Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Lumumba sues Collingwood

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:59 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I give this man credit deserved for being a Collingwood premiership player but one can only have supportive feelings for so long and my ones are fast finishing
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:40 pm

The real issue here is corporate greed that has destroyed our beloved game. Racism is a shameful symptom of corporate greed and both should be stamped out. If he is successful in his lawsuit and this clips the wings of the corporate greed brigade, then good luck to him.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:19 am

Hiss wrote:
The real issue here is corporate greed that has destroyed our beloved game. Racism is a shameful symptom of corporate greed and both should be stamped out. If he is successful in his lawsuit and this clips the wings of the corporate greed brigade, then good luck to him.

I have just a sneaking suspicion that racism existed before the first company incorporation. On the other hand I have seen many company constitutions which contain a clause specifying that "On a day not less than 14 days and no more than 28 days before each annual general meeting a member may nominate another member, who, for the following year, will be known as '<Snip - Please don’t repeat it - Pies4shaw for BBMods>'".
Sicks Bux Sagittarius

Hal 2003-2019

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:59 am

Lumumba slams Collingwood for not providing access to racial discrimination report:

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2020/12/23/lumumba-slams-collingwood-for-not-providing-access-to-racial-discrimination/

Last edited by Sicks Bux on Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:16 am

Sicks Bux wrote:
Lumumba slams Collingwood for not proving access to racial discrimination report:

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2020/12/23/lumumba-slams-collingwood-for-not-providing-access-to-racial-discrimination/

I don't think he's wrong in terms of Eddie trying to manage the release of the report independent report into the allegations of racism at the club by announcing his retirement first.

Dr Pie was strongly of the view that Eddie's announcement at the beginning of the members forum subverted indeed derailed the forum that was to be held. It ought to have occurred at the AGM not on the members forum.

In a similar way, the club needs to be questioned why hasn't it released the the independent report.

Sicks Bux Sagittarius

Hal 2003-2019

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:34 am

I agree. The report needs to be released.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:58 pm

Correction: Lumumba’s lawyers are asking for the report release. Collingwood’s lawyers are most likely advising not to give it to them.
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:58 pm

The report needs to be made public
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:49 pm

watt price tully wrote:

I don't think he's wrong in terms of Eddie trying to manage the release of the report independent report into the allegations of racism at the club by announcing his retirement first.

Dr Pie was strongly of the view that Eddie's announcement at the beginning of the members forum subverted indeed derailed the forum that was to be held. It ought to have occurred at the AGM not on the members forum.

In a similar way, the club needs to be questioned why hasn't it released the the independent report.

Definitely agree with you WPT.
Eddie is certainly an astute political operator (this has had both its advantages and negatives during his tenure). However, I certainly think his announcement was timed to take the wind out of the sails of discontented supporters.
Likewise, I reckon he would be trying to delay any further negative repercussions for the club (and him) at this 'delicate" time so soon after the uproar of the trade period, so delaying the release of the racism report.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:23 pm

neil wrote:
The report needs to be made public

yes it should, scary that it hasnt been!

warburton lad 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:49 pm

Make the report available to every person employed by the Club-

Incorporate sufficient training around racial issues as an important part of each new employee's induction process.

Provide a copy to Lumumba and his solicitor.

Issue a public apology to any affected individuals..

Born to Pie 

Born to Pie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:30 pm

If H has a racism claim against his former employer, the Collingwood Football Club he has to prove his claim. This will probably be very long winded if it goes to court, because the applicable laws apply to the individuals and the corporate entity.

I don't think the club wants this sort of thing hanging over our heads but I believe it's a damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario.

Race discrimination happens when a person is treated less favorably, or is not given the same opportunities, as others in the same situation, because of their race, the country where they were born, their skin color or their ethnic origin.

The Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (RDA) makes it unlawful to discriminate against a person because of his or her race, color, descent, national or ethnic origin, or immigrant status.

We pride ourselves on being a multi cultural society but unfortunately, cases of racial discrimination still happen, and legally and morally we know individuals should not be harassed by the employer and/or other employees because of race.

In this case the basis seems to be harassment directed as racial jokes and remarks. Even if the joke was considered funny and H laughed about it at the time, he obviously sees it as offensive, even if only in hind sight. If racially inappropriate names and jokes were directed at him, H has a case for racial discrimination in accordance with the RDA.

I can't see that the independent report commissioned by the club has any bearing on his case against the club, because he still has to provide evidence of his claim based on the balance of probabilities.

I don't think the club can be a winner at all in this situation, it is what it is and it's not good.

Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:12 pm
Post subject: YeahReply with quote

Why us? We are the least racist Club in the League. I have never heard one racist comment from any Collingwood supporter in my entire life at any game ever. Any player found guilty of racism can have their providence fund allowance fined. I hope any claim we are racist is not aired by the media who are biased against us. H must be welcomed back at the Club with full Honours and given life membership.[/u]
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:16 pm

Short memory, Hiss – I’m pretty sure I’ve heard that you were disposed to making the odd offensive remark about the Prussians and Austro-Hungarians at the football in your youth. Wink
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:31 am

^I think a review of Hiss' emails referring to his neighbours would be worthwhile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7   

Jump to: