Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Brayden Sier for Orazio Fantasia?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:19 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

uncanny wrote:
We need a bull midfielder too.
Still time for Brayden to come good so no to Orazio trade

+1
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:09 pm

You're kidding. I'd take Fantasia in a heartbeat in an exchange for Sier. As usual we overrate our own players.
ThePieMind 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:02 pm

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
You're kidding. I'd take Fantasia in a heartbeat in an exchange for Sier. As usual we overrate our own players.

Actually you are overeating Fantasia - he's mall, past his best and injury prone.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:28 pm

ThePieMind wrote:
MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:

Actually you are overeating Fantasia - he's mall, past his best and injury prone.

A player who's two years older and played 60 more games than Sier and has 111 goals to Sier's 5 goals.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:45 pm

^ Have look at Fantasia's game by game stats (link below) and, in particular, have a look at when he played his last good one against top opposition. I'm not especially saying that Sier is better but we sure as hell don't need to be recruiting more marginal players for our list.

Fantasia rarely kicks goals against the better teams.

Last year, eg, he kicked one goal over two games against West Coast and one goal over 2 games against GWS. He didn't play against Richmond, Collingwood or Geelong. He kicked 2 goals in an early-season win against Brisbane and 2 goals against Hawthorn. His two "big" performances netted 4 goals against each of North (finished 12th) and Sydney (finished 15th). He kicked 20 goals in 2019 - but kicked 14 of those in a block of 5 and managed 6 goals in his other 10 games.

In 2018, he kicked 20 goals in 13 games - but 9 of those in two matches against North (ninth) and Fremantle (14th). He kicked a goal against two of the top 4 teams (Richmond and Hawthorn) but was goal-less against West Coast and didn't play against Collingwood. Thus, he kicked 9 goals in 2 games and 11 in the other 11 (and no more than 2 in any of those).

In his "best" year so far, 2017, he kicked 39 goals in 20 games. He kicked 1 goal against each of the Grand Finalists and 3 goals and 2 goals against the other top 4 teams. Of his "bags", he kicked 5 against Brisbane (18th), 5 and 4 against us (13th), 4 against Hawthorn (12th) and 4 against North (15th).

More importantly, he has played in 2 finals for a total score of 2 goals and 3 behinds.

Really, you don't want to be recruiting that. The players we need to bring in are players who have the potential to turn it on against the top teams in big finals. His career stats suggest just the opposite.

https://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/O/Orazio_Fantasia.html
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:41 pm

He wants to go home to SA
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:03 pm

I’d rather Adam Saad, rumour he wants out. Quite a few Essendon players
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:40 am

Fantasia for Elliott? Or we can offer Varco, Mayne, Elliott for Fantasia and Daniher
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: