Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Eagles. Elimination Final.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fatui Attata 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:40 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

From "In the Mix" ....yesterday.....for those wondering why Darcy Cameron has been picked..... unless your imagination serves you with better judgment....

Darcy Cameron
"Kicked a bag of goals across a couple of reserves matches. A chance to come in if we want to play with three talls again."

tbaker 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:38 am

Raw Hammer wrote:
That Hawthorn game when Kelly, Atu and IQ all played, that was the SINGLE reason I tuned in to watch that night. New blood, youth, new faces, new hope...

And as predictable as we knew, Bucks would turn back to Reid, Varcoe, Thomas ... in the ensuing weeks, culminating in this vanilla squad for our final.

Boring.

Kelly: season ending injury; not Buck's choice
Atu: played the week after against Cats, was quiet; then late replacement for Pendles against WCE where he didn't fire a shot; frankly, didn't deserve to hold his spot
IQ: has been a mainstay in our side for the back half of the season, except for those games missed due to the injury

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:43 am

tbaker wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
That Hawthorn game when Kelly, Atu and IQ all played, that was the SINGLE reason I tuned in to watch that night. New blood, youth, new faces, new hope...

And as predictable as we knew, Bucks would turn back to Reid, Varcoe, Thomas ... in the ensuing weeks, culminating in this vanilla squad for our final.

Boring.

Kelly: season ending injury; not Buck's choice
Atu: played the week after against Cats, was quiet; then late replacement for Pendles against WCE where he didn't fire a shot; frankly, didn't deserve to hold his spot
IQ: has been a mainstay in our side for the back half of the season, except for those games missed due to the injury

You miss my point. We had Ruscoe, Bianco, Atu, to still use /trial the second half of the season, and we revered back to the ‘old’ guard, with a 50:50 record an average scores of 57. Yay!

I like JT, but WT actual F has he done to deserve selection EVERY WEEK? WHE too.

I think it’s hilarious that we’ve selected Mayne and Cameron ... two slow as treacle players, after watching Port, Brisbane and Richmond run like the wind.

tbaker 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:44 am

melliot wrote:
I know Mayne is a good soldier. And not overly critical of his selection. But I do feel playing Browns to get finals experience is important. It may not be our year, but could be used for building a team.

Disagree...we play the side most likely to win, not feed games to players that perhaps aren't ready for the finals intensity that will come. To do such is conceding ground to the opposition - our club firmly believes we can win this...we shall see...

tbaker 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:51 am

Raw Hammer wrote:
I think it’s hilarious that we’ve selected Mayne and Cameron ... two slow as treacle players, after watching Port, Brisbane and Richmond run like the wind.

I too am unsure about the selection of Cameron, but Mayne is as tough as nails - just the type of player you need in finals, which tend to be of a higher intensity and more combative. Mayne is also a proven finals performer - just what we need - my only concern would be if he's come back too early and may hold back from going in hard which is where he is most valuable for us. But if he's right to go, then he's a certain in for me.

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:35 am

Surprised at Cameron although he did kick 2 against the Weagles last time... mind you we all remember how that ended
Rick Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:37 am

Thank God the Storm are on tonight. Something worth watching instead of a 10 goal drubbing.

Don’t expect anything adventurous, exciting or new about what the Pies do tonight.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:40 am

The road ahead becomes a little clearer tho I do have questions some one may be able to answer on week three (Prelims)

We know Geelong is week two and for Saints/Dogs they get Tigers in week two

Who do we get if we make Prelim. Port or Brisbane?????

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:37 am

^ Brisbane

You can predict the combinations here: https://www.afl.com.au/ladder?Competition=1&CompSeason=20&GameWeeks=444&ShowBettingOdds=1&Live=0#predictor/19
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23
Page 23 of 23   

Jump to: