Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Eagles. Elimination Final.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:16 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Great can we get Medhurst out of retirement and place Josh Thomas there?

www.facebook/the hybernators
alexjvillani Pisces

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:29 pm

If we don't lose by 10 goals I'll be surprised. It'll be Collingwood in front early then Kennedy, Darling and Jetta bag the next 12.

Eagles by 40

INs - Kelly, Mayne and Ruscoe
Outs - Stevo, JT, Varcoe

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:57 pm

alexjvillani wrote:
If we don't lose by 10 goals I'll be surprised. It'll be Collingwood in front early then Kennedy, Darling and Jetta bag the next 12.

Eagles by 40

Outs - Stevo, JT, Varcoe

I would prefer to lose like that, than by less than a goal

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:58 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
“FOUR-TIME All-Australian Jeremy McGovern is firming to play in West Coast's elimination final against Collingwood as his recovery from a hamstring injury runs ahead of schedule.

Captain Luke Shuey will return to face the Pies after sustaining a double hamstring blow against Essendon in round 15.

Forward Jamie Cripps will be available to play after returning to Perth for the birth of his first child after the round 14 loss to Richmond on the Gold Coast.

Jack Redden (fractured thumb) is likely to be fit to play, while Mark Hutchings (hamstring) and Lewis Jetta (calf) are making cases to return from injury.

Gun forward Josh Kennedy enjoyed a light session on Wednesday but is expected to be fit to play after suffering an ankle complaint against North Melbourne last week.”

You’ve just got to laugh, yeah? Or cry. Probably cry.

Don't worry. They are being rushed back. Some of them won't truly be fit. Remember, this is an elimination final for them as well, so they are desperately trying to get all their stars back in.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:12 pm

We need Mayne in I think. He has performed well in finals in a negating role.
We also need to roll the dice. I want to see Ruscoe in with Stepho. I want to see these two boys combine in F50.
Sier comes in to give us another bull (apart from tay) through the guts.
they are rushing their stars back, because this is an elimination final for them as well. There is a chance that they are not quite right. That always hangs over the WCE heads.
Kennedy etc are only a threat if our midfield gets destroyed. If we have Sier, and JDG as a second guy to rotate through at times, we are equipped in the midfield.
Throw Cox to contest the centre bounces, and see how Nic Nat goes against his height. Grundy to play around the field. and Cox to roam the ground a little. Planting him at FF does not work against the Eagles. We need our F50 to vary like a chameleon. Cox, JDG, Stepho, Billie, WHE, to change up. Stepho should be instructed to never go beyond the F50 arc. He stays absolutely at all times in F50.
Above all, kick the ball at every opportunity. Seize territory as the priority. We need to focus on that. It is a risk. Could easily open us up. But could also create a run on, and confidence breeds confidence. we know that if we just play our usual game, they will smash us. What do we have to lose??

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:15 pm

Sicks Bux wrote:
Wonder if Stevo will play? He had some awful moments against Port.

Has to play.

Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:44 am

It is a disgrace we finished eighth and if we lose this Elimination final this season must be regarded as a total failure. If would be a clear sign we are going backwards as a Club and have no depth . I pray to our Lord that I am wrong and we win. If I am right then some of the fans on here that never criticise any loss should have their memberships transferred to the Hawks.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:56 am

Hiss wrote:
It is a disgrace we finished eighth and if we lose this Elimination final this season must be regarded as a total failure. If would be a clear sign we are going backwards as a Club and have no depth . I pray to our Lord that I am wrong and we win. If I am right then some of the fans on here that never criticise any loss should have their memberships transferred to the Hawks.

Name those who you think should have their memberships transferred to the hawks.

Sicks Bux Sagittarius

Hal 2003-2019

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:09 am

alexjvillani wrote:

Eagles by 40

Outs - Stevo, JT, Varcoe

Port only beat us by 16 points. I can't see West Coast thrashing us. I know they did earlier in the year but we were missing more players then.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:18 am

Magpietothemax wrote:
alexjvillani wrote:

Eagles by 40

Outs - Stevo, JT, Varcoe

I would prefer to lose like that, than by less than a goal

Not by 40, but yeah 20 or something. Last years prelim and the GF the year before still haunt me. And the draw against Richmond that was so bullshit and has helped caused this, ugh, no thanks.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:18 am

Course, I’d prefer to win!
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:36 am

Sicks Bux wrote:
alexjvillani wrote:

Eagles by 40

Outs - Stevo, JT, Varcoe

Port only beat us by 16 points. I can't see West Coast thrashing us. I know they did earlier in the year but we were missing more players then.

The Port loss by 16 points was a thrashing. Think about this, we kicked 7 goals for the match. At that rate, even if we played another quarter of football and kept Port scoreless, we still would have lost.

We would have needed a a quarter and a half of extra football to be played, and hold Port scoreless in that time, to win the game.

That's a thrashing in these new low scoring times.
Sicks Bux Sagittarius

Hal 2003-2019

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:40 am

Nah. Teams are winning by a lot more than that. 16 points isn't even close to the ceiling of winning margins.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:57 am

Just in response to media reports in the last couple of days about what's wrong with Collingwood, the problem isn't to do with handballing. If you go to training they do a lot of hand balling drills. We base our game around possession and handballing to a better position. We also do a lot of switching to the opposite side of the ground. We only kick the ball backwards when we can't find a better position. The better sides like Port Adelaide have been covering our movement down the ground, hence the ball is being held up before it gets to our forward line and all the forwards are covered before it gets to them.

Look at our forward line. Cox has had eye issues. Mihocek isn't given enough opportunities. Stevo and Callum Brown have been losing form because they're being starved of opportunities and WHE and Elliot have been gaining possessions further up the ground. De Goey has been injured and when he's fit and firing he spends time in the centre.

Quick movement into the forward line would resolve our forward line issues. Unfortunately we either have players at the end of their careers like Varcoe, Reid, Mayne and Greenwood who can't get to the ball any more, or we have players like Phillips, Scharenberg, Thomas and Wills who are too one paced and slow to contribute much.

The rest of the team are fine and coming into form at the right end of the season. Unfortunately against a team like Port Adelaide if you don't have everybody firing, you're not going to beat them. I'm expecting a similar result against WCE who have the best midfield and ruck in the competition. We won't be able to cover their mids without Sidey being there and we don't have anyone to bring in. Wills and Sier won't help us and bringing back Ruscoe won't help. We wasted valuable time this season not putting more games into Tyler Brown, Rantall and Bianco and instead played loyal warriors in Varcoe, Reid, Dunn and Greenwood who should have been put out to pasture at the end of last season. It doesn't help when you have the Beams issue lingering over our team and our vice captain stuffed up at the start of the season, but these things happen with any team.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:13 am

Well, do they? Which other teams have last year’s supposed star recruit forging ahead with an artistic career?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 4 of 23   

Jump to: