Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Who Would Win? 2010 Premiership Side vs 2018 Runners Up

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who would win?
96%
 96%  [ 25 ]
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 26

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:31 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

qldmagpie67 wrote:
mattdally wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
2010 by miles for a simple reason
2 words
Tom Langdon
Which ever 2010 forward played on him would kick 4 and give off another 3 which is what happened when he lost us the 2018 GF

This...
I watched the 2018 GF last night (don't ask why - I went to be depressed)
Langdon cost us big time. Vardy took a cheap mark (which he converted) in the 4th qtr after we led by 2 goals. Let's not talk about their first goal when he didn't rush the point. And the effort on the wing when Ryan took the mark before kicking to Sheed. So many poor defensive errors.

The 1st goal he cost us when we were all over them in the first term killed our momentum. All he had to do was knock it 3 inches over the line and he couldn’t even do that. In the second he left his man to go to a contest and didn’t make it ball spilled over the back his man kicked a goal
In the 3rd term he was left standing when his man run off he finally realised started chasing his man gave it off to a team who’s opponent left his man to cover for Langdon and bang a wash goal
That Vardy goal really hurt then the icing on the cake laying on the ground and hands the ball to he man standing up who kicks it into the pocket which ended up being he winning goal
How people think Langdon played even half decent is beyond me but I guess we all see thing’s differently

You guys are crazy. I just watched the extended highlights from the game, and I counted one desperate, potentially goal-saving smother from Langdon (see 11:20 of the first video) and at least three massive intercept marks deep in defence. Compared to that, focusing on the failure to rush a behind in the first – something he was clearly trying to do but was knocked out of the way before he could get a hand on it – and being outmarked by Vardy in a pack (something that will happen to even the best defenders every single game) is real tunnel vision. (I can't speak to the other examples you mention, but it looks to me like you had your mind made up before rewatching the game and are only on the lookout for his mistakes.)

First half highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjpkoceoJig
Second half highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbV6CcHGY1s

Last edited by David on Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
mattdally 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:43 pm

True - we possibly judged him harshly.
To be honest Treloar's kick forward (the one McGovern marked) without looking to handball to WHE running past was more costly.

WHE was running into 50 and would have either kicked a goal or handballed to DeGoey as McGovern had already committed.
K 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:45 pm

mattdally wrote:
To be honest Treloar's kick forward (the one McGovern marked) without looking to handball to WHE running past was more costly.

Could you make out what the centre bounce free against Grundy in Q4 after the JdG goal was for?

If you believe in momentum killers, that was one.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:47 pm

mattdally wrote:

WHE was running into 50 and would have either kicked a goal or handballed to DeGoey as McGovern had already committed.

Exactly! Plenty of players made mistakes, just as they will every game (particularly in the high-pressure atmosphere of a grand final); easy to focus on one and not the others. For me, Langdon was one of the ones who stood up that day, and his great efforts far outweighed his errors.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:16 pm

David wrote:
mattdally wrote:

Exactly! Plenty of players made mistakes, just as they will every game (particularly in the high-pressure atmosphere of a grand final); easy to focus on one and not the others. For me, Langdon was one of the ones who stood up that day, and his great efforts far outweighed his errors.

David all players can make errors and do but the timing of Langdon’s errors were critical and ultimately changed the course of the game
The error is term 1 when he was unable to rush the behind through changed the complete momentum we had
If that’s a behind the way we were moving the ball we likely get it to the other end with a opportunity to score again. Instead it goes to the centre bounce they win the clearance and a goal comes again
Before the Langdon error we led by 29 4 minutes later it’s 17 and our momentum gone and west coast on a high
Fast forward to the last term 4 minutes to go Langdon gives away a free on the wing. He has the ball instead of holding it getting to his feet giving his team mates time to get back he hands the ball to an opponent whilst he’s still on his ass on the ground they go bang Maynard is blocked Sheed marks kicks the winning goal
No matter how you want to colour it Langdon’s performance was poor
The key responsibilities of a defender is to STOP GOALS BEING SCORED
Sidey was equally as poor and there were others who made errors
Go watch the game again and you will clearly see Langdon didn’t take contested pack marks saving goals he didn’t take intercept marks he took marks from hacked kicks forward where he was standing in a zone set up by coaching not his ability to read play
Had he been out marked by darling or Kennedy I could live with it he was out marked by bigger opponent’s who he shouldn’t have been playing on than our injuries had forced it that way
I was in Sydney that weekend having already brought tickets to the NRL grand final and spent the day watching the game with the Sydney Collingwood supporters at the General feeling in the room after this game was one of how did we lose that and wft was Langdon thinking and doing
Mate we can agree to disagree but there is no way in the world I’ll even change my opinion on his performance and what it cost us
mattdally 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:56 pm

Watching the replay I still couldn’t believe we lost it. We dominated the last qtr. just couldn’t get that last goal. Cox had a chance. WHE’s kick was touched and Adams kicked it out on the full from 12 metres out direct in front. Was never our day.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:54 am

For me it was treloars flotting kick into mcgoverns lap that cost us. He crapped himself and rushed the kick. Should have waited and chipped it across to i think it was pendles who was there. That would have soaked up some time and with pendles would have sized it up run on and maybe hit a target deep in our forward 50 as Cox was on his own too.

To me we were cooked after the first half. As we slowed up eagles took over with their control chip chip control it was annoying to watch.

Last quarter could not get our hands on it at all. We were dead ducks by then.

Fast forward to 2020 and we are back playing ala 2013-2017.

BTW 2010 will easy beat the 2018 line up as said 2010 they won the flag 2018 did not.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:03 am

What pisses me off 2018 gf is that collingwood were the best team on the day only for the last 1-2 mins. Lead at every break.

To me 2018 gf was a choke.

2011 gf we were injury ravaged too much and limped in the gf besides we won the flag in 2010 so it soften the blow.

2013-2017 of BS 2018 would have been nice to win it but blew it. Now we are back to square one again we have gone a full circle.

I want 2020 done with to be honest.

2021 need a clean out.

Look we arent getting any where with buckley as coach it aint happening it aint working never has.

Time to get a vision for once.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:46 am

We get it dude🙄 We really do🙄 You want Bucks gone. You don’t have to hijack every thread to force your views onto us. Some of us don’t agree with your view so get over it. We all have the right to express different opinions.
mattdally 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:33 pm

Exactly. Well said. Buckley didn't cause Howe, Pendles, DeGoey, Sier, Sidebottom and Beams to miss games this season or last season.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:30 pm

From experience you cannot talk logic to the Buckley haters. They are not rational thinkers. They avoid discussing both sides of any issue. Being stuck on one point of view makes them irrational.
I have always stated that I’m happy to debate this issue if and when realistic and suitable alternative coaches who are available are named. Until then, this is a silly exercise with a not so well hidden agenda and ulterior motive to disrupt the club on the eve of a final. Really nasty stuff that I doubt any actual Collingwood supporter would engage in. So pull your head in Buckley haters and show some decency in waiting for the end of our season🤬

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:24 pm

So you'll happy engage with people at 10pm on Saturday night?

The biggest problem in a normal year is you cannot wait till the season is over to look at the coach as the best available options are often already being lined up for new gigs, you need to get in first.

This year I don't think anyone has been sacked yet?

But the fact remains Buckley is coming to the end of his 9th season in charge and in 8 of them the team has gone backwards. Is one improvement and 8 seasons of regression really the sign of a good coach?

Is one fluke grand final appearance where the coach and the team choked really worth saving him?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: