Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Grand Final. Tigers v. Cats

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 17, 18, 19  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clifton Hill-Billy 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:29 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

As insufferable as another Richmond premiership would be, I hate Geelong more and would like to see Ablett and Taylor leave the game in heartbreak and then see Geelong severely punished for rorting the salary cap when they try to get Jeremy Cameron with visy bags of cash under the table.
That being said whichever team I want to win the grand final invariably loses, so another Geebung flag coming up

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:37 am

It's been a while.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1967_VFL_Grand_Final#Match_details

The last time these two sides met in a Grand Final, there were some legendary players and other household names in both lineups. For Geelong, "Polly", Doug Wade, Billy Goggin, Denis Marshall, Wayne Closter, Peter Walker, Ken Newland, Gareth Andrews, Geoof Ainsworth and John Scarlett. For Richmond, Kevin Bartlett, Royce Hart, Fred Swift, Roger Dean, Tony Jewell, Dick Clay, Billy Barrott, Francis Bourke, Paddy Guinane and Michael Green. Of course, Tom Hafey was Richmond's coach.

It's hard to imagine, now - but in those days, we just enjoyed the football and were amazed at the feats of skill. I don't think as kids we hated either of the teams or any of the players.

Here's the final quarter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51eKaJKWv7M
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:55 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
It's been a while.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1967_VFL_Grand_Final#Match_details

Perhaps they should have met in 1980, it could be argued.

Some days I wish we had lost that 1980PF, even though I attended as a ten year old, and it was an as exhilarating game as i've ever seen, same as the groundhog 1981 repeat.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:27 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ6adKFbsXY

If Hafey had not run The Great One out of town, it might all have been different. That link is to the round 2, 1980 game in which Richmond, the eventual premier, was taken to the cleaners by the greatest footballer who ever pulled on boots. In 1978, it beggared belief that Collingwood would trade out a guy who could, quite literally, play anywhere and was, as the mood took him, the best full-forward, centre-half-forward, centreman, or ruck-rover in the game. Watching it this evening - for the first time in over 40 years, it still makes me angry. I remember watching this replay on the Saurday night and being inconsolable watching him do it all - playing all of those roles to perfection in one exquisite final quarter - in a red and black jumper, instead of the black and white.

To be honest, I never really got over Hafey moving him on. Edwards was traded in in 1979 and was OK in that Grand Final before his knees fell off - but Craig Stewart at CHF in 1980 and 1981 was, frankly, hard to take.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:05 pm

My tip richmond will kick the first 4 goals unanwered too of the match then just coast to a 41 point win. They will be kicking 2 goals to cats 2 behinds it will be that king of gf again same as last year all 1 sided. Cats will get the ball occasionally but will turn it over which will lead to another tiger goal. Will sometimes get into the cats forward 50 but they will spray it and miss. Tigers go down the other end and kick a goal.
Will be the same pin ball type of footy that is the AFL game these days and will be tap tap all day with no skill at all just a bit of leg speed thats all.

Scoreline richmond 12.11 : 83
cats 5.14 : 44

quarter time tigers by 19
half time tigers 28
3 quarter time tigers 35

it will be all over as soon as tigers kick the first 4 goals by the 7th min of the match.

norm smith: dustin martin and lynch to tie for best on ground
lynch to kick 6 goals (3 are the first 3 goals of the match)

first score : richmond goal in the 1st minute and kicked by tom lynch in a very straight forward set shot only 10 meters out from a quick clearence from the opening bounce

last score: richmond goal dusty kicks a goal from the boundry say 35 meters out from an out of bounds ono the full from the cats just before the final siren but kicked after the siren and dusty swings around and kicks truelly for the goal.

Its a doomsday.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:02 am

^ you put way too much time into thinking about Richmond.
woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:25 am

the AFL are really concerned with the crowd to this game.

I have seen several posts on there AFL Facebook page about it being the first time in 20 yrs general public will be able to get tickets to a GF(non members of competing clubs)

Just shows that the ticket price is a bit too steep for the members outside of VIC, as both richmond and geelong filled the ground in their finals okay.
woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:30 am

Can someone from Melbourne whos been to the GF at the MCG tell me if these ticket prices compare to the rates of a normal GF?

seem very high.

I suspect theres no "standing room" tickets due to covid, so all price ranges are seated..but have the AFL/QLD gov just gone (well we normally get 100k at MCG, and can only seat 30k at gabba, so times all prices by 3 to get the same revenue?)
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:35 am

They look similar to last year’s prices - the top number is the same: https://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/AFL/Files/Images/Finals/2019-Finals-Series-Ticket-Prices.pdf
woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:31 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
They look similar to last year’s prices - the top number is the same: https://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/AFL/Files/Images/Finals/2019-Finals-Series-Ticket-Prices.pdf

ahh nicee find thanks
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:50 am

I want neither side to win and the thought of either losing fills me with equal parts joy.

It's an almost impossible task to have a preference in this game but if forced to choose between a kick in the cods and a kick in the face I'll take the cods and favour Geelong by the width of my scrotum skin.

FWIW I feel Geelong have been playing closer to their maximum ability than Richmond, they're confident the Gabba suits their style of play and will win.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:23 pm

Choice between the white hot frying pan and the blazing fire🤔 FWIW, sadly it will be Richmond by 27.☹️
woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:28 pm

still a hell of a lot better GF then to have Port or the Bears in it. IMO
Kill for Collingwood 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:32 pm
Post subject: 2020 Grand FinalReply with quote

A depressing day imminent for me- a 55 years’ Collingwood supporter.
The history and fate of us and Richmond since 2017 is humiliating which will linger for many seasons. They would be “laughing at us” justifiably.
Richmond admin backed its coach and have prospered; McGuire backed his favourite son and we’re irretrievably headed south. Because of shit decisions, wasting $$$ and egos. IMO we’ll continue ‘south’ until these 2 egos are gone.
Buckley said recently that “ no flags won’t define him”.
It already has and he made sure of it by saying so”
To Nathan and Eddie: “admit you’ve failed, piss off and allow others to have a go at making this club achieve again.

masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:44 pm

I don't even know whether I will watch it.
I always barrack for the underdog.
No underdog here!!!!!!!
I am hanging out for the Melbourne Storm on Sunday.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 2 of 19   

Jump to: