Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies dump Blues. All comments, please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tbaker 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:21 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

90 nice wrote:
I dont think bucks has a game plan. But hes got amazing faith and belief in his players. I feel it will be good for bucks to just let the players play their game and try not to have a plan allow them to have a free rein will help.

nice 90 (aka Eureka, aka ???), that doesn't make sense - you're complaining that Buckley doesn't have a game plan (as if), then suggest the solution is to not have a game plan???
We have a good astute coach, and we win more often than not (despite very difficult circumstances which seem to plague us year after year)...our wins are to be enjoyed, especially over our arch enemies!

K 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:35 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
It's interesting that a number of the players who were being picked on by supporters in the match thread yesterday got votes from the coaches - in particular, Crisp was ranked equal second-best (after Adams, 7) with Moore, on 6 votes, Grundy was next, followed by Pendlebury and Thomas.

But at least one of them you don't think can coach, so why should their votes mean anything to you?
Abdul The Bull 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:48 am

tbaker wrote:
Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:
I actually thought Phillips played a lot better, certainly helps when he kicks the goals that he shouldn't miss

A
Agree...thought it was the best he'd played all year, particularly the first half

Not sure we were watching the same game. I thought Phillips was poor and has been for some time. He inspires no confidence with ball in hand and lacks the intestinal fortitude required to be truly effective. I'd trade him in a heartbeat.
But hey, we are all entitled to our own opinions and mine is worth no more than anyone else that isn't in list management or the selection committee at the club!

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:56 am

Phillips was sparsely criticised over the past month where as Thomas had more criticism—as it was they both had bad month but JT never stopped having a crack

If it’s two players with similar situation and one just won’t give in then he has my admiration

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:15 pm

Abdul The Bull wrote:
tbaker wrote:
Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:
I actually thought Phillips played a lot better, certainly helps when he kicks the goals that he shouldn't miss

A
Agree...thought it was the best he'd played all year, particularly the first half

Not sure we were watching the same game. I thought Phillips was poor and has been for some time. He inspires no confidence with ball in hand and lacks the intestinal fortitude required to be truly effective. I'd trade him in a heartbeat.
But hey, we are all entitled to our own opinions and mine is worth no more than anyone else that isn't in list management or the selection committee at the club!

Gee, if you reckon Phillips was poor on Sunday you should have been watching him a few other games this year. Kicked a good goal early then handballed to the opposition a couple of times, but never gave up putting in and had more penetration with his kicks. He, Thomas and Mayne had really good games and Mayne's tackle on Cripps was inspirational. They should be playing like that every week but I guess they're only human.
the fuzz 

Fuzz loves Bruzz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:21 pm

Just want to add- How good was it to see 2 Browns, a Daicos and a Moore playing in a side that beat the blues in a season defining match?
Brilliant!
glasseyevfx 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:03 pm

^ good call
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:05 pm

Next year all being well 2 Browns 1 Daicos 1 Moore and a Kelly
Uncle Jack Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:51 pm

BazBoy wrote:
Next year all being well 2 Browns 1 Daicos 1 Moore and a Kelly

And a year after another Daicos
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:01 pm

^ and a partridge in a pear tree
bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:18 am

Must admit that I had my doubts about browns and daics over last couple years, wondered if they were recruited more out of superstition (belief in a footy gene)and/or sentimentality.
No doubt now they are an important part of the future core.
the fuzz 

Fuzz loves Bruzz

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:57 am

bokka wrote:
Must admit that I had my doubts about browns and daics over last couple years, wondered if they were recruited more out of superstition (belief in a footy gene)and/or sentimentality.

Absolutely. They have proven they belong. Even Tyler after just a few games.
How many clutch goals has Daics kicked in the last few weeks?
CootaPie 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:23 am

bokka wrote:

Daicos has been fantastic this year and thought he showed last week that he has really arrived. Exciting to contemplate his brother lining up alongside him.

Tyler Brown showed plenty last week and should stay in the side for a decent crack at it. Callum on the other hand is a long, long way from being an AFL standard footballer. Very lucky to get a recall last week and aside from a couple of flashes contributed precious little (again).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12   

Jump to: