Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Tom Phillips up for trade

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
themonk 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:21 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Piesnchess wrote:
Was a good player, yes, but seemed to fall away a bit lately. Id like a straight swap with Weidemann of the Deees, it sucks having the Grandson of the great Murray there, hed be rapt if we could get his grandson back where he should be.

It also sucks that he was a Richmond supporter as a kid.

If he can't respect his grandfather why should we respect him, no thanks.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:59 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Phillips, Hoskin-Elliott and Thomas should all be encouraged to explore their options while Cox should be another if we can land an upgrade.

WHE has had a bad year. So next year he'll have a good year. You don't trade a player on the basis of one bad year. You trade a player on the basis of one good year. The difference between WHE and Phillips is WHE has no basic flaws or weaknesses in his game. Therefore as a club you do whatever you can to return him into making a valuable contribution to the club. Phillips is different. The basis of Phillip's game is that he runs harder and longer than his opponent. That killed him off in 2020 in the shortened quarters. If that's the only bow you have in your game you have serious problems. I didn't think Phillips had a good 2019 season either. His game has been found out if you're not a penetrating kick, you're not fast off a standing start and you're not overly clean with the ball when you get it. Phillips had a great 2018. He was good in the grand final. That's it. I'd trade whatever I could get for him.
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:55 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
It was reported Phillips is open to a trade. Dunno if he has Perth in mind though!

Hogan? No bloody way, we don’t need more drama at the club.

I feel like Phillips for Hogan wouldn't be a bad deal. Could be a win-win for both clubs, which is what you need to be looking at when you're proposing potential trades (too many people on here think that we'll get something good for a player we don't want, which obviously hardly ever happens).

themonk wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Was a good player, yes, but seemed to fall away a bit lately. Id like a straight swap with Weidemann of the Deees, it sucks having the Grandson of the great Murray there, hed be rapt if we could get his grandson back where he should be.

It also sucks that he was a Richmond supporter as a kid.

If he can't respect his grandfather why should we respect him, no thanks.

You must be kidding Laughing what if his other grandfather (or grandmother) was a Richmond supporter lol. Who gives a damn who he supported when he was a kid.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:01 pm

Peter McKenna barracked for Essendon....
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:03 pm

I know a Carlton supporter whose old man was mad Collingwood. They don’t talk much
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:53 pm

Is Weideman even up for trade?
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:59 pm

I don't know why we are contemplating getting rid of a bloke with his tank.

Do I have to remind you all about that team of plodders we fielded last saturday night?

Not that Phillips would have changed the result at all, but he would have had a dip at least.

Just get him a skills coach FFS; it's all he needs.

matrix10 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:10 pm

piedys wrote:

Do I have to remind you all about that team of plodders we fielded last saturday night?

Not that Phillips would have changed the result at all, but he would have had a dip at least.

greta point dyso
we really missed phillips and sidey! both can run all day- and as you said- at always has a go. work in his kicking and handball skills!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:13 pm

Philips would have had a dip, and Sidey couldhave if he chose too

Salty as the Dead Sea I am

inxs88 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:26 pm

piedys wrote:

Skills coach? It's like asking Nickleback to be cool. Some things just aint possible.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:33 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
I know a Carlton supporter whose old man was mad Collingwood. They don’t talk much

I had a mixed marriage, my first wife was Carlscum and she attempted to brainwash my then 4 and 6 year old kids. I calmly told them that because their mum very rarely attended games, if they wished to attend AFL games with me, they had to be magpie supporters🤔 That was it, Magpies for life😀

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:21 am

Lazza wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:

I had a mixed marriage, my first wife was Carlscum and she attempted to brainwash my then 4 and 6 year old kids.
I calmly told them that because their mum very rarely attended games, if they wished to attend AFL games with me, they had to be magpie supporters🤔 That was it, Magpies for life😀

Bro Laz - the master child psychologist added to his resume - tick!

But those "mixed marriages" aren't as uncommon as you'd think.

At least half a dozen in our circle of friends, where one is Carlscum, and the other a pie. Not to imply that they were all fanatical like us and went most weeks back in the day, but that's simply where their allegiances were.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:54 am

piedys wrote:

His father is a football coach. Either you have it or you don’t.
Abdul The Bull 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:59 am

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
Phillips, Hoskin-Elliott and Thomas should all be encouraged to explore their options while Cox should be another if we can land an upgrade.

WHE has had a bad year. So next year he'll have a good year. You don't trade a player on the basis of one bad year. You trade a player on the basis of one good year. The difference between WHE and Phillips is WHE has no basic flaws or weaknesses in his game. Therefore as a club you do whatever you can to return him into making a valuable contribution to the club. Phillips is different. The basis of Phillip's game is that he runs harder and longer than his opponent. That killed him off in 2020 in the shortened quarters. If that's the only bow you have in your game you have serious problems. I didn't think Phillips had a good 2019 season either. His game has been found out if you're not a penetrating kick, you're not fast off a standing start and you're not overly clean with the ball when you get it. Phillips had a great 2018. He was good in the grand final. That's it. I'd trade whatever I could get for him.

^ This. Precisely.

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:06 am

What if shortened quarters continue next season? It killed Phillips’s best asset when he played this year, his ability to keep running in red time 25-30 minutes.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: