Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Speculation about players who could be up for trade.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:47 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

^ ^^

Just as a hypothetical, I think any trade that was to include Stephenson would be a substantial return coming back.
As a 19 year old, he kicked over 40 goals and played in a G F. In 2019 he was also going pretty well until the betting stupidity. On field, he’s really only had one bad year out of three. You don’t lose your ability overnight, particularly when you’re only twenty two but you can lose your way.

If the club see his form decline as a blip on the radar, and they will know, he won’t be going anywhere. If the issue is something more ingrained, we may hear his name come up amongst all the other trade whispers. Then its about whether another club believes they have the environment to bring him back to his best. If they do, they will certainly pay for it because no one would entertain him on the back of his 2020 form in the first place.

Back on track, as for trading Moore and DeGoey, that’s also a “ no “ from me.
One just made the A A team in a key position after getting his body right for the first time.
The other only has to get his body right and we would either improve our mid field issues immediately or alternatively, improve ( not solve ) our forward line issues overnight. Pick your poison.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:19 pm

masoncox wrote:
We are too attached at Collingwood.

You are probably right but that’s what happens when you are a loyal, passionate supporter, and not a fair weather fan. I still remember the grief I went through when Phil Carman left😮

masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:20 pm

Lazza wrote:
masoncox wrote:

You are probably right but that’s what happens when you are a loyal, passionate supporter, and not a fair weather fan. I still remember the grief I went through when Phil Carman left😮

Phil Carmen, Greening and my all time favorite Rene Kink......could have been 3 of the greatest players ever.
One was unhinged, one got king hit and the other was uncommitted.
The 70's didn't quite work out from us.
We were bookended by a flag we should have won to the other end where we got a truly blind ump.
derkd 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:20 pm

David wrote:
Sadly, I can see the case for trading Mihocek, particularly if we're planning to get someone like Gunston or Brown in. Phillips, too. They tick the boxes of players who might be in high demand at other clubs but who may be expendable here.

Stephenson, on the other hand, probably wouldn't have a lot of cache after a year like this, so we wouldn't even get much for him. We'd be much better off sticking with him and helping him to rediscover the form that made him such a brilliant forward in his first year.

Losing Moore or De Goey would be catastrophic, needless to say, and should be avoided at all costs.

The club would be crazy to let Moore go....very very few clubs have a gun key deffender in thier ranks and he is one of a kind with speed and attacking flare ..they are super hard to find. DeGoey is more easily replaced. I would trade Grundy even before Moore. The club needs to bend on his contract. If he goes we might as well throw in the towel and go for a total rebuild.

derkd 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:56 pm

Call it a gut feeling (i had the same feeling when Beams went Brisbane and I was one of the few on here who called it early).

I am calling it now...I think Stephenson will be at another club next year. I just have a feeling he is not happy and that something has broken down between he and the club.

His body language even after he kicked that goal against Port was not positive. He just does not look happy.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:30 pm

[quote="masoncox"]
Lazza wrote:
masoncox wrote:

Phil Carmen, Greening and my all time favorite Rene Kink......could have been 3 of the greatest players ever.
One was unhinged, one got king hit and the other was uncommitted.
The 70's didn't quite work out from us.
We were bookended by a flag we should have won to the other end where we got a truly blind ump.

We were crucified in the late 70’s and the early 80’s. In addition to the one you mentioned, I will go to my grave knowing that Anthony Rocca’s “point” was indeed a goal. From where I was sitting right on the very back row in the Southern stand, I followed the ball’s trajectory perfectly and it was definitely a goal and it was definitely a despicable act of blatant cheating by the goal is umpire. I have always hoped that karma is a bitch for that bent bastard.

Last edited by Lazza on Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:35 pm

^^^^^
I look forward to the day ( probably not in my lifetime ) where we jag a flag because the ump stuffed up.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:35 pm

derkd wrote:
His body language even after he kicked that goal against Port was not positive. He just does not look happy.

Agree fully. As long as Collingwood don’t get screwed in the deal, I wouldn’t be against him leaving. We can only do so much with an immature kid who needs to grow up and truly appreciate the value and honour of playing AFL footy with Collingwood.

masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:37 pm

^^^^
So what would we get for him Lazza?????
If he was shopped around.
Boogie Knights 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:39 pm

^^^ Could not agree more Lazza. Was a very clear goal and all at and on the ground that day know it, including the goal umpire.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:44 pm

masoncox wrote:
^^^^

Fabulous question. Purely speculative, I’d love Cameron, or Ben Brown and their first draft pick, or Joe Daniher and 2 second round draft picks. Happy with that.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:48 pm

Boogie Knights wrote:
^^^ Could not agree more Lazza. Was a very clear goal and all at and on the ground that day know it, including the goal umpire.

I still cringe whenever I think about it BK. It was a diabolical decision taken knowingly and intentionally. A mongrel act if ever I’ve seen one.

derkd 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:57 pm

Lazza wrote:
masoncox wrote:
^^^^

Fabulous question. Purely speculative, I’d love Cameron, or Ben Brown and their first draft pick, or Joe Daniher and 2 second round draft picks. Happy with that.

With his baggage we would not get close to that. A pick around 10 is more realistic. Somewhere between pick 10 and 14.

Unless a few teams come hard for him...which could happen...Carlton I think would be very interested..also North so in this instance we might be able to get a pick closer to top 5. That would be a very good return

woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:08 pm

Not once in the last few weeks has anyone said:

"damn we are really missing Phillips"
"cant wait for phillips to be back...is he ready for finals?"

I think he will hold value to other clubs that want his run, and can hide his lack of disposal skill.
derkd 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:16 pm

[quote="derkd"]
Lazza wrote:
masoncox wrote:
^^^^

With his past issues we would not get close to that. A pick around 10 is more realistic. Somewhere between pick 10 and 14.

Unless a few teams come hard for him...which could happen...Carlton I think would be very interested (having missed on Papley)..also North so in this instance we might be able to get a pick closer to top 5. That would be a very good return.

At his best I would keep him. I just worry he is not happy at the Pies..and if that is the case he might need a change of scene.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: