Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Eagles. Elimination Final.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:51 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Lazza wrote:
I wouldn’t read anything into Burnsie leaving hawthorn because I have heard from many a source over the years that Clarkson is a c___ to get along with. Burns will be treated with utmost respect at Collingwood, something Clarkson is incapable of doing.

Nothing wrong with Burnsie. Coaches are leaving because of budget cuts due to Coronavirus. Matthew Boyd though is the one we need to keep.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:58 pm

melliot wrote:
Don't like the extra ruck/tall. We beat WCE with speed. Not height. I give us less chance, if that is the team. If we had a chance. Hope its a stooge for the to WCE to set up for our tall forward line. Then we go with a late change and go small.

Also would have liked more youth to get finals experience. Cos likelihood is we will get eliminated. So need to get something from it all would be good.

Totally agree. However it's too late now to be introducing youth into the team. We should have been doing that during the season. Just a total waste playing players like Varcoe, Reid, Greenwood and Dunn during the season. Keane, and Tyler Brown should have played more games and Rantall and Bianco should have been given games.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:08 pm

Not happy with the selections we/ve made. I wanted Sier to come in. We've removed a mid, and replaced him with Cameron. Why? I seem to remember that we have already tried Cameron, Checkers, Cox and Grundy all in the one team, and it hadn;t worked. I am concerned about how our midfield is going to get the ball forward out of centre clearances now... We must be intending to play JDG in the middle. Obviously we are trying some new strategy to counteract Nic Nat with this selection.
Not sure that we are going to be able to kick enough goals though with JDG in the middle.
Could we planning for Grundy to play as a big midfielder?? That would have the merit of being very unexpected.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:43 pm

Embarrassing.

So Cameron ain’t good enough for the last God knows how many weeks, and Varcoe is (for whatever reasons), but come finals, THIS is the team to win the hardest mission in the AFL?

Riiiiiiiiiiight.

How freakin’ Nathan Buckley a call this is. How vanilla. How beige. How boring.

Laughable.

Our tall forwards in Mihocek / Cox / Grundy is a laughing stock. No disrespect, they have value in their own right. But THAT’S an AFL tall forward line? An AFL FINALS tall forward line? Spare me. I’m sure WCE are shaking in their boots.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:00 pm

K wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:
Grundy might yet prove to have a Cripps like injury, where he plays the season out and the minute the season is over, he’s booked in for shoulder surgery...
Usually the bandages give it away but Grundy has remained bandage free ( on the visible skin ) for the bulk of the season. What I have noticed is that he has spent a fair bit of the season with one only sock pulled up. What that means, I have no idea.

As a keen watcher of footy fashion (e.g. what are the colours of Darcy's hair and Jamie's boots this week?), I know what it means, P16. Cool

It just means he is not a traditionalist. Traditionalists are a dying breed in the AFL. Traditionalists wear the long socks pulled up. That of course looks much better. Traditionalists in the sock department include Buckley, for example, but he retired 13 years ago. The only traditionalist left in the current Pies team is probably Travis Varcoe. For Geebung, it's only Paddy Dangerfield.

Ruckmen wear one shin guard only, not two. The shin with the guard is covered by the sock pulled up.

If Grundy is injured, as is now widely believed, the injury is probably further north. Maybe he has a groin injury. (Osteitis pubis? But isn't he a bit old for that?) There wouldn't be any bandaging to see then.

Cheers K. Don’t you hate those non traditionalists 😉
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:00 pm

Thomas still in staggers me a bit, Ruscoe for him was logical, really. Not sure bout Cameron, just not sure bout him at all.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:10 pm

Does Bucks even get final say on team selection? I thought it was still the match committee?
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:17 pm

Not too sure whether this is a bluff selection or a horses for courses thing. If he plays so be it. As long as Collingwood win I don’t give a stuff about this selection because it would mean the club was right. If we lose.............😢
derkd 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:18 pm

Lazza wrote:
derkd wrote:
scoobydoo wrote:
Lazza wrote:
I wouldn’t read anything into Burnsie leaving hawthorn because I have heard from many a source over the years that Clarkson is a c___ to get along with. Burns will be treated with utmost respect at Collingwood, something Clarkson is incapable of doing.

That c____, is 4 a time premership coach.
He’s underlings have gone on to coach other
tesms to a premership.

Agreed, Malthouse was abrasive ...won premierships....Sheedy ...abrasive ...won Premerships ....Matthews...the same

In recent times you are right. Surely you are not going to tell me that every single premiership coach was a C___?

They might be nice people off the ground. I have met Matthews and Sheedy both very nice people. As coaches they were hard edged. They knew what they wanted and the drilled sides accordingly.

derkd 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:19 pm

out of interest who are the emergency players?
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:20 pm

Well now, the Tigger Train getting derailed by the Lions, sure sets the cat among the pigeons, dont it ? Get over Wet Toast, and we are back in business, good and proper. !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:23 pm

derkd wrote:

The two Browns, Varcoe and Keane.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

derkd wrote:

Emerg: Tyler Brown, Callum Brown, Travis Varcoe, Mark Keane

The full team, as named, is always in the OP.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

Snap.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:25 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Well now, the Tigger Train getting derailed by the Lions, sure sets the cat among the pigeons, dont it ? Get over Wet Toast, and we are back in business, good and proper. !

Agreed. Tomorrow night is still a steep hill to climb, but win that and we have Geelong W2, Brisbane W3 and maybe Port Adelaide on grand final day at a neutral venue. Things are falling our way a little.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 21 of 23   

Jump to: