Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies lose to Port. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:54 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

What was the point of rucking Grundy all night.
He was getting thrashed time and time again
We had 3 other ruckmen in waiting
Cox Roughy and moore.
Bux is so slow in making any changes.
It was obvious for weeks now that Grundy is really struggling but no plan B for Bux
shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:54 pm

Port going on about their 150th year. God forbid they win the flag that will be their 89th flag in 150 years! Razz
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:55 pm

Just not good enough.We always seem to fall two or three goals short of the better teams.I think we’re carrying way too much deadwood in this team.We get absolutely nothing out of our small forwards and haven’t all year.How many times did you see the ball hit the ground on our forward line and not a Collingwood player in sight?Not one of our players knows how to crumb the ball off the pack,it just kills us week after week.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:56 pm

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
We aren’t far off being a great side once we get rid of the deadwood. Look what Hinkley did. He made big calls on certain players a couple of years ago and now it’s paying off. We played off for a premiership in 2018 and then got reluctant to make those calls thinking we were almost there. It was a big mistake allowing players like Reid, Greenwood and Varcoe to keep going and not trading Phillips and Scharenberg at the end of last season. Ultimately that cooked our fate this season. We’re not dead yet, but we’ve left it too late in the season to play the young guys coming up and we’re stuck with the older guys against WCE. At least we managed to get games into Ruscoe. That will hold us in good stead next year.

I’d like to agree but my view remains that we play 8-10 players every week who aren’t up to the requisite standard.

To be fair, they tried to trade Scharenberg last year but nobody was interested, probably because he was the 12th or 13th defender in selection line for us last year. It’s all very well for people to lament his injuries - and, of course, they won’t have helped - but I remember watching him play VFL before he broke into the senior side and thinking that he seemed too slow for the AFL. Really, how do you get that at pick 6? I don’t know how the guys who make these mistakes remain at the Club.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:57 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

I'm disappointed that De Goey wasn't thrown into the centre, but I guess Bucks was hoping he'd snag a couple of goals for us. Jeez, Stevo looks like he's having a mental breakdown. He's got the world on his shoulders and has lost all confidence.

Hopefully we get Sier back for the Eagles game.

It's just distressing to see Stevo so down. Even kicking a brilliant snap goal couldn't get him to raise a smile.
JDG did play a little higher up the ground in the last quarter.
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:58 pm

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
I bet Bucks 1st words in the presser will be

'Well... we were nutted at the clearances'

Had the same thought; man, we really did cope a pasting in there, Port did well to ID our preferred structures

Last edited by Ronnie McKeowns boots on Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sicks Bux Sagittarius

Hal 2003-2019

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:59 pm

Beaten by a better team on the night.

Did Buckley make any structural changes tonight? I didn't notice any. I thought it would've been worth throwing JDG on to the ball in the second half.

Also the over use of handball, particularly at the centre bounces, hurt us

melliot 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:00 pm

Yer. We gave it a full hearted crack. Two more elite players in Howe and Sidey, would just put that extra class into the team.

But besides miis two elites, we just don't click. Silly errors.

I flipped my lid at Elliot 3 times. Had an opportunity to hack kick inside 50 from centre bounce to 6 on 6. And elected to hsndball to a pressured player and turn it over for a inside 50 for them. Was the turning point in the 3rd when we had the lead. Which summarises us. Over use.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:01 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

I'm disappointed that De Goey wasn't thrown into the centre, but I guess Bucks was hoping he'd snag a couple of goals for us. Jeez, Stevo looks like he's having a mental breakdown. He's got the world on his shoulders and has lost all confidence.

Hopefully we get Sier back for the Eagles game.

It's just distressing to see Stevo so down. Even kicking a brilliant snap goal couldn't get him to raise a smile.
JDG did play a little higher up the ground in the last quarter.

It was touched. Hence his reaction. The umpires thought otherwise.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:01 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
Just not good enough.We always seem to fall two or three goals short of the better teams.I think we’re carrying way too much deadwood in this team.We get absolutely nothing out of our small forwards and haven’t all year.How many times did you see the ball hit the ground on our forward line and not a Collingwood player in sight?Not one of our players knows how to crumb the ball off the pack,it just kills us week after week.

Actually I don;t know that I agree with this. I thought overall our pressure in F50 was not bad, there was always a Collingwood player in sight when the ball hit the ground. Have to give credit where credit is due: PA were there as well and defended brilliantly, much like how we defend. I think the main reason we lost is the ball movement: we don't seem able to match the top sides in their willingness and aggressiveness of ball movement. They open us up more times than we do to them.The other factor is quality of delivery. Their accuracy in delivery was clearly superior to ours.

alexjvillani Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:02 pm

Sicks Bux wrote:
Beaten by a better team on the night.

Did Buckley make any structural changes tonight? I didn't notice any. I thought it would've been worth throwing JDG on to the ball in the second half.

Also the over use of handball, particularly at the centre bounces, hurt us

Same old same old I'm afraid

K 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:02 pm

Presti35 wrote:
Port will go out in straight sets. You heard it here first.

I hope not, unless we miraculously win the flag.
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:03 pm

I thought Brown on the wing did ok
I thought IQ and Noble were excellent,
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:03 pm

There's been two exceptional positives in this horrendous year I reckon - IQ and young Daics.

Last edited by PyreneesPie on Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:05 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

To be fair, they tried to trade Scharenberg last year but nobody was interested, probably because he was the 12th or 13th defender in selection line for us last year. It’s all very well for people to lament his injuries - and, of course, they won’t have helped - but I remember watching him play VFL before he broke into the senior side and thinking that he seemed too slow for the AFL. Really, how do you get that at pick 6? I don’t know how the guys who make these mistakes remain at the Club.

Maybe because he was labelled the best school boy player since Wayne Carey?????
It didn't translate at AFL level because of the injuries you happened to mention.

No, he was hopelessly slow before those injuries.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 4 of 13   

Jump to: