Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Problems that need to be fixed.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:21 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Miyagi wrote:
I didn’t see Ed playing tonight, and he doesn’t select the teams. How the **** is it his fault? The players let the club down tonight, pure and simple. That dropped mark by Cameron and the shank by JDG in the first qtr should have been goals and would have evened the score. THAT is why we lost tonight, just bad efforts from the players. Let’s face it, Geelong had more to play for tonight (Ablett and revenge) and we didn’t prepare for it.

Agree, the players must accept responsiblity for this ignominious capitulation. But so must the coaches. So must the entire club. It is as clear as daylight that we basked in the glory of last week, sending complacent texts to Kane Cornes, and indulging in self-satisfied slaps on the back while Geelong prepared with minimal communication to the media, silently refining their plans.
Not JUST bad efforts from the players. A bad effort from everyone (except Ed, i don't hold him specifically responsible for tonight)

tbaker 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:23 am

Geek wrote:
And yes this was a tough season for us. It was a tough season for everyone, including the 6 teams that finished above us this year.

Not exactly: not as tough for Port, Brisbane and West Coast: they each had far fewer hostile away games, plus far more true home games (= hostile for the opposition). They were the big winners from the fixture this year (as well as Adelaide, Gold Coast, Fremantle but which just weren't good enough to take advantage)

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:31 am

tbaker wrote:
Geek wrote:
And yes this was a tough season for us. It was a tough season for everyone, including the 6 teams that finished above us this year.

Not exactly: not as tough for Port, Brisbane and West Coast: they each had far fewer hostile away games, plus far more true home games (= hostile for the opposition). They were the big winners from the fixture this year (as well as Adelaide, Gold Coast, Fremantle but which just weren't good enough to take advantage)

But you should be comparing us with Vic Clubs:
Geelong, Richmond, St Kilda, Western Bulldos all superior in both their position on the ladder and their finals performances

Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:37 am

tbaker wrote:
Geek wrote:

You think it was easy for those teams?
tbaker 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:42 am

Geek wrote:
tbaker wrote:
Geek wrote:

You think it was easy for those teams?

Certainly easier than for the Vic/NSW teams! As mentioned, and factually correct, they had true home games (hostile positive) and fewer away (hostile negative) games...

tbaker 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:47 am

Magpietothemax wrote:
tbaker wrote:
Geek wrote:

But you should be comparing us with Vic Clubs:
Geelong, Richmond, St Kilda, Western Bulldos all superior in both their position on the ladder and their finals performances

No, my comment was in response to a comment about the 6 teams above us, which included Port, Bris, WCE.
And no, Dogs (certainly not!) and Saints finals performances were not superior than ours - maybe Saints were on a par but they did have a vastly easier finals opponent (and venue) last week...

23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:48 am
Post subject: Throw out the dead woodReply with quote

Told ya folks with the coaching panel we have and half the players we have we ain’t going anywhere but down a must needed clean out is required I said this at the start of the season we ain’t going anywhere I’m telling ya
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:06 am

The only thing that worked this year was the backline.
But you can't win on just defense.
Need to fix the midfield and forwards.
Geelong had contempt for our midfield.
It decided that they could easily beat us without Paddy in the middle.
So he was used as a forward.
We need to trade or recruit mids.
We need a KFP.
We have Darcy Moore who was recruited as a forward.
Use him there or in the ruck.
Can't afford the luxury of using him down back.
JT, The pig, Reid, Varcoe, and a few others needs to go
WHE can't be used as a forward and needs to go back or out the door.
If grundy can't do the job then bring up Cox as a ruck.
Change him with Moore.
Pendles needs to move forward along with Sidey.
Remember when Daicos late in his career moved forward he kicked a bag.
We need to get the last drops of footy from both these dudes.
They are too old to continue as key mids.
I would also move Checkers back.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:25 pm

Buckley's press conference revealed this:

Quote:
The Magpies ... need to improve all over the ground - apart from defence – the coach said.

"I know key forward is an area, but we still need to replenish our midfield and find a wave of guys that are going to come through there.

"That might be a target area.

"Outside run, high forwards and wingers might be an area we have to look at."

https://www.afl.com.au/news/516297/pies-primed-for-aggressive-trade-period-de-goey-s-monetary-delay
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:26 pm

We have outside run in Treloar but we use him at the coalface!

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
derkd 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:15 am
Post subject: The heart of Collingwoods problems..no quick fixReply with quote

I know a few of us already have raised alarm bells at Buckley's post game press conference notably the line: "we are going to hit the trade table hard to fix our problems" I am paraphrasing Nathan thier but it ws words to that effect.

Huge mistake in my view...we have to rebuild via the draft and it might take a couple of years. I know this means maybe Pendles won't see our next premiership...a shame but maybe a necessary evil.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/4-points-three-steps-back-it-s-time-for-the-pies-to-reset-20201011-p5642i.html

Micheal Gleason article in the Age today (link above) sums up my thoughts too.

Buckley agreed the Magpies needed a few more players pretty much everywhere except in defence . Troublingly, he appeared to cast doubt on whether the draft would offer them the answers they needed.

Hopefully this was not what he meant, for Port is a modern exemplar of a targeted draft approac
h.

We have tried the trade table approach, and for the most part all we have achieved is over paying for under preforming players.

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:19 am

Draft can be a box of chocolates though, you never know if you’ll get Lindt, Koko Black, or Melbourne Show Bag no-brand chocolate. So many top ten have ended up disappointing, and so many bottom 40-60 have been superstars. There’s an unknown. Kayle Kirby, could have been a Pickett-like superstar, but who knew he had a heart condition that would end his career before it barely started? Who knew James Hird would be a premiership superstar at pick 79? I just don’t put trust in the draft anymore.
derkd 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:28 am

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Draft can be a box of chocolates though, you never know if you’ll get Lindt, Koko Black, or Melbourne Show Bag no-brand chocolate. So many top ten have ended up disappointing, and so many bottom 40-60 have been superstars. There’s an unknown. Kayle Kirby, could have been a Pickett-like superstar, but who knew he had a heart condition that would end his career before it barely started? Who knew James Hird would be a premiership superstar at pick 79? I just don’t put trust in the draft anymore.

The science has come a long way since Hird was drafted....if thatcws today he would be a top.5 pick with the draft combines etc.Your right for every diamond thier is a rock. That is why you notice when sides hit the draft table now they do it with multiple top end picks.if your going to do it go hard. Trade De Goey we could have three picks inside the top 20..add that to next years haul of a guaranteed top 5 pick in young Diacos...and I think we can have a good foundation...ghe list we have right now..just isn't going to work..too many flaws.

23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:37 am

Get rid of eddie is a start. It all starts with ed.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:40 am

I agree. It's the third year in a row that he hasn't had a touch in a big final.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: