Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Commitment Certificate

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pebbles Rocks 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:33 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

burnsy17 wrote:
I’d give you my certificate and pin but I chucked them in the bin when thy arrived a month ago!

What a waste of resource and a total pisstake they were!

Lighten up fella. Life is much easier to get through when you don't get angry about stuff like this.

88MPH 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:46 pm

^^^^
He’s got a point though. It’s very very poor by the Club.

In my opinion the reason why it has upset a lot of people is that it is yet another example of the Club taking its membership base for granted and paying lip service to the “Our members are the most important part of our whole club” nonsense that they often trot out. It feels very much like “give ‘em this it’ll keep ‘em quiet for a while”.

This general attitude to the membership base has been brought about by the fact that the Club knows no matter what they do, we’ll keep turning up and paying for our memberships without too much fuss. Most of us find it very difficult to criticise something that we have loved for so long, and our loyalty is expressed through our passion for our team. Increasingly however that passion is being eroded by the indifference shown to so many of us by the Club. Whilst that might have happened in patches previously, many are heartedly sick of it and are finding it hard to look past it.

There is mounting evidence that many members have had enough.

Big T 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:10 am

I canned mine when after many years of being a social club member despite living overseas, I missed one year after an especially hard time. Renewed the following year and the card says one year member. Argued with the club, no change. Following year I didn't renew. They begged and offered this that and the other. Told em to get fcked. Totally treated with disdain.

We have been dead since leaving Victoria Park. It's all about the rich corporates.

burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:58 pm

Pebbles Rocks wrote:
burnsy17 wrote:
I’d give you my certificate and pin but I chucked them in the bin when thy arrived a month ago!

What a waste of resource and a total pisstake they were!

Lighten up fella. Life is much easier to get through when you don't get angry about stuff like this.

Angry? Hardly.... just making the point that those pins and certificates were a waste of money and club resource.

Anyone who actually values those pissy excuses for a reward are very easily pleased.

As I mentioned earlier, might be worthwhile asking members from other clubs what they got..... you’ll be surprised.

Also, some guy at the club basically told me that other clubs have to put effort into these sorts of things because they need to retain members. Make of that what you will when it comes to determining what Collingwood think of their member base.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:36 pm

AnthonyC wrote:
Finally got ours yesterday, 10 days after auto-renewing for next year!

Received mine on Wednesday.

Nice to have some acknowledgment from the club that we stuck with them this year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: