Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Collingwood Board: Christine Holgate thrown under a Bus?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roar 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:15 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering the pathetic service of Australia Post, they all should be sacked, not given bonuses.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:24 am

How would sacking everyone improve service?
Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:05 pm

Holgate was on base salary of 1.5mil, but earned over 2mil annually after bonuses. Please do not a shed a tear for these people when most of us haven't had a payrise for years.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:07 pm

Yeah, I guess I'm also trying to find a midpoint between treating Holgate as a scapegoat for the sins of the corporate class (when pretty much all of them do stuff like this) and taking an "everybody hands out cash bonuses / gifts in the upper echelons anyway so it's fine" approach. Morrison and Albanese's kneejerk reaction that it sounded bad (or at least that the ordinary voter would think it was bad) is an attitude worth cultivating, not dismissing. And of course as WoY points out above, the $5000 watch is a symbolic drop in the ocean compared to the millions these people actually rake in. They may not represent everything that's wrong with our society, but they do account for a good portion of it.
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:39 pm

^Going by what I can see, anyone burdened with accountability for finding an exceptional candidate would fall over themselves to get Christine Holgate in an applicant pool.

A system that uses either trivia or a vague class discomfort to eliminate competent people, and rewards destructive scumbags of the Abbott variety instead, is never going to deliver anything better than a narcissistic halfwit.

I'm not advocating here as I don't know enough about Christine Holgate, but at the level of knowledge I have she warrants very serious consideration.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:13 am

pietillidie wrote:
So, am I right to conclude here that Holgate is highly competent to the tune of tens of millions of dollars and two major success stories and the rest is so pathetically irrelevant you wonder why it's even a story?

Because Scotty from Marketing who happens to be PM wanted to make political mileage out of outrage and take the pressure off him, that it is part of a wider current discussion about the treatment of women in politics and society generally and by the Liberal Party and by Scotty particularly.

Your premise is 100 correct PTID.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:18 am

pietillidie wrote:
^Going by what I can see, anyone burdened with accountability for finding an exceptional candidate would fall over themselves to get Christine Holgate in an applicant pool.

A system that uses either trivia or a vague class discomfort to eliminate competent people, and rewards destructive scumbags of the Abbott variety instead, is never going to deliver anything better than a narcissistic halfwit.

I'm not advocating here as I don't know enough about Christine Holgate, but at the level of knowledge I have she warrants very serious consideration.

PTID: this is a great interview with Christine Holgate with Laura Tingle: shows what a prick and bully Scotty from Marketing is:

https://www.abc.net.au/7.30/christine-holgate-speaks-exclusively-to-7.30/13301254

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:06 pm

^But the Minister for the Assembly of Hillsong was awarded Chief Commander of the Legion of Merit by Donald Trump, so who is Christine Holgate to argue?

Australia has been run by extraordinarily untalented suburban thugs and dimwits for a very long time now. You might as well get Johnson's Tories to annex you as an imperial county. I always enjoyed the mining dunces instructing the world on science. But the greatest triumph for Australian cultural conservatism was when Tony Abbott appointed Sophie Mirabella Minister for Science and Technology Laughing

It's no doubt the same portfolio after portfolio all the way down; short-armed pub big mouths hellbent on rooting out competent and qualified people who might expose them as the clueless chest puffers they so obviously are.

ronrat 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:48 pm

My parents ran a LPO in rural Qld for years. They allso sold bread milk and convenience foods etc. Dad also owned the 2 school buses. The numpties in Brisbane decided to send a consultant to see whether people would want rural service delivery instaed of pickup at local LPO. Of course they voted yes,

Dad used to put mail in the buses for kids to take home with odd bread and stuff.

At a town meeting the Austpost dill got up and said how much better it would be.

My Dad asked to speak. He said without the post office income he would have to close the shop. It would leave the village with no retail venue. You can drive the 15kms to the nearest pkace on the highway and back another 15 kms. There would be no PO box 24 hour pick up, thee post box and the payphone would be removed and your banking would have to be done 30 kms away if with the Commonwealth. Your kids will have no where to go to get an icecream or a drink on the bikes, I will sell the bus run and it probably won;t be available for the sports club to get to venues.

The villagers got the pitchforks out threw the consultant out.

Years later he sold the LPO to the local petrol servo and the business lasted another 8 years but collapsed when Austpost finally got their wayand started rural deliveries and now there is no newspapersm milk or breaf for 800 odd people.

Austpost which was split from the PMG and Telecom was built on taxpayers money and has an obligation to rural people as well as the lazy buggers playing with their phones and not going to retail outlets.

It takes 4-6 weeks for a prioity paid letter to get to a major city in Thailand and dlivered by a service that operates 7 bdays a week. They have taken their eyes off the ball. They are not a banking identity.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8   

Jump to: