Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Eagles. Elimination Final.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Larry 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:47 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea I don’t think it’s great. Spent this morning before they went on sale talking to membership department about it and got nowhere. Don’t understand why they wouldn’t want as many pies there as they can. WC members are using other people’s bar codes.
The extra codes I had, have left 100% with the club and didn’t work.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:55 pm

Quote:
Collingwood:
Collingwood is hopeful Mayne will return from a nasty fractured cheekbone for Saturday night's elimination final against West Coast. However, the likes of Kelly and Phillips are a bit further behind and would be unlikely to play. Expect both Ruscoe and Sier to undergo fitness tests, but Ben Reid won't play after retiring last week. The club has officially put a line through Howe's chances of returning this year due to a knee injury. - Riley Beveridge

West Coast:
McGovern is firming to play on Saturday night in a game that will fall 23 days after the hamstring strain he suffered in round 17. The Eagles are yet to officially give him the green light, but all signs are pointing to him playing. Kennedy enjoyed a light week on the track last week but is expected to play off an ankle injury sustained in the final game of the home and away season. Luke Shuey said he would've been fit to play without the pre-finals bye, while Redden, Jetta and Hutchings are likely to be fit. Jamie Cripps is cherry ripe, having missed the last four games of the season to be in Perth with his pregnant partner who has since given birth. - Mitch Cleary

https://www.afl.com.au/matches/injury-list

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:32 pm

I'm hoping Sier gets a call up as we desperately need some bulk in the midfield, and he is a great extractor by hand.

As much as I'd love to see Stephenson find form against the Eagles, his display against Port was totally insipid and I suspect he needs a whole pre-season to sort himself out and come out firing in 2021. This is no time to be playing anyone down on confidence, playing soft and second-guessing themselves. While he is a prodigious talent, I don't think his head space is where it needs to be to play cut-throat finals football.

Ruscoe's inclusion would mean one of Varcoe, Thomas or Tyler Brown missing out, and I can't see that happening. Still, none of us know what's going on in training.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:44 pm

I have a morbid fascination about Stephensons selection or not this week.
On the one hand, he looms as a real threat if he is started deep but on the other hand, he also looms as the weak link if he is “ asked “ to play up the ground.
On the surface, it sounds easy to play him out of the goal square but would you play anyone the following week after his performance against Port.
If he handles the ball as badly as he did against Port, we will be playing one short wherever he’s hidden. And If he isn’t selected and we lose by a couple of goals, then of course it will be Buckley’s fault.
I think whether he is selected or not, will say a bit about how the club view his future at Collingwood.
I reckon they will back him in and start him deep inside 50.
It’s all about the game within the game.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:06 pm

Looks to me like if we are to have any chance of winning Stephenson would have to play, deep forward, and kick goals. There's no one outside of the team, with the possible exception of Ruscoe, that has shown any ability to score.
Magpiefan3 Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:30 pm

Is it just me but the build up towards the final has been quiet?

2017-2019 Player Sponsor for Lynden Dunn
scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:54 pm

Magpiefan3 wrote:

Very. Wonder if it’s because it’s in another state.
If it wasn’t for Footy Classified you’d nothing about it.
Magpiefan3 Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:00 pm

scoobydoo wrote:
Magpiefan3 wrote:

Also too as well all the other finals as well.

2017-2019 Player Sponsor for Lynden Dunn
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:13 pm

scoobydoo wrote:
Magpiefan3 wrote:

I live in Brisbane and if it wasn't for the local footy I wouldn't have got my usual fix because this hub scenario was melodramatic to put it calmly. The awful and the media have botched this season dramatically. You have more negative momentum toward the state of the game and players and presidents. It's all so drab.
The pies have been shite and it's a culmination of the scheduling, no crowds and injuries. Can't wait till it's over. I'm hoping for a quick death and a serious clean out of the dead wood.

Troppo 

standing on VB tins in the outer at Vic Park

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:02 pm

Larry wrote:

Any other WA based supporters get tickets?
... I don’t think there will be many pies there.

My youngest daughter just bought 6 seats online and rang me to say I would be seeing the Pies on Saturday!! We should all be so lucky to have generous daughters like mine.

My eldest daughter bought me a ticket for the previous game against the Eagles. Now both girls are avid Eagles fans (their mother's influence) but I taught them 'The Song' when they were toddlers, and guess what, they still know the words!!

In a great game, I can see us closing Wet Toast out by 1 point.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:05 pm

Definitely keep Stevo in, he may well fire, how knows ? but Josh Thomas has done zilch for weeks, nothing, young Ruscoe must come in for him, surely, he cant be picked again in a Final, Thomas, near too useless for weeks.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
alexjvillani Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:20 pm

Am I the only one who doesn't rate Sier all that highly? Yeah he has good patches but hasn't provided us with much in the games he's played (which were against Frem, Syd and Adel) he provides muscle yes but that's what Greenwoods there for and if you're worried about pace, they're equally slow.

Last edited by alexjvillani on Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:25 pm

2007 Semi Final Coll vs WC
https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/179484/flashback-extra-time-in-the-2007-semi-final?videoId=179484&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1400731736001

We've done it before over there!

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:30 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
I have a morbid fascination about Stephensons selection or not this week.
On the one hand, he looms as a real threat if he is started deep but on the other hand, he also looms as the weak link if he is “ asked “ to play up the ground.
On the surface, it sounds easy to play him out of the goal square but would you play anyone the following week after his performance against Port.
If he handles the ball as badly as he did against Port, we will be playing one short wherever he’s hidden. And If he isn’t selected and we lose by a couple of goals, then of course it will be Buckley’s fault.
I think whether he is selected or not, will say a bit about how the club view his future at Collingwood.
I reckon they will back him in and start him deep inside 50.
It’s all about the game within the game.

I agree with your second last sentence. They will back him in. The game within the game? That might be an element of it, but if you think about it, they have no choice but to select him. His pace and unpredictable edge will be essential for us to stand a chance.

K 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:34 pm

Troppo wrote:
My youngest daughter just bought 6 seats online and rang me to say I would be seeing the Pies on Saturday!! We should all be so lucky to have generous daughters like mine.

Or maybe she reckons WC will slaughter the Pies and secretly wants to punish you. Wink
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 12 of 23   

Jump to: