Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Big trades gonna happen

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:31 pm
Post subject: Big trades gonna happenReply with quote

Well with all the whispers about trading out Phillips, Grundy and Treloar, it's clear to me that our pathetic submissive end to the season will have dire consequences for a few players. The fact is, on match day, when it mattered most, the players let the club down. While neither Bucks nor Ed publicly admonished the players, I'm sure a conclusion was reached that this list has run its race, having squandered the opportunities to land a flag over 3 yrs 2018-2020. We need to construct a newish list, with some significant changes. Hence some players will be induced/encouraged to accept offers elsewhere, allowing us to land a couple of big fish, so that we can go into season 2021 with a sense of newfound power.

So while I normally value loyalty etc, given the flaccid performance of our team in the semi-final, its no-one's fault but their own that we now have to be more ruthless. Second best, is no longer (actually it never was) good enough.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:36 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I concur
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:45 pm

Flogging a dead horse here but time is running short for both Bucks and Eddie to actually win some silverware - hence we cannot wait for a normal well paced rebuild, so I concur as well.

PS: My gut says we'll hold onto Grundy.. but of course considering the climate, anything could happen.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:49 pm

Or Clickbait from the Media
gobbles21 Virgo

It is what it is...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:59 pm

There's no whisper of trading Grundy, it was just a former employee saying that's something he'd look at.

If DTM said he'd like to see us trade someone it doesn't make it a "whisper". It's purely someone's idea / opinion.

Phillips and Treloar are whispers. They're stories from club and/or player sources and journos need at least two different sources before running with a story so there's clearly some merit to them.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:02 pm

gobbles21 wrote:
There's no whisper of trading Grundy, it was just a former employee saying that's something he'd look at.

If DTM said he'd like to see us trade someone it doesn't make it a "whisper". It's purely someone's idea / opinion.

Phillips and Treloar are whispers. They're stories from club and/or player sources and journos need at least two different sources before running with a story so there's clearly some merit to them.

Nah, you're confused with the guy on Fox Footy who seems to have been on two different sauces before going live!
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:20 pm

How quickly we forget the magnificent win over the Eagles, such short memoires. Throw the baby out with the bathwater time. Make trades, changes yes, but to throw up Grundy, Treloar, is just ludicrous. OK we put in a shocker, shit happens, all sides have shockers, now grow a set and get over it.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:25 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
How quickly we forget the magnificent win over the Eagles, such short memoires. Throw the baby out with the bathwater time. Make trades, changes yes, but to throw up Grundy, Treloar, is just ludicrous. OK we put in a shocker, shit happens, all sides have shockers, now grow a set and get over it.

Who are you talking to - yourself, or the club that is trying to force Treloar out, for the second year in a row?
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:30 pm

After constant being told of tight cap up comes alledged 800,000 for Darcy Moore and money for Daicos / Keane

Who goes to fit these three in to cap

Or has the retired/ not wanted we know about been the breaker or is the breaker JDG

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:10 pm

5 from the wing on debut wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Who are you talking to - yourself, or the club that is trying to force Treloar out, for the second year in a row?

Gee, thats strange, i saw Treloar himself deny hes going anywhere, was very firm, and Eddie said the exactly the same. Do a fact check for once.

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:27 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Gee, thats strange, i saw Treloar himself deny hes going anywhere, was very firm, and Eddie said the exactly the same. Do a fact check for once.

The club clearly wants to trade him.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:30 pm

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Really, ? all i know is what the man himself said two nights ago, on TV, he and his partner are working things out, and hes staying a Magpie for sure, he said those exact words. Im simply repeating what he said, himself, thats all. Confused

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:30 pm

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Really, ? all i know is what the man himself said two nights ago, on TV, he and his partner are working things out, and hes staying a Magpie for sure, he said those exact words. Im simply repeating what he said, himself, thats all. Confused

The General Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:49 pm

So far in the last week, I think I have heard every single players name mentioned up for trade or delisting, bar about 5 or 6. But during the next week, I am sure those last few names will get thrown up somewhere also.

Trade week starts in 10 days. It's going to be a long 10 days.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:51 pm

The General wrote:
So far in the last week, I think I have heard every single players name mentioned up for trade or delisting, bar about 5 or 6. But during the next week, I am sure those last few names will get thrown up somewhere also.

Trade week starts in 10 days. It's going to be a long 10 days.

Then Trade Week could be Worse Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9   

Jump to: