Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies sink Suns. All comments, please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magpies035 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:34 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

We got the job done in the end with DeGoey and Treloar as welcome additions to the side.
The forward connection worked much better this game although not perfect. We can’t just rely on DegGoey to always kick our goals. We had less od going around in circles thus making it crazy for our forwards to attack the incoming ball. There has been a huge disconnect with our forwards all year.

It seems to me Buckley has not been able to solve this problem almost until tonight.

I hope we can have a good showing against Port then finals await us.

My concern is our lack of form or momentum compared to the top 4 sides. If we compete then anything is possible

Let’s wait and see. One week at a time

orie Cancer

A MADPIE FOR LIFE

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:39 pm
Post subject: pies v sunsReply with quote

BazBoy wrote:
Look I know Bruzz stuffed up those two times and yes annoying

But I just love having the guy in a Magpie jumper

I do too .

He didn't seem to handle the slippery conditions well at all and when you are kicking out from defence, it's dynamite
I also question Moore's decision making and kicking too. Last minutes of the game and chooses to ignore a team mate in the clear near the boundary to kick it inboard to a contest which the suns win.
Why? Frustrating part of his game.
Even Madgen had a go at him earlier. There's a player who is growing in his position.
We cannot afford to give away goals.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:50 pm

Far from perfect, but good to secure a finals spot which is a relief. I think the advantage of having the bye benefited us, particularly in the final quarter when the Suns got very tired.

De Goey provided us with some much needed structure up forward. It cannot be understated how important JDG is to our forward line. His addition was probably the difference between us winning or losing tonight. Hopefully the club can have his contract renewed very soon.

Cox was also very good. He actually looked competent in various aspects of his game. He was marking the ball often and providing the ball front and centre for JDG to score goals. I've been very critical of him during the year and still don't think he's the answer long-term, but I appreciate he played well this evening.

Quaynor struggled early on against Sexton, but it was very pleasing to see him work his way into the game in the second half. He's one of the more reliable more ball users we have at the moment.

Just quietly, but I'm starting to appreciate what Madgen brings to the team. He's been a solid contributor, especially with Howe gone for the season. I think he's doing enough at the moment to retain his spot on the list beyond this year.

I don't think we're a serious threat this year, but at least with finals secured for a third season running, we give ourselves a chance to produce a surprise or two in the finals.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:59 pm

K wrote:
Jezza wrote:
Cox's goal in the last quarter was the highlight of the night. I want to see it again.

Here ya go!

https://www.afl.com.au/video/501021/mason-goes-for-a-stroll-and-slots-a-stunner?videoId=501021&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1600082568001

Remember his bounce and goal against Geebung?

Thanks, K.

Yes. It was in round 9 2016.

masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:00 am

I just watched the last quarter and a half.
a fair bit on fast forward.
Tyler Brown will be an A grader in a few years time.
I have no doubt on that'
Only injury stands in his way
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:01 am

Just a relief to get the win really. We looked very good in patches and poor in others. It had the usual brain farts, flashy goals, some up the guts champagne ball movement and plenty of slow as she goes around the boundary stuff. A bit of everything this team has to give tbh.

Getting the GOAT back and firing makes a massive difference, even the big Texan looked up and about with the Pontiff around, taking some nice grabs and slotting a couple. We look a better side with these two in tandum no doubt. Our bottom 6 continue to be an achilles heel. As some have said the names can change week to week but our bottom 6 really do let us down and most likely will cost us in the end. That and horrible defensive turnovers that result in goals. Maynard? C'mon mate, you need to be better than that. You do so much right but turnover goals just kill us.

Varcoe (the worst of them, looks completely disinterested), Thomas, Brown x2, WHE, Greenwood were the 6 tonight that didn't offer us too much. A bit here and there but not enough. We may not have 6 replacements ready to go so we have to make do unfortunately. At the very least I'd prefer Stevo for Varcoe every day. We can't run with both Brown's anymore, Sier for Callum probably. Mayne or Greenwood but not both and Phillips or WHE but not both.

Was a pretty solid win, got the job done, no injuries I believe and we don't have to sweat it out next week. We'll probably get stuck with the Eagles in Week 1, so be it. Maybe we are due. Go Pies!

MONCO: Your life.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:21 am

wrong thread sorry
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:37 am

masoncox wrote:
I just watched the last quarter and a half.
a fair bit on fast forward.
Tyler Brown will be an A grader in a few years time.
I have no doubt on that'
Only injury stands in his way

He certainly will.
People need to remember he’s a couple pre seasons behind Daicos.
I would expect a similar development curve in the next couple years.
These kids were both late picks, so they aren’t normally a plug and play prospect like a top 10 midfield pick.
ThePieMind 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:38 am

I’m so over the dewy QLD conditions - I haven’t watched a decent night game there all year regardless of the teams playing.
And to think we have a night GF there - could be a snooze fest.
Thankfully Cox and JDG provided some highlights tonight, and making finals was deserved after a disruptive season.
tbaker 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:39 am

Can't understand the negativity here. I thought it a very satisfying win. The GCS have troubled a lot of sides all season, and sure the extra rest certainly helped us - but about time it did I say, as we've been more disadvantaged than advantaged from the compressed fixture.
I felt we setup the win in the last half of the 3rd quarter, where our intensity and pressure was enormous - all those smothers and desperation to lock the ball in our forward half - we gave them no space at all and all they could do was attempt to long bomb hurried kicks. The Crisp tackle typified our will and desire to win the game when it needed to be won. Well done!

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:45 am

After 16 rounds, we have the NUMBER ONE defence (points against) in the league.

Unfortunately, we have just the TWELTH best attack (points for). Not sure how many flag fancies are in the bottom 7 attacks in the league.

Make of that what you will, but our inability to score (2 points per game under the league average) will likely deny us a genuine crack at a flag this year or next (unless we shake things up). Stats don’t lie.

melliot 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:46 am

We are still playing like a busted arse.

What infurates me..........

Greasy night. So the next 2 things drive me to the point of screaming profanities until I feel like I have vented a years worth of lockdown frustration.

So in center bounces we handball 6 times until we lose it or go backwards 40m then dump kick back to the center. When we could have dumped kicked when we won the ball in the center to a 6 on 6 senario inside 50. WTF.

Backwards kick across D50. When no switch is on. Then down the line kick 10m past where the ball just came from. Or an overly risky switch.

Just gotta get these unforced errors out of our game.

C . Brown. I'm not confident if he has to kick more than 25m. it's a big weakness. He needs to look at how give it off more.

What pleased me........

JDG. Nuff said. Turns poo entries into goals. How you miss a goal from 15m is beyond belief. But otherwise a star tonight.

Cox. Big guys can take time to get form (coordination) in the air and in the contest. He was always our best tall option.

Treloar. Plenty of ball. and bursts forward.

No injuries.

Finally......

Hard to see us doing damage in finals. Just aint playing well. Just have hope that we might click. I was more optimistic after the Lions game TBH.11111

Need Stevo in there creating with speed. So FFS Stevo. Pull ya F-en finger out. Just adds another multiple goal scorer for the oppo to worry about. But can't play him with the lack of intensity and desire to do the hard stuff and 1%ers .
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:47 am

Raw Hammer wrote:
What’s there to post? Struggled against an average team with our strongest team all year (on paper) on the park. Only Howe and Steele missing and we dished you the same junk. Same old same old, without JDG we stink, hence why we couldn’t make the GF last season. Grundy needs a break next week, no matter what the stakes are to avoid WC in Perth.

If it all clicks, we could scare some teams, but the style of play is horrific for the most part. The skills are borderline deplorable too. On a dewy Gabba deck, we have looked terrible all season.

Fingers crossed they can win a final.

Nah,... also missing Stepho and Sier
Stepho out tonight was big. I hope they select him next week.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:10 am

Magpietothemax wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
What’s there to post? Struggled against an average team with our strongest team all year (on paper) on the park. Only Howe and Steele missing and we dished you the same junk. Same old same old, without JDG we stink, hence why we couldn’t make the GF last season. Grundy needs a break next week, no matter what the stakes are to avoid WC in Perth.

If it all clicks, we could scare some teams, but the style of play is horrific for the most part. The skills are borderline deplorable too. On a dewy Gabba deck, we have looked terrible all season.

Fingers crossed they can win a final.

Nah,... also missing Stepho and Sier
Stepho out tonight was big. I hope they select him next week.

You can’t name drop a player missing though form and not injury. If he’s right to go and not selected, then he’s not in my our best. And neither is Sier. Please.

I’m a Stephenson fan. But his omission is on us (Buckley). So he’s not in our best.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:12 am

First Final:

Ins:

Steele
Mayne
Stevo
Howe (I'm dreaming)

Outs:

C Brown: offers nothing
Varcoe: thanks for the memories
J Thomas: more unlikely to achieve than likely
Greenwood: line ball with Mayne, handy backup if facial injury doesn't heal

B: Maynard Roughead Madgen
HB: Crisp Moore Quaynor
C: Daicos Treloar Steele
HF: WHE Mihocek Elliott
F: Stevo Mason DeGoey
F: Grundy Pendlebury Adams
ICH: Noble, Mayne, T Brown, Howe (yes I am Dreaming and praying)
EMERG: Greenwood, Thomas, Sier, Keane

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6   

Jump to: