Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Who Would Win? 2010 Premiership Side vs 2018 Runners Up

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who would win?
96%
 96%  [ 25 ]
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 26

Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:56 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

2010 easily. No way could NCB work out how to beat the 'press' we had going in one match. It took teams (except for Geelong) a few years to crack.
Sicks Bux Sagittarius

Hal 2003-2019

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:02 pm

By 2018 the side-by-side strategy had been worked out. So maybe the 2018 team might win.🤔
K 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:30 pm

All of the 2010 Collingwood, Geelong, St. Kilda (and possibly more) teams would destroy every team from 2016-20, including the putrid premiers.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:59 pm

It’s a good conversation and I agree like everyone else that 2010 would find a wAy to get it done.
The thing that’s changed the most in the last 10 years is the dramatic increase in pressure intensity. In reality, the 2010 team would have never been exposed to today’s level of all around the ground pressure back then. Conversely, the 2018 team would have never played in a finals game where they would have been exposed to such little pressure. That makes a huge difference to your skill execution.
On class across all parts of the ground, 2010 gets the nod but I’m also suggesting the game would be a lot closer than some think. ( I’m also adding Moore, Dunn and Elliot into that 2018 team )
Lazza 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:07 pm

Error
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:50 pm

derkd wrote:
LOL as Stephen Hawkins would argue that Pendles and Sidey playing on themselves would cause the universe to collapse in on itself. Laughing Laughing Laughing

They would also null themselves out of the game as they both know how the other would play. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Well, there’s one resolution to this dilemma: Sidebottom + Sidebottom = Bottom

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:59 pm

2010 by miles for a simple reason
2 words
Tom Langdon
Which ever 2010 forward played on him would kick 4 and give off another 3 which is what happened when he lost us the 2018 GF
npalm 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:41 am

Putting everything else aside, the 2010 team was clearly superior in terms of player ability.

As good as Maynard, Crisp & Howe are, the 2018 backline (Maynard, Langdon, Crisp, Howe, Goldsack, Varcoe, Aish) is not as good as the 2010 version (Maxwell, Brown, Toovey, O'Brien, Reid, Shaw, Johnson).
Especially when you consider that the 2018 backline lacks a single KPP.
Imagine if we have had Nathan Brown (or Presti) and Ben Reid (in his prime) to stand Kennedy and Darling.

The midfield comparison is no contest.
The 2010 midfield (Jolly, Pendlebury, Thomas, Swan, Ball, Beams, Wellingham) is simply outstanding.
Even with Grundy at his best the 2018 midfield (Grundy, Adams, Sidebottom, Treloar, Pendlebury, Phillips, Sier) is good but not as good.

Likewise the forward line comparison is clear cut. The 2010 version: Cloke, Didak , Davis, Sidebottom, Blair, Macaffer, L Brown
The 2018 version: Hoskin-Elliott, Mihocek, De Goey, Thomas, Cox, Stephenson, Mayne

Put the 2010 side into the 2018 Grand Final and we would have beaten the Eagles by at least 3 goals.

mattdally 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:39 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
2 words
Tom Langdon
Which ever 2010 forward played on him would kick 4 and give off another 3 which is what happened when he lost us the 2018 GF

This...
I watched the 2018 GF last night (don't ask why - I went to be depressed)
Langdon cost us big time. Vardy took a cheap mark (which he converted) in the 4th qtr after we led by 2 goals. Let's not talk about their first goal when he didn't rush the point. And the effort on the wing when Ryan took the mark before kicking to Sheed. So many poor defensive errors.
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:54 pm

Don’t know how you could put yourself through it. The memories are bad enough. Those Langdon issues. From memory Adams gifting a goal too through a miskick coming out of defence. The Yeo goal after the Woodward incident.
Bread and butter collingwood grand final.

I have to change the channel if I even see an ad with the Sheed goal.

23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:06 pm

2010 easy at least they won the flag. To me 2018 was a massive flop come GF day. And that 2018 GF lose has cost us to the very day.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:08 pm

mattdally wrote:

This......I watched the 2018 GF last night (don't ask why - I went to be depressed)
Langdon cost us big time. Vardy took a cheap mark (which he converted) in the 4th qtr after we led by 2 goals. Let's not talk about their first goal when he didn't rush the point. And the effort on the wing when Ryan took the mark before kicking to Sheed. So many poor defensive errors.

You are a better man than for watching it because I still can’t. However I’d like to hear your opinion on the Maynard free kick that wasn’t paid to him in the last quarter. How did you see it?

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:59 pm

mattdally wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
2 words
Tom Langdon

This...
I watched the 2018 GF last night (don't ask why - I went to be depressed)

The 1st goal he cost us when we were all over them in the first term killed our momentum. All he had to do was knock it 3 inches over the line and he couldn’t even do that. In the second he left his man to go to a contest and didn’t make it ball spilled over the back his man kicked a goal
In the 3rd term he was left standing when his man run off he finally realised started chasing his man gave it off to a team who’s opponent left his man to cover for Langdon and bang a wash goal
That Vardy goal really hurt then the icing on the cake laying on the ground and hands the ball to he man standing up who kicks it into the pocket which ended up being he winning goal
How people think Langdon played even half decent is beyond me but I guess we all see thing’s differently
mattdally 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:18 pm

Lazza wrote:
mattdally wrote:

This......I watched the 2018 GF last night (don't ask why - I went to be depressed)

You are a better man than for watching it because I still can’t. However I’d like to hear your opinion on the Maynard free kick that wasn’t paid to him in the last quarter. How did you see it?

I think it could have been paid, but it was 50/50. I am still dirty that we kicked it backwards when we had the ball on the wing 2 mins earlier.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:23 pm

mattdally wrote:
Lazza wrote:
mattdally wrote:

I think it could have been paid, but it was 50/50. I am still dirty that we kicked it backwards when we had the ball on the wing 2 mins earlier.

I've never watched the game since I left the G that day, but you can't avoid seeing the Sheed goal over and over and over again, saw something the other day which showed the passage from the McGovern mark to the Sheed goal.

IMO as an experienced umpire, I wouldn't pay the free kick, it was technically there but in a grand final you let those go or your paying hundreds.

The biggest mistake was Sheed played on and watching it again the other night, it was as clear as day, he took 3-4 steps and then changed his mind, sorry but that's play on every day of the week
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: