Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Collingwood Board: Christine Holgate thrown under a Bus?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:44 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

inxs88 wrote:
She can be added to my 14 delistings!

Very funny but I have her as a swap to the Kangas for a late fourth rounder
😉
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:03 pm

The board members all got a Versace handbag for the club making the finals this year and selling the target quota of platinum membership packages. Discussion about giving players handbags if we don’t make the finals next year.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:06 pm

Piss off Eddie. I know people who lost their jobs at Aus Post and are struggling to pay their rent and bills. And worse, they were told to reapply and join the applicant line for the recent “1000” jobs announcement — that over 50,000 people applied for! And the board has the gall to slap themselves on the back with luxury watches. It is absolutely atrocious that any executive should be awarding each other with luxury goods right now when the majority of us are doing it tougher than we ever have before. You are so, so, so far from Broadmeadows Ed, you’re drinking the million dollar champagne from the fountain too much now. **** off. Holgate earns $27k a week, that’s my wage in 10 days!!!! Wearing a watch that’s most of my yearly wage to a meeting about luxury watches just sums up how tone deaf these rich bastards are in their Toorak mansions. DO THEY NOT GET IT!!! That’s a postie’s wage. Collingwood was built on the working class, for the working class, but yeah **** us, the footy’s been all about the rich for years now. People’s game, people’s club? **** off!

https://www.news.com.au/finance/work/leaders/eddie-mcguire-explodes-over-the-scandal-surrounding-australia-post-boss-christine-holgate/news-story/a92db0049ee6e43ec31015abb02de232
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:24 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Piss off Eddie. I know people who lost their jobs at Aus Post and are struggling to pay their rent and bills. And worse, they were told to reapply and join the applicant line for the recent “1000” jobs announcement — that over 50,000 people applied for! And the board has the gall to slap themselves on the back with luxury watches. It is absolutely atrocious that any executive should be awarding each other with luxury goods right now when the majority of us are doing it tougher than we ever have before. You are so, so, so far from Broadmeadows Ed, you’re drinking the million dollar champagne from the fountain too much now. **** off. Holgate earns $27k a week, that’s my wage in 10 days!!!! Wearing a watch that’s most of my yearly wage to a meeting about luxury watches just sums up how tone deaf these rich bastards are in their Toorak mansions. DO THEY NOT GET IT!!! That’s a postie’s wage. Collingwood was built on the working class, for the working class, but yeah **** us, the footy’s been all about the rich for years now. People’s game, people’s club? **** off!

https://www.news.com.au/finance/work/leaders/eddie-mcguire-explodes-over-the-scandal-surrounding-australia-post-boss-christine-holgate/news-story/a92db0049ee6e43ec31015abb02de232

Have you watched the Danny De Vito film "Other People's Money". It's a similar situation. Those postal worker jobs are lost forever whoever is running the Post Office. it's called technological change. Nothing to do with Christine Holgate. People don't send letters any more. They email. The post office is now a parcel delivery service and a banking outlet service.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:37 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:

I am not an Eddie fan, but he is right about one thing, the politics of envy is certainly on display.

What on earth does your income have to do with the issue? Because you are a low income earner does that cause you to hate everyone that has had financial success? What does Holgate’s income have to do with the issue?

If you are going to rant, at least rant about the correct facts. Job losses due to COVID are irrelevant as the watch purchases were approved by the board about two years ago. The board did not give themselves watches either - they approved of giving watches to employees.

I give you 10/10 for passion, but 0/10 for comprehension and logic.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:48 pm

Maybe I just don't understand how this stuff works, but what if, instead of being run by all these mega-rich corporate losers, the board were filled by ... you know, ordinary people who are passionate about the club and want it to succeed? Is there any reason why you need to be a millionaire to be in charge of decisions related to money?
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:53 pm

Funny thing is Eddie going after the PM when it was both sides of politics attacking her, the ALP were demanding action so maybe Eddie should be taking on Albo as well or is that not a good career move?
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:15 pm

David wrote:
Maybe I just don't understand how this stuff works, but what if, instead of being run by all these mega-rich corporate losers, the board were filled by ... you know, ordinary people who are passionate about the club and want it to succeed? Is there any reason why you need to be a millionaire to be in charge of decisions related to money?

Ordinary people don’t have the contacts to obtain corporate sponsorship.
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:17 pm

5 from the wing on debut wrote:
David wrote:

Bingo! Its all about the bottom line, no one really gives a f&ck anymore
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:53 pm

Eddie finally dragged Collingwood into this.

He's a knuckle dragging idiot.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:54 pm

David wrote:

Does that mean we'll be visiting the Cartier Centre from 2021?

Last edited by What'sinaname on Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:09 pm

What'sinaname wrote:

As I said before, I am not an Eddie fan but in this case we were already in it and what he has said is correct. He has supported a board member that most likely did nothing wrong, but is being attacked for political expediency. Politicians realised that the little man is hurting at the moment so there is mileage to be gained from attacking someone that already has political enemies. Both sides of politics realise that people won’t understand the full details and will pile on her without proper consideration so it works well for them. She may even resign or be forced out of Australia Post, but that is a different thing from being wrong in what she did.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:34 pm

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
Nonsense. This is nothing more than a political hatchet job on her. Four $3000 watches to executives who made Australia Post $60,000,000 on a deal with the banks. She's taken a massive pay cut from Blackmores to repair the damage of her predecessor who was on twice her salary. Now she'll walk away and leave it to the politicians to claim their lavish travel expenses which few of us query.

I stand corrected (except for the Pauline Hanson reference)

Did she actually take a pay cut from Blackmores as you assert?

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:42 pm

What'sinaname wrote:

As I said before, I am not an Eddie fan but in this case we were already in it and what he has said is correct. He has supported a board member that most likely did nothing wrong, but is being attacked for political expediency. Politicians realised that the little man is hurting at the moment so there is mileage to be gained from attacking someone that already has political enemies. Both sides of politics realise that people won’t understand the full details and will pile on her without proper consideration so it works well for them. She may even resign or be forced out of Australia Post, but that is a different thing from being wrong in what she did.

I stand corrected: OP edited for balance and accuracy

scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:43 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
David wrote:

Does that mean we'll be visiting the Cartier Centre from 2021?

No I think what it means is that Collingwood isn’t one of those clubs who are constantly/forever in debt or on verge of collapse,if we were imagine what you’d be saying about Eddie then.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8   

Jump to: