Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Problems that need to be fixed.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:29 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Monco Matt wrote:
2010 premiership midfield
- Jolly
- Swan
- Pendlebury
- Daisy Thomas
- Beams
- Sidebottom
- Ball
- Didak
- Wellingham

2020 SF midfield
- Grundy
- Pendlebury
- Adams
- Treloar

I think I see the problem.

What about 1990 midfield, you wouldn’t mess with those guys.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:36 pm

ON the upside we do have some good kids, like IQ, Kelly, and Ruscoe will be good, the two Browns are still young, Josh Daicos, and they say his brother is even better than him. Moore and Grundy still relatively young. Get to the draft and recruit more kids, use our first pick, pick 11?, on a young CHF, if we can get too one.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:44 pm

Be ruthless and delist those that need to go.

Recruit players who can take us to the next level. It's clear that we need a KPF and gut running mid.

I want NB out but that ain't gonna happen

I want his assistants out (sando and harvey) but that ain't gonna happen either

I want kim jong ed to go (ain't gonna happen)

I want a decent skills coach, ruck coach and forward coach cos our disposal is pathetic

Decision making is appalling

I want a winning game plan but that left and went to freo

Leadership change. It's time for an overhaul. Sidearseclown running around half naked and drunk as a sailor is a disgrace.

Sort out the beams contract asap and be done with him. Currently has 2 years to go on a contract to sit at home and do oil painting. How lovely.

We have a lot of tough decisions to make to make us better inside and out but we've never really been a club capable of doing that.
lihei Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:47 pm

WarrenerraW wrote:
Be ruthless and delist those that need to go.

Recruit players who can take us to the next level. It's clear that we need a KPF and gut running mid.

I want NB out but that ain't gonna happen

I want his assistants out (sando and harvey) but that ain't gonna happen either

I want kim jong ed to go (ain't gonna happen)

I want a decent skills coach, ruck coach and forward coach cos our disposal is pathetic

Decision making is appalling

I want a winning game plan but that left and went to freo

Leadership change. It's time for an overhaul. Sidearseclown running around half naked and drunk as a sailor is a disgrace.

Sort out the beams contract asap and be done with him. Currently has 2 years to go on a contract to sit at home and do oil painting. How lovely.

We have a lot of tough decisions to make to make us better inside and out but we've never really been a club capable of doing that.
Good call on Beams. That whole episode just sums the club right up.
lihei Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:48 pm

Hiss wrote:
We have a poor culture and no ability to take the next steps to have ultimate grand final success. We will continue to rot and linger like a poor old horse that will be remembered as an ‘also ran’. We are stale and arrogant. A club with no respect for its supporters. No social club and that corporate corpse of a HQ says it all . No soul. We lost that when we left Victoria Park for the modern corporate culture. Just look where all that has got Australia today. Collingwood is now a tragedy. We have become like other Melbourne based Clubs like Carlton, Essendon, Melbourne, St Kilda. To lose by this margin in a semi final is unacceptable. How much are we paying some of these millionaire footy types? Ever seen any poor AFL players? Fed up with Collingwood under the rich mans culture that has delivered poverty for us fans . Oh and wait for the biggest joke of 2020! They will be sending membership renewals out soon without any guarantee that you can get to sit in your seats next year I bet.
👏🏻👏🏻⚫️⚪️
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:50 pm

^^^^^^
Collingwood under the rich mans culture that has delivered poverty for us fans .
Yep
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:53 pm

I didn’t see Ed playing tonight, and he doesn’t select the teams. How the **** is it his fault? The players let the club down tonight, pure and simple. That dropped mark by Cameron and the shank by JDG in the first qtr should have been goals and would have evened the score. THAT is why we lost tonight, just bad efforts from the players. Let’s face it, Geelong had more to play for tonight (Ablett and revenge) and we didn’t prepare for it.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:02 pm

I want new assistant coaches, goodbye Harvey and Sanderson. The problem is we don’t know what the AFL will be like next year, further staff cuts, even smaller lists.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:03 pm

It’s far more easier and convenient to blame the coach, president, boot studder and the head trainer’s neighbour than the players if you have an agenda to get the coach sacked. Having that opinion is fine but then you have to deal with others who don’t agree with that solution. I think that “solution” is nuts. When you consider the pitfalls in this haphazard season, it is not a fair assertion to solely blame the coach unless you lack the intelligence to think it through😠
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:08 pm

^^^ the same parrots have been squawking for Bucks and Ed to go for years. “Squawk! Sack Bucks! Sack Ed! Squawk!” Every bloody year since 2010. You’ll note they never post when we’re winning and things are good, they only ever post after a bad loss. Makes me wonder if they’re not opposition supporters trolling us, no one can be that pathological to sack Eddie and Bucks every loss, every season,
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:14 pm

Lazza wrote:
It’s far more easier and convenient to blame the coach, president, boot studder and the head trainer’s neighbour than the players if you have an agenda to get the coach sacked. Having that opinion is fine but then you have to deal with others who don’t agree with that solution. I think that “solution” is nuts. When you consider the pitfalls in this haphazard season, it is not a fair assertion to solely blame the coach unless you lack the intelligence to think it through😠

I understand what you are saying.
But i prefer a Hail Mary pass than a continuation of this.
The treloar deal, the beams deal and the Grundy signing has really upset me.
Ed has been there for 22 years with 1 flag ... not a great record but reasonable.
The midfield is a shocker.
Nothing has been done to address this.
Why oh why wasn't Sier put in tonight.
Probably might not have made a difference.
But given the pathetic nature of our midfield of late.... why fu...king not!!!!
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:25 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
I didn’t see Ed playing tonight, and he doesn’t select the teams. How the **** is it his fault? The players let the club down tonight, pure and simple. That dropped mark by Cameron and the shank by JDG in the first qtr should have been goals and would have evened the score. THAT is why we lost tonight, just bad efforts from the players. Let’s face it, Geelong had more to play for tonight (Ablett and revenge) and we didn’t prepare for it.

True this, bad kicking for goal is bad football, has been for over one hundred years. And, we did not man up, i recall my late Grandma, who saw games back over one hundred yrs ago, " you have to man up and mind ur men, you must pick up and mind loose men" We did not do that once tonight that i can recall, at stages we were like friggin witches hats, no picking up loose opponents, they just ran rampant. THAT is what most disappointed me, the whole game. Shocked

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:38 pm
Post subject: Move Pendles ad Sidey either forward or backwards.Reply with quote

Our midfield is a shocker.
If we are going to get a year or 2 out of Pendles and Sidey then their role has to change. Move forward or Backwards and develop a new midfield either by trading or developing.
Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:03 am

Mr Miyagi wrote:
^^^ the same parrots have been squawking for Bucks and Ed to go for years. “Squawk! Sack Bucks! Sack Ed! Squawk!” Every bloody year since 2010. You’ll note they never post when we’re winning and things are good, they only ever post after a bad loss. Makes me wonder if they’re not opposition supporters trolling us, no one can be that pathological to sack Eddie and Bucks every loss, every season,

Not all of us. I was behind Buckley in 2013 -17.

There's a lot of things not quite right about the Pies at the moment and they will stop us going that extra mile required to get the flag. And on top of that, we aren't even entertaining, which once you strip everything back, is what the club is paid to be.

It's time for a change. I accept that it won't happen this summer. We should honour the last year of Buckley's contract. He's been a champion and it's not for want of effort or intelligence that we fell short.

But we need a rebuild. On and off field.

Advertise the coaching roles. Interview the candidates. Pick the right one. And take it from there. Don't fall for any "get so-and-so" strategies. Do the process properly.

Is it fair to say that Leigh Matthews is the last coach that came to the club through a proper interview process? Even then he was promoted into the head coach role thereafter in unconventional circumstances. Since then, Tony Shaw was gifted the role as former captain. Disaster. Mick was pilfered from WCE and took 11 years to get us over the line. Bucks was given the coaching gig and has failed to get us over the line in 9 years and we appear to be sliding again.

And yes this was a tough season for us. It was a tough season for everyone, including the 6 teams that finished above us this year.

I'd like to see a new president as much as the next person. But I doubt that it will happen. There have been plenty of reasons for people to stand against McGuire and nobody's ever done a realistic campaign. It's a volunteer role. People can't do it for their full time role and good luck getting a horde of contenders to give up their spare time for such a role, thinking that they will keep their marriages and families together.

So I guess we're stuck with him until he's wheeled out as a drooling, enfeebled old man. He will be our Jack Elliott, if he isn't already there.

But there's no reason the head coaching position has to go the same way.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:15 am

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
Adz wrote:
Players like Noble and Q get games after games for nothing

They haven't been too bad this year. It's not them.

Abslutely. IQ and Noble have been fantastic this year, except this game. And they were hardly unique in this respect.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: