Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Lumumba sues Collingwood

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:24 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
It's been clear for a few years now that poor Harry is dealing with some deep mental demons, stemming from child abuse which he has publicly acknowledged. His bitterness at Collingwood, the club which gave his a career, when ALL other clubs had overlooked him, is a disgrace. I'm sure he'll end up with some sort of payout, because that's how the system works, but seriously, he needs a lot of help to overcome his chronic attention seeking behaviour. It's as if he can't accept the fact that he is not an intellectual, or a leader of anyone. He is an ex footballer, that's all. It's time for him to accept that and get on with his life.

exactly this, im sure he thought he was going to be the next dali lama or what ever its called. hes just keeping himself relevant and taking advantage of the current climate in the US

K 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:30 pm

billy_picken25 wrote:
The use of drugs or alcohol or whatever are often part of a person's coping mechanism, usually not the cause of the problem.

Yes.
Pebbles Rocks 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:33 pm

[quote="think positive"]
RudeBoy wrote:
It's been clear for a .....

That is an outstanding logo. Love it

K 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:35 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
... His bitterness at Collingwood, the club which gave his a career, when ALL other clubs had overlooked him, is a disgrace. I'm sure he'll end up with some sort of payout, because that's how the system works, but seriously, he needs a lot of help to overcome his chronic attention seeking behaviour. ...

"The club which gave his career." You make it sound like charity. It wasn't and nor should it have been. He got a career because he could play footy.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:16 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
It's been clear for a few years now that poor Harry is dealing with some deep mental demons, stemming from child abuse which he has publicly acknowledged. His bitterness at Collingwood, the club which gave his a career, when ALL other clubs had overlooked him, is a disgrace. I'm sure he'll end up with some sort of payout, because that's how the system works, but seriously, he needs a lot of help to overcome his chronic attention seeking behaviour. It's as if he can't accept the fact that he is not an intellectual, or a leader of anyone. He is an ex footballer, that's all. It's time for him to accept that and get on with his life.

Can't agree with that.

Many churches have been so important in giving their parishioners much identity and meaning in life. It doesn't excuse them of misconduct towards some.

The cafe gave Brodie a job (perhaps she was overlooked for other jobs). Doesn't make it right to treat her like shit, so much so that she kills herself.

I know I'm being extreme, but if any of this is true, then those responsible need to be help to account. It doesn't matter what child abuse he suffered, or even what he has said about treating woman.
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:18 pm

Now the BBC world news is running with the story.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:26 pm

Dude is becoming an ex who just won't let go of what we once had, and remembers just the bad stuff and none of the good.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:36 pm

He seems fixated on some traumatic experiences that have remained unresolved for many years. This can be quite delibitating. He needs counseling on many mental health issues affecting him and his thinking.
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:08 pm

It doesn't matter.
He will screw a decent amount of cash from us.\
A few years ago I talked to my boss about a former employee who crashed their car on the business grounds of my work.
They had a heart attack.
They sued for stress.
They won a big amount.
The Boss said anything under 80 grand wasn't worth defending.
shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:36 pm

masoncox wrote:
Now the BBC world news is running with the story.

Must be a quiet news day.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:28 am

Lazza wrote:
He seems fixated on some traumatic experiences that have remained unresolved for many years. This can be quite delibitating. He needs counseling on many mental health issues affecting him and his thinking.

You’re spot on there. Unfortunately this Is the age of the woke generation where people are encouraged to lash out and blame society every time they suffer a setback. Lumumber needs help. It can get that sitting down with the club to resolve his differences. There are plenty of people at the club who want to help him. Litigation is the last thing he needs. All it benefits are the lawyers and journalists who love having digs at Collingwood.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:57 am

Lazza wrote:

I agree, and from the sound of it a lot of the issues are from his pre Collingwood days, not sure that all equates to suing Collingwood, but I guess we now know why there was no official apology, as that iwould be as good as an admission of guilt. There would not be a single player who has not experienced some kind of abuse, racial, sexist, this could open a flood gate. Let’s not forget he is living in litigation happy city right now, they sue for anything. Collingwood need to jump on this fast, I suspect the AFL will take great interest in it.

The world is becoming more aware of mental health issues, that’s a good thing, however how the hell do you stop people taking advantage of it for the wrong reasons. I’m not saying H is, but he admits to having major trauma as a child, does that come into it? Beams is costing us money, cap space, his issues are not Collingwood related.

Pipes1970 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:16 am

RudeBoy wrote:

Yep.... I think you have got this summarised pretty spot on

5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:17 am

TP, I suspect the AFL will take great interest in it too, because the media has reported that they are a defendant in the case as well!
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:27 am

While I suspect Hertier has some personal problems there may be something to his claims
If the club has behaved in a racist manner then so be it.
Malthouse while a great coach is not the nicest person
If the club had protocols that were ignored then the club may be liable
Remember what Leon Davis said
Paul Medhurst was not totally happy about his time at Collingwood
What happened to Robbie Muir was disgraceful and anyone who thinks it would not have happened at Collingwood is naive
McAllister made many racist comments

We all acknowledge the lack of indigenous players at Collingwood
Wonder what the reasons are

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7   

Jump to: