Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Heath Shaw

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lutts 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:39 am
Post subject: Re: Heath ShawReply with quote

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Wants to play on in 2021 and finish at a Victorian club. We should get him back and Peter Wright. Then we’d have Shaw, Wright, Brown, Daicos and Moore in the side!

No love for Kelly in your team??
And lets trade for Brandon Starcevich.

Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:44 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Can’t have it unfortunately. Left for a reason and seems to have grown up but is done. My most fond memory is of that smother, we won the game then and there. Thanks Heath, all the best!
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:07 pm

Still burnt from his lack of discipline that led to him being asked to move out from Collingwood. Not convinced that Heater is no longer a risk of getting back into bad habits. Best left alone.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:30 pm

derkd wrote:
Abdul The Bull wrote:
I love Heater. Having said that, these kinds of romantic notions is everything that is wrong with Collingwood. Aside from the fact he was moved on for a reason - a reason that still exists - there's no room for him in our team.

Ask yourself, and answer honestly:
Whom does he replace?
What value would he add? (If there was 'meat on the bone' in terms of potential why have GWS delisted him?)

For me, the answer would be:
Can't see him replacing anyone in our back six
He would add little value and there is no upside - even as a mentor he would be unwelcomed by the current coaching and admin staff, which is why he was moved-on in the first place.

Collingwood (or more importantly their supporters) need to become far more clinical in their attitude and forget these romantic notions. Has Beams taught us nothing!?

Well said Abdul, this club has to focus forwards, not backwards. And certainly not with yesterdays club champions. Yes he WAS a great player..but that time has passed.

No one at the club has owned up to the Beams trade call. Huge mistake that was...these sort of mistakes have to be learned from or we will be stuck in a holding pattern.

Have I missed something ?
I don’t recall Collingwood having actually indicated they are considering bringing him back ?
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:02 pm

^^^^

Yes you have missed something. Heater has stated that he wants to play on. A few here have debated the pro’s and con’s of him returning to Collingwood.

derkd 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:33 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
derkd wrote:
Abdul The Bull wrote:
I love Heater. Having said that, these kinds of romantic notions is everything that is wrong with Collingwood. Aside from the fact he was moved on for a reason - a reason that still exists - there's no room for him in our team.

Ask yourself, and answer honestly:
Whom does he replace?
What value would he add? (If there was 'meat on the bone' in terms of potential why have GWS delisted him?)

For me, the answer would be:
Can't see him replacing anyone in our back six
He would add little value and there is no upside - even as a mentor he would be unwelcomed by the current coaching and admin staff, which is why he was moved-on in the first place.

Collingwood (or more importantly their supporters) need to become far more clinical in their attitude and forget these romantic notions. Has Beams taught us nothing!?

Well said Abdul, this club has to focus forwards, not backwards. And certainly not with yesterdays club champions. Yes he WAS a great player..but that time has passed.

No one at the club has owned up to the Beams trade call. Huge mistake that was...these sort of mistakes have to be learned from or we will be stuck in a holding pattern.

Have I missed something ?
I don’t recall Collingwood having actually indicated they are considering bringing him back ?

In essence, your correct. No word from Collingwood on interest. This is only fan speculation... but no logical argument can be made for his return. Unless he grows to 6"6 and becomes a key forward who can bag 75 goals a year....

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:00 pm

Lutts wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:
Wants to play on in 2021 and finish at a Victorian club. We should get him back and Peter Wright. Then we’d have Shaw, Wright, Brown, Daicos and Moore in the side!

Yep completely forgot about Will!

And as much as I’ll never forget his smother on Nick Riewoldt, I’ll never forget Heater losing the plot (and the final) against Port. Geez Nathan Brown was ready to clock him, never seen him angry like that.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:05 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Lutts wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:

Yep completely forgot about Will!

And as much as I’ll never forget his smother on Nick Riewoldt, I’ll never forget Heater losing the plot (and the final) against Port. Geez Nathan Brown was ready to clock him, never seen him angry like that.

Heath wasn't the only one who lost the plot that day, eg. vision of the coaches box in the last 1/4

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:08 pm

^ Collingwood folklore is a miserable thing.

Looking at that 2013 Elimination Final team, it is surprising we did not lose by 25 goals. Names like Marley Williams, Lachie Keeffe, Sam Dwyer, Brent Macaffer, Paul Seedsman and Josh Thomas hardly indicate, with the benefit of hindsight, a strong team. Add in a failing Alan Didak, a baby Thor (Jolly had done the bulk of the ruck work in 2013 but did not play in the final), Beams off a lengthy injury layoff etc etc and it is plain that was one very average (at best) football team. I remember not paying any attention to the game on the day (a finals first for me) because it was obvious they were going to get flogged. The angst after the event on here was, frankly, out of all proportion to the team's prospects of winning. I doubt that Heater "lost" us the game - a generalised lack of talent will do that for you in a final almost every time - but, in any event, that loss probably just saved us from a more embarrassing flogging by a better team later in the finals.

https://afltables.com/afl/stats/games/2013/041320130907.html

Ultimately, Heater was correct. 2013 Collingwood was a terrible team and it took 5 years to get the Club back to finals. A few days after that inevitable finals exit, Jolly and Dids were told they wouldn't be offered new contracts. Ben Johnson retired, the Thomas who could play went to Carlton, and Heater was traded for Adams.

I suppose we needed the list spaces to bring in Scharenberg, Freeman, White, Karnezis, Armstrong, Marsh and the Future Captain, and to elevate Sam Dwyer from the rookie list.

While we took the universe by storm with our newly acquired guns, Heater went on to play another 152 games for GWS. In that time, he played in 9 finals for GWS - and would have played in at least another 2 if he hadn't hurt his knee in 2018.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:28 pm

Jolly was done (and didn’t get along with key players), Dids was done. Daisy had a dodgy ankle and was struggling. Let’s not go over this again! Also, Dwyer was playing good footy when he was rewarded. Blair overtook him though. Heater deserved getting told to leave and not let the door hit his ass on the way out. He admitted as much when he started playing good footy again at GWS, it was a wake up call. I remember Rhys said the same when he went to Sydney and suddenly no one gave a shit who his old man was aand he had to actually earn a spot through hard work.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:37 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Dennis Cometti can recommend Heath as a Librarian, at any local Library.

Laughing Laughing Well said Piesnchess.
Good luck to Heater for whatever is to come.
Shall never forget his librarian moment or him throttling that Port player in the goal square - the two extremes of Heath Shaw Smile

P P , mate it was Riewoltd in the second GF, thats Heaths finest moment. Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:39 pm

I'm not "going over this again". I'm just pointing out that Heater was one of a few really great footballers left in a reasonably awful football team. The criticism that he needed to "reform" is rubbish. He left the building and promptly starred for his new club and played a further 152 games for them, despite them having recruited most of the best talent in the country through the draft. GWS traded us their 10th-best midfielder (don't make me go through the list) for our best defender. Let's not pretend they didn't fall over themselves to get him.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:49 pm

Oh for sure, I wish he’d stayed, but I don’t think the teammates he pissed off were as forgiving.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:54 pm

No I think it was a Bucks blow up looking for someone to blame other than himself, same old story..
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:14 pm

Nope, definitely a few angry teammates who’d had enough. Remember it wasn’t his first incident.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6   

Jump to: