Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Collingwood Board: Christine Holgate thrown under a Bus?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:00 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

What'sinaname wrote:
Lone Ranger wrote:
If it was $3000 each in money, no=one would have batted an eye lid.
The optics however of "Cartier" watches makes her look out of touch no matter how reasonable it is.
With Post performing so poorly under Covid (not totally unexpected), and the state of businesses in general, it would seem obvious not to give bonuses at this time. To do so was misreading the room. To make it Cartier watches was just horrible, horrible optics and suggests she it totally out of touch.

Watches were given out pre-COVID. What's out of touch is her inability to comprehend what a Government owned entity is, thinking it's private sector.

And she's on our Board. No idea and no clue, but an obvious yes-man for Eddie.

But both she and her predecessor were employed to drag AustPost out of it's public service mentality and become more like private enterprise.

Wheeling & dealing, corporate gifts are all part of the game in private enterprise.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:29 am

Dark Beanie wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
Lone Ranger wrote:
The optics however of "Cartier" watches makes her look out of touch no matter how reasonable it is.
With Post performing so poorly under Covid (not totally unexpected), and the state of businesses in general, it would seem obvious not to give bonuses at this time. To do so was misreading the room. To make it Cartier watches was just horrible, horrible optics and suggests she it totally out of touch.

Watches were given out pre-COVID. What's out of touch is her inability to comprehend what a Government owned entity is, thinking it's private sector.

But both she and her predecessor were employed to drag AustPost out of it's public service mentality and become more like private enterprise.

Wheeling & dealing, corporate gifts are all part of the game in private enterprise.

That's all good and well. She should have recognised her error and quickly repaid the $20K.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:12 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Dark Beanie wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
Lone Ranger wrote:

That's all good and well. She should have recognised her error and quickly repaid the $20K.

No, she was thrown n under a bus which convennently served as a defelction for Scotty from Marketing re the sports rorts and the $30 million land lead for Liberal party donors for land valued at $3 million

She actually saved stuggling post office businesses by getting banks to pay for a service they were getting for free. She's quite a CEO. I was wrong with my initilal reaction which is why I edited it with better information. She deserves two wotches

"...She saved us, and those people who worked on that team – how hard do you think it was to make the CEOs of the banks pay for a service that they had had for years for free?" Ms Cramp told this masthead.

"We are absolutely 100, 200, 1000 per cent behind her leadership and she is desperately needed for us to survive.

"Whatever this is about, it has got nothing to do with bloody watches.
..."

Sounds like a good person to have on the board (although the Pauline Hanson drama should not have occured)

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/federal/she-saved-us-post-office-owners-back-christine-holgate-20201025-p568dh.html

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:22 pm

Don't think anyone is saying she's been a bad CEO at Aus Post. She's handled this saga poorly. Could have easily made it go away by agreeing to repay - other Politicians have done so before. Instead, bad judgment, means she's been stood down temporarily.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:03 pm

It’s funny to blame the government when it was the opposition bringing it up and hammering the government on doing something about it.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:14 pm

Something smells here, Holgate has managed to piss someone off. You don't throw good people under a bus for a distraction (unless you're Dan Andrews).

Posties don't like her, federal Labor clearly don't like her, yet she seems good at her job despite the poor optics of spending a relative pittance on some reward and recognition for a small number of people.

Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:19 pm

Posties don't like her because she is trying to drag them kicking and screaming into the modern world.

Like the public service there is dead wood just waiting for retirement or their next batch of sick leave. I have family that work for AustPost - some of the people they work with are seriously dumb or maybe just lazy.

5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:31 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
It’s funny to blame the government when it was the opposition bringing it up and hammering the government on doing something about it.

You didn't notice Albanese and Morrison competing to display which of them was the most outraged and the most concerned about the taxpayers?
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:39 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Something smells here, Holgate has managed to piss someone off. You don't throw good people under a bus for a distraction

Posties don't like her, federal Labor clearly don't like her, yet she seems good at her job despite the poor optics of spending a relative pittance on some reward and recognition for a small number of people.

It was poor optics & Morrison didn't plan it but used it to deflect from the $30 million for $3 million land deals benefitting Liberal Party donor Land developers and the sports rorts affair which is still to unravel.

Last edited by watt price tully on Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total
K 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:38 pm

The gov hasn't decided yet who'll be in charge of the inquiry.

Might I suggest Peter Murphy? Cool
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:15 am

Christina Holgate falls victim to Morrison’s grandstanding

“....Christine Holgate has fallen victim to Scotty’s virtue signalling, grandstanding and the leveraging of optics.....”

https://www.theage.com.au/business/banking-and-finance/holgate-falls-victim-to-pm-s-grandstanding-20201026-p568rg.html

K 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:01 am

Forget the watches for a moment. Tell me what's the point of paying a reputation management firm $119,000 for 38 days of work.

I mean, I either need to use postal service or I don't. If I do, I have no choice whose service to use, whatever Aus. Post's reputation is.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:37 am

K wrote:
Forget the watches for a moment. Tell me what's the point of paying a reputation management firm $119,000 for 38 days of work.

I mean, I either need to use postal service or I don't. If I do, I have no choice whose service to use, whatever Aus. Post's reputation is.

That’s about $2,000 a week. When ur running a billion dollar business then that’s small fry. When Ahmed Fahour was running the show their organisations reputation was as high as used car salesmen and property developers. Holgate took over an organisation on the nose. Accordingly and while not privy to all the machinations I don’t think it’s a big deal in the scheme of things.

K 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:43 am

watt price tully wrote:
That’s about $2,000 a week. ...

Umm... Google tells me it's > $3,100 per day.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:58 am

K wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
That’s about $2,000 a week. ...

Umm... Google tells me it's > $3,100 per day.

Correct. However the point remains the same: small fry for a business dealing in billions with the reputational repair required.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8   

Jump to: