Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Eagles. Elimination Final.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 21, 22, 23  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magpiefan3 Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:27 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Piesnchess wrote:
Well now, the Tigger Train getting derailed by the Lions, sure sets the cat among the pigeons, dont it ? Get over Wet Toast, and we are back in business, good and proper. !

If we had finished 6th or 7th we would have been playing St Kilda and then the winner playing against Richmond!

2017-2019 Player Sponsor for Lynden Dunn
derkd 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:27 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
Embarrassing.

So Cameron ain’t good enough for the last God knows how many weeks, and Varcoe is (for whatever reasons), but come finals, THIS is the team to win the hardest mission in the AFL?

Riiiiiiiiiiight.

How freakin’ Nathan Buckley a call this is. How vanilla. How beige. How boring.

Laughable.

Our tall forwards in Mihocek / Cox / Grundy is a laughing stock. No disrespect, they have value in their own right. But THAT’S an AFL tall forward line? An AFL FINALS tall forward line? Spare me. I’m sure WCE are shaking in their boots.

Sadly, we don't have many forward options. Yep probably is grasping at straws...but we are ranked 13th in the comp for scoreing...going in with that same forward set-up from the Port game would be equall madness.

This is what happens when the club doesn't get a key forward...you hve to build a makeshift forward line. Look at the top 4..all have key forward targets.

masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:29 pm

The thing to take out of port and lions winning.
Absolute passion in winning ball and moving it forward and NOT BACKWARDS!!!!!!
David Libra

I dare you to try

Magpiefan3 wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Well now, the Tigger Train getting derailed by the Lions, sure sets the cat among the pigeons, dont it ? Get over Wet Toast, and we are back in business, good and proper. !

If we had finished 6th or 7th we would have been playing St Kilda and then the winner playing against Richmond!

Still rather that than travelling to Perth to play West Coast. But that is a silver lining.

derkd 

Magpiefan3 wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Yep..if we have turned up against freo...or showed more guts against GWS....or Essendon...who knows. We are where we are, and where we deserve.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:38 pm

Well, Charlie Cameron when interviewed post game just said: “We play the winner out of West Coast and Geelong.”

If our players need any more ammunition and motivation than this kind of disrespect, then I don’t know how to make them tick.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:40 pm

Well Charlie Cameron doesn't think we'll prevail. In an interview after the Lion's great win, he said he was looking forward to playing the winner of West Coast and Geelong!!!! Smile

Re Cameron's selection - mind boggling! Grundy must be carrying an injury is all I can come up with to justify it, or perhaps his main role will be to drag McGovern or Barass away from the play? He surely can't be expected to actually kick goals!!!!
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:41 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
Well, Charlie Cameron when interviewed post game just said: “We play the winner out of West Coast and Geelong.”

If our players need any more ammunition and motivation than this kind of disrespect, then I don’t know how to make them tick.

Laughing Laughing Great minds and all that RH!!!!
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:47 pm

I had given up on this game.

His comments have never made me want to win a game so badly before.

Win for spite. Works for me.

C’mon. A win for the ages! Please!

melliot 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:52 pm

I know Mayne is a good soldier. And not overly critical of his selection. But I do feel playing Browns to get finals experience is important. It may not be our year, but could be used for building a team.

Cameron inclusion is baffling. We'll watch the ball bounce out of F50 like a trampoline.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:58 pm

I don’t understand the lineup. When the ball hits the ground in our forward line who of Cameron, Cox and Mihocek has the speed to apply forward line pressure?

Still wiser heads than mine have made the decision.

I’ll still be barracking like hell but don’t expect to win.

DT 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:12 am

Very good selections. We have had massive problems with McGovern and West Coast dominating aerially. And now NicNat is in top form with Grundy only about 70%. Cameron solves this problem by providing another marking option and lets Cox stay at home.

Mayne is a hard head and will take on WCE well.

T Brown is still not quite there but will be good in time.

Varcoe in my view is finished

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:17 am

Wet Toast are a tall side, big team, hence our selections i guess, tho i still would have dropped Thomas for Ruscoe, look what youthful enthusiasm did for the Lions and Port !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:21 am

masoncox wrote:

AND playing enthusiastic young kids, it breathes life into a team, thats why i want young Ruscoe and Kelly into this side, soon as possible. To add to Daicos, and our other younger players. Idea

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:36 am

Piesnchess wrote:
masoncox wrote:

AND playing enthusiastic young kids, it breathes life into a team, thats why i want young Ruscoe and Kelly into this side, soon as possible. To add to Daicos, and our other younger players. Idea

That Hawthorn game when Kelly, Atu and IQ all played, that was the SINGLE reason I tuned in to watch that night. New blood, youth, new faces, new hope...

And as predictable as we knew, Bucks would turn back to Reid, Varcoe, Thomas ... in the ensuing weeks, culminating in this vanilla squad for our final.

Boring.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 22 of 23   

Jump to: