Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Eagles. Elimination Final.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Abdul The Bull 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:20 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite the compelling evidence to the contrary, I am always bemused by those that think we will just turn around our fortunes because it's finals time. And those same people imply that, although Collingwood are capable of such transformations, other teams are exempt from the same luxury.

We are too soft in the middle and will be 'nutted' at centre clearances - to use our coach's vernacular. Our forward structures are far too predictable and a quality team defense like WCE have will shut us down with ease. Our own defense will stand up well but the sheer weight of numbers from the repeat centre clearances and forward 50 entries will be telling in the end.
WCE by plenty.

BTW isn't it amazing that WCE can get all their injured back in contention and Collingwood never do? Collingwood have an uncanny ability to turn a slight nick (1-2 week injury) into a 6-8 week drama.

Do I sound jaded and cynical - you betcha. Something's gotta change... Rolling Eyes

didick 

didick

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:22 am

^100%
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:33 am

Piesnchess wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:
I think we can win this game if a few of their stars do not play. Yeo is out for sure and there is a question on Kennedy, McGovern, Shuey, Jetta & Redden.
They are some critical players. If most of these guys are out and those that play are under done then we can cause a boil over. It comes down to this in my opinion. We'll give an honest account of ourselves, it's about how strong their lineup is.

Pies by 3 points.

True, u make some good points, Kennedy and McGovern are pretty old players now, getting on, father time may help us out a bit.
At end of the day, if we are not fired up and revved up for this Final, we never will be, all we want is for us too tear into these arrogant turds, and give it our very best shot. Thats all we ask for. Exclamation

Kennedy and McGovern are pretty old players?

Kennedy kicked what, the biggest single goal haul of the season against us, in their score of was 18.3?

McGovern didn't even play against us earlier this year, nor did it matter as the ball scarcely came inside F50 after 1/4-time.
Remember that description of McGovern in the media after the 2018GF: Like a big brown bear waiting downstream in defense, picking off the marks like he was scooping salmon out of a river....

So what has changed?

Having Yeo out might assist us, as he simply helped himself last time.

The most likely outcome will be WCE will kick away to a 4-5 goal lead by half time; any system we have will fall to pieces from exhaustion trying to haul in that deficit, whilst they chip the ball around protecting space, running down the clock, crimping the odd fumbled turn-over goal to blow the margin out, and basically saving their energy for the next week's knockout SF.

This EF will tell us a lot about who wants to retained for 2021

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:36 am

I normally am a glass half full guy, but in all honesty I can't seem to generate much excitement about our prospects in this game. While there's always a chance that we'll come good and win this game, right now it's hard to imagine .

The problem is we have too many players down on form. At our best we can beat anyone, but for most of this crazy season Grundy has been ordinary (by his previous high standards), Stephenson has been embarrassingly timid, Cox has played only 1 good game, Thomas has hardly fired a shot all year and Mihocek has not been the same since his concussion. For some reason also, I can't recall a game all year when Pendles, Treloar and Adams have played well together. We need all 3 of these to fire together.

Our only hope is that the week's rest enables us to freshen up, re-focus and hit the Eagles hard with everything we've got. Forget about new game plans or sweeping changes to our team - what we need is confidence, enthusiasm, team spirit and full on aggression. In particular, this needs to be led by Grundy, up against Natanui. The only team change I'm hoping for is the return of Sier. To my mind, we are currently missing a big bodied midfielder and he is the only one on our list capable of impacting the game in our favour.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:02 pm

The best way to predict the future is to look at the past.
We can dare to dream, and I expect them to give it a red hot crack, but we're done.
Raef Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:04 pm

My view is that our poor performance's are largely due to fumbling a very slippery ball at key moments. Based on this, my theory is that we were happy to travel to WA to get away from the dewey conditions of the Gabba.

Our skills will improve in the dryer conditions in WA and we will win.

Then by the time we return to the Gabba, the October winds that J Brown has been banging on about will dry out the Gabba and we will continue to our way to the flag.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:12 pm

Yeah..........................Nah😣 Love your positive attitude and unbridled optimism but in all honesty I can’t see this happening. We are just not gelling together as a team. We’ll get close but no cigar 👎🏾

Last edited by Lazza on Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
alexjvillani Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:14 pm

Plus 0-11 clearances in favour of Port on Monday (2nd half), now switch that with Nic Nat and their midfield... good lord it's gonna be a long night.
mattdally 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:16 pm

I think the opposite.
Dry conditions will only expose our lack of skill. Our only chance to remain competitive will be if the ball is wet and slippery.

They tore us a new one last time in perfect conditions. Bring on the dew.
derkd 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:27 pm

Our effort will be first rate, our disposal poor, we will lose in a close match. Well that save me a few hours of watching Very Happy
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:30 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
“FOUR-TIME All-Australian Jeremy McGovern is firming to play in West Coast's elimination final against Collingwood as his recovery from a hamstring injury runs ahead of schedule.

Captain Luke Shuey will return to face the Pies after sustaining a double hamstring blow against Essendon in round 15.

Forward Jamie Cripps will be available to play after returning to Perth for the birth of his first child after the round 14 loss to Richmond on the Gold Coast.

Jack Redden (fractured thumb) is likely to be fit to play, while Mark Hutchings (hamstring) and Lewis Jetta (calf) are making cases to return from injury.

Gun forward Josh Kennedy enjoyed a light session on Wednesday but is expected to be fit to play after suffering an ankle complaint against North Melbourne last week.”

You’ve just got to laugh, yeah? Or cry. Probably cry.

Don't worry. They are being rushed back. Some of them won't truly be fit. Remember, this is an elimination final for them as well, so they are desperately trying to get all their stars back in.

And yet, we would never test their injuries like McGovern's ribs in 2018, 'cause we're soft like that...
What I'd do for a Banks or a Millane in the side right about now!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:37 pm

As per usual with us, everything will depend upon which Collingwood shows up: Jekyll or Hyde! I'm not confident we will win - far from it, and everything is set up for the wee girls to piss on our faces once again.

A home final, star players all set to return, decent form and a game plan and structures superior to ours. We will need a miracle to defeat them. Nothing about the way we've played recently suggests we're good enough and NB's hot potato handball happy game plan is not the key to victory.

Our defence is solid but against the likes of darling and kennedy we'll struggle. Our mids are good but over use it and cough it up time and time again. Simply put, if we resort to over use of the football then we're done for. It doesn't work and we'll just turn the ball over and play into their hands. But if we reduce the handball to kick ratio and take them on then we're a chance. That and improve our decision making and precision by hand and foot.

Our mids need to be solid and we need to win or break even in the centre clearances. Not sure how you close down nic nat but we need to find a way. Grundy as good as he is need to tap to our advantage and be ruthless.

Our delivery going forward has been shocking to say the least. Time and time again we see the ball sail over the heads of our forwards, fall short or spray wide of the mark. That's not good enough and will not win you finals, especially against the best opposition.

Literally everything needs to go right for us and some luck come our way. I want to see a ruthless Collingwood throw caution to the wind and take the game on at all costs. To not turn it over or over use the ball. Unfortunately this isn't NB's style. We're too nice and plain. Time to step up and get nasty Pies. I'm always hopeful. Go Pies!!
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:30 pm

Raef wrote:
My view is that our poor performance's are largely due to fumbling a very slippery ball at key moments. Based on this, my theory is that we were happy to travel to WA to get away from the dewey conditions of the Gabba.

Our skills will improve in the dryer conditions in WA and we will win.

Then by the time we return to the Gabba, the October winds that J Brown has been banging on about will dry out the Gabba and we will continue to our way to the flag.

Alastair Lynch mentioned during the game at the Gabba against Port that there was no dew.
Troppo 

standing on VB tins in the outer at Vic Park

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:31 pm

WarrenerraW wrote:

... everything is set up for the wee girls to piss on our faces once again.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh, the imagery ... (Urinal Heap playing quietly in the background)

Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:00 pm

Ha. Another smacking coming up. Then we will keep Beams on the list, make some minor who cares changes to our list, waste our first round pick and be shit again next year then do it all again
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 5 of 23   

Jump to: