Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Eagles. Elimination Final.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:06 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

alexjvillani wrote:
Am I the only one who doesn't rate Sier all that highly? Yeah he has good patches but hasn't provided us with much in the games he's played (which were against Frem, Syd and Adel) he provides muscle yes but that's what Greenwoods there for and if you're worried about pace, they're equally slow.

No, your not the only one.
Bringing in Sier is the equivalent of clutching at straws. Just more dead wood.

scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:21 pm

simon tonna wrote:
alexjvillani wrote:
Am I the only one who doesn't rate Sier all that highly? Yeah he has good patches but hasn't provided us with much in the games he's played (which were against Frem, Syd and Adel) he provides muscle yes but that's what Greenwoods there for and if you're worried about pace, they're equally slow.

Whoever said he’ll be playing?
And why would you be wishing for a quick death?
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:04 am

simon tonna wrote:
alexjvillani wrote:

I don't agree. We need extra bulk in the midfield. Shuey is one big a**hole, you need another big body to let him know he is not the only big a**hole in town.
I was wrong maybe in previous posts...we should keep Levi Greenwood in, and tell him to tag Kelly. That is all you do, Levi. Just run with Kelly and dont care about anything else but negating him. Do a Sidebottom in reverse, in other words.
Pace of our mids is not the main issue. The main issue is the speed of ball movement. If you have enforcers in the centre,then you can seize possession, or at least make it a 50/50 contest, and move the ball forward with speed, provided you are focussed on doing precisely that. If we can stabilise the midfield clearances, we have a chance.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:24 am

Buckley should watch the Jose Mourinho episode of THE PLAYBOOK: A Coach’s Rules For Life on NETFLIX.

That’s all I’ve got.

simon tonna 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:49 am

scoobydoo wrote:
simon tonna wrote:
alexjvillani wrote:

Whoever said he’ll be playing?
And why would you be wishing for a quick death?

Because watching us is painful. We won't be able to flick a switch and change the methodology our players are instinctively doing out there. Our skills are below the standards it takes to play this way. It may work on the training track but in real time and real pressure we failed. Our midfield can't develop their game. We have the guts, lead by Adams. Pendles is our time creating magician. Treloar unfortunately is our third best midfielder and Grundy is the catalyst of all that's gone wrong with his stupid mistakes and energy deficient play book.
This year points to the glaring deficiencies in the playing list. Changes are needed and painting over the cracks won't do it. It starts with a healthy list.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:15 am

K wrote:
Troppo wrote:
My youngest daughter just bought 6 seats online and rang me to say I would be seeing the Pies on Saturday!! We should all be so lucky to have generous daughters like mine.

Or maybe she reckons WC will slaughter the Pies and secretly wants to punish you. Wink

hahahahahaha!!

sorry Troppo, but thats funny,

i hope you have a great time, and get to see us kick their arse! hey, you gotta dream!!

Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:12 pm

Crisp says Pies can win flag from eighth
by Daniel Cherny, 29 Sep 2020

Jack Crisp insists Collingwood can make history by becoming the first team to win the AFL premiership from eighth position.

The Magpies enter October as the lowest-seeded finals team after an indifferent season. Coach Nathan Buckley's team will need to win four games to win the premiership, beginning with Saturday night's elimination final against West Coast at a sold-out Optus Stadium. Capacity for the venue has been capped at 35,000 for the game, the overwhelming majority of whom will be supporting the Eagles.

Only two teams in VFL/AFL history have won the premiership from outside the top four at the end of the home-and-away season. Adelaide finished fifth in 1998, losing their first final before winning three in a row under the old McIntyre final eight system. Under the modern top-eight system in which teams five to eight are knocked out immediately with a single loss, only the Western Bulldogs, who came from seventh to end a 62-year premiership drought in 2016, have managed to defy the odds by winning from outside the top four.

Speaking in Western Australia on Tuesday, Pies defender Crisp said his side had what it took to do what no side has done before.

"Yeah 100 per cent. We've been a really good defensive team all year. At times we have struggled to kick a winning score," Crisp said.

"But if we defend really well and keep opposition to a low score, we've been giving ourselves really good chances all year, and we still feel like we've got a lot of avenues to goal. We've got big Mason [Cox] up forward, we've got Checkers [Brody Mihocek], we've got Jordy [De Goey], we've got 'Stevo' [Jaidyn Stephenson], Will Hoskin-Elliott. A lot of different avenues, we've just got to make sure we get it there cleanly and give them the best opportunity to kick some goals.

"We don't want any excuses. We feel like we can hold up really well against the top teams."

Among the biggest threats for the Pies this week is acrobatic West Coast forward Liam Ryan, who was last week named an All-Australian for the first time.

"As everybody would know it's a great challenge. He hits up very well. He'll get back and block for [Josh] Kennedy and [Jack] Darling so they can run at it and then he'll also try and take another mark of the week or mark of the year or whatever it is. We've got some great defenders. Brayden Maynard might get [that] job, it could be 'Q' [Isaac Quaynor], it could be me at times," Crisp said.

"But we're just going to be looking forward to obviously stopping what they do in terms of coming back and blocking, trying to not let them do what they want to do. We won't be 'caravanned'. We'll try to be aggressive and play as a defensive seven and work together and try to limit their opportunities, so can't wait."

www.brisbanetimes.com.au/sport/afl/crisp-says-pies-can-win-flag-from-eighth-20200929-p560bt.html
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:36 pm

I find these articles amusing😊 Treloar was also quoted as being positive about a win. Hardly surprising isn’t it? I mean, as if they are going to say that they feel certain that Collingwood will be belted😜 Duhh........🙄
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:58 pm

Lazza wrote:
I find these articles amusing😊 Treloar was also quoted as being positive about a win. Hardly surprising isn’t it? I mean, as if they are going to say that they feel certain that Collingwood will be belted😜 Duhh........🙄

And if they can handball forward, to the direction where our goals are, that would be a nice little novelty wouldn't it?

I'm over this kick/handball backward shit; whoever I see attempting this panicked, child like disposal, resulting in turnovers, will be getting a most vicious spray from me on saturday night.

alexjvillani Pisces

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:45 pm

BE SELFISH FOR ONE GAME PLZZZZ Smile No switching the ball... move it forward!
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:57 pm

^^^^^

Yes, yes and yes. Kick, punch, handball, smother forwards. Go forward🦅🦅

Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:57 pm

Thanks Jack. Will believe it when I see it.
derkd 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:08 pm

To be honest, (as bad as this is going to sound) I hope the game is over by half time. Nothing worse then having to watch us lose a close one....of course if the Pies want to show up and blow it out of water before half time...this would be my preference...but we have not won like that in a long time....so if we are going to lose get it out of the way early.
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:26 pm

^ Such defeatism! If we have to end our season on Saturday, I'll take a brave, hard-fought loss every day of the week. Why even watch if you don't think we have a chance of winning?
derkd 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:37 pm

David wrote:
^ Such defeatism! If we have to end our season on Saturday, I'll take a brave, hard-fought loss every day of the week. Why even watch if you don't think we have a chance of winning?

Sorry if I offended David. This season has just crushed all my enthusiasm... i think I just need to off season to recover.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 13 of 23   

Jump to: