Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Eagles. Elimination Final.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sicks Bux Sagittarius

Hal 2003-2019

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:03 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Just listened to the guys on ABC Grandstand. It came as no surprise to hear that they all think West Coast are going to win. However they all assumed that McGovern and Kennedy are going to play. I thought McGovern definitely wasn't go to play and I'm hoping that Kennedy doesn't play even though I think he is likely to.

Another point they agreed on was that Nic Nat is going to smash Grundy at the centre bounces. However everyone, except McClure, thought that Grundy would win around the ground in his customary 'fourth midfielder role' I'm not so sure about that because Grundy doesn't seem to be getting around the ground that well lately.

Finally they discussed Liam Ryan and suggested that Maynard should play on him and that someone should remind him that the AA selectors snubbed him and picked Ryan in the hope that it might inspire Maynard to 'take his scalp.'

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:41 pm

Sicks Bux wrote:
Just listened to the guys on ABC Grandstand. It came as no surprise to hear that they all think West Coast are going to win. However they all assumed that McGovern and Kennedy are going to play. I thought McGovern definitely wasn't go to play and I'm hoping that Kennedy doesn't play even though I think he is likely to.

Another point they agreed on was that Nic Nat is going to smash Grundy at the centre bounces. However everyone, except McClure, thought that Grundy would win around the ground in his customary 'fourth midfielder role' I'm not so sure about that because Grundy doesn't seem to be getting around the ground that well lately.

Finally they discussed Liam Ryan and suggested that Maynard should play on him and that someone should remind him that the AA selectors snubbed him and picked Ryan in the hope that it might inspire Maynard to 'take his scalp.'

That shister McGovern will play, he played us for suckers prior to the GF, if the bastard had one leg amputated, hed still play, as will Kennedy. Rolling Eyes

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:56 pm

They will only miss Yeo from their best 22. Might be the first post Covid 100 pt drubbing.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:01 am

Can’t see us winning by quite that much.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:54 am

Unfortunately, today’s game is all structures. Which means not too many moves out of the ordinary will be considered, because too many links in the chain won’t know their role in this highly clinical, process-driven sport we have had to endure. The chain breaks down in just one area of the ground, and goals the other way come quick and fast. It’s boring, it brings about anxiety as a fan due to nearly all goals kicked from turnovers, and it means no amount of guts, grit, heart, determination, etc. matter. It simply doesn’t matter. West Coast is far superior than Collingwood. We have lost 5 of our past 6 vs them. It does not matter if we ‘flick’ a switch. Defences these days are too good. Goals will come from two-way running and turnovers. Well, we know we like to cough up easy goals through lazy skills, and we know we don’t like to move the ball with any speed. Unfortunately, this means I see a loss in excess of 50 points, and our list flipped-the-F-upside-down to try and make the most of the final years of our ageing stars.

Last edited by Raw Hammer on Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:58 am

^wont happen. Won’t make any more than 5 changes imo, couple of ages list cloggers will go but that’s it.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:26 am

Eagles by 34 points
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:22 pm

The game will be won or lost in the midfield. While Nit Nat should easily win the hitouts, Grundy must become a monster ruck rover, throwing his body around to open up pathways for Pendles, Adams and Treloar. If we can at least hold our own in the midfield we can win the game. We have a great defence and De Goey, Cox and Mihocek are all capable of kicking multiple goals.

Pies by 8 points.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:56 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
The game will be won or lost in the midfield. While Nit Nat should easily win the hitouts, Grundy must become a monster ruck rover, throwing his body around to open up pathways for Pendles, Adams and Treloar. If we can at least hold our own in the midfield we can win the game. We have a great defence and De Goey, Cox and Mihocek are all capable of kicking multiple goals.

Pies by 8 points.

Modern football is all about ball movement. We could lose every single midfield confrontation and still win the game. The Nazis won every single battle engagement against the Russians in WWII and still lost the war. It's all about absorbing punishment, preventing decimation in the back line and moving the ball into the forward line and kicking the goals necessary to win the game. The first part we're good at. We have one of the best back lines in the league. We absorb punishment well and move the ball back from defense. The second bit we're bad at. We don't make position well against good defenders and don't move the ball fast enough back into attack to make the defenders pay. If we had younger players with faster legs we could beat WCE but with players like Varcoe who doesn't make position and players like Greenwood and Thomas who WCE are going to exploit because of their lack of pace, I don't think we're going to win.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:26 pm

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
I don't think we're going to win.

Unfortunately you make perfect sense. I reluctantly agree with you🙁

K 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:06 pm

... I don't think we're going to win.

Don't think! Do! Wink
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:48 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

Pies by 8 points.

Modern football is all about ball movement. We could lose every single midfield confrontation and still win the game. The Nazis won every single battle engagement against the Russians in WWII and still lost the war. It's all about absorbing punishment, preventing decimation in the back line and moving the ball into the forward line and kicking the goals necessary to win the game. The first part we're good at. We have one of the best back lines in the league. We absorb punishment well and move the ball back from defense. The second bit we're bad at. We don't make position well against good defenders and don't move the ball fast enough back into attack to make the defenders pay. If we had younger players with faster legs we could beat WCE but with players like Varcoe who doesn't make position and players like Greenwood and Thomas who WCE are going to exploit because of their lack of pace, I don't think we're going to win.

I like it! That damn bird's nest can be our Battle of Stalingrad! [erm didn't the Russkies win that one...] Anyway, I hope Bucks isn't afraid to rotate Grundy and Cox through the middle for ball ups. Coxy seems angrier the last month and his holding his own better, he's going to need to be up and about against the pushing/holding of Barass though. And rotate De Goey through the middle as well. How this game goes down could well determine Buckley's future as coach, one way or another. His look in the coaches box late last game reminded me of Malthouse in 2011.

think better 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:52 pm

Any way we can get Cox's parents out for the game - he seems to excel when they are at the ground
derkd 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:00 pm

Anyone expecting something amazing from Grundy are dreaming...he can hardly get off the ground. Blind freedy can see he has been carrying some form of injury all year
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:35 pm

Haff wrote:
They will only miss Yeo from their best 22. Might be the first post Covid 100 pt drubbing.

Your inane pessimism, is incredible, ur the type of person who would whinge if they lost five dollars, but then found fifty, you would still complain. Rolling Eyes

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 9 of 23   

Jump to: