Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies dump Blues. All comments, please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:44 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Huge game from Adams in the second half. Just wouldn’t be a Collingwood win without injuries though, Mayne’s in hospital most likely fractured cheek/jaw.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:45 pm

Jezza wrote:
127-127.

Thank you Collingwood for putting these arrogant pieces of sh*t back in their box! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Kept them goalless in the second half.

YA-DA-DA-DA-DA! YA-DA-DA-DA-DA! YA-DA-DA-DA-DA-DA-DA!

Shove... that... up your arse...
Shove that fair, square, up your arse

Or your club song, to that effect...

So, ch.Muppet said that was the first time we had kept them goalless in a second half since 1909! Did NOT see that coming lol!

Seriously though, a few players just had to step up today, and did.
Not for all four quarters, but enough to grind out a victory.
Josh Thomas, as many have already said, played his best game for over a year, and Daicos his most important contribution to date.

Bwuuuuce claimed this game was in effect an elimination final, and that might have been the only intelligent thing that came out of his mouth all day.

Was worried at quarter time though; thought that passage of play where Pendles had the ball at CHF, then ballooned it out of bounds, when WHE was free in goal square, might have ultimately killed us, as it resulted in one of those 2-goal turn-around scenarios after he had the ascendancy for most of that term.

Thought Stevo was equal parts hero/villain today; should have nailed those shots on goal, as they were all very getable, and effectively let Carlton off the hook kept them in touch, when we badly needed to apply scoreboard pressure.

I was cursing Buckley badly for most of the game regarding selection; we all knew Cameron was an error, at the expense of Ruscoe. I would have baked supercoach severely and without remorse where we speak, had we lost this one. He got away with it today, hope he learned his lesson regarding playing Grundy, Cox and Cameron together: fail.

And can we stop the Mayne bashing; it is getting old fast. The bloke busts his gut for us every week, and paid a hefty price today. Hope he recovers for next week.

The backline was magnificent in the second half, and very serviceable in the first; Moore and JR swallowing a lot of ball, IQ earning his spot, Maynard going about his business, Crisp never stops trying, and Noble played his best game for us yet IMO.
He looks very promisong breaking the lines in the #9, so much more than that druggie nuff-nuff Sydney offloaded on us three season back...
And Madge - first option handball to a midfielder please; you try to do too much.

Whilst the Browns' contested valiantly, they still missed many targets by hand, but the effort is there, so the wheel keeps turning.

And Carlton, one word: DAICOS kunts!! [okay, that was two, my bad...]
See yas in 2021 with a full list to take back the lead in head-to-heads; it will be well worth waiting 40 years for.

Carna Pies - we're still alive, with players to return.

Now, let's hear the song again:

YA-DA-DA-DA-DA! YA-DA-DA-DA-DA! YA-DA-DA-DA-DA-DA-DA!

scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:46 pm

inxs88 wrote:
Sicks Bux wrote:
Good win. Jack Crisp saved our ass in the third quarter.

Reckon he was awful today

You are the saddest sack.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:47 pm

warburton lad wrote:

Older Pies fans may agree that Darcy Moore is a cross between the brilliant Hawk Peter Knights and David Dench of the Roos- an excitement machine.

He also reminds me of Paul Vanderhar who played with Essenscum

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:48 pm

Bloody rapt, so glad we beat these bastards today, after all this faaaarking 1970 GF bullshit today, thats ancient history now, so we stuck it right up em today, now level on wins. thats great. oh and never ever, ever, ever again, will i hear a word against the Lanky Yank, Coxy, he was great, he commands two defenders on him, and taps it down to our smalls, plus he can ruck too. Great win all round. really.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Magpies035 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:48 pm

Great Effort
Almost a full 4qtr game
Much better entry inside 50

Lazza 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:49 pm

scoobydoo wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
Sicks Bux wrote:
Good win. Jack Crisp saved our ass in the third quarter.

Reckon he was awful today

You are the saddest sack.

Unless he is taking the piss, he is the ultimate definition of a S-dSack.

orie Cancer

A MADPIE FOR LIFE

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:50 pm
Post subject: pies dump bluesReply with quote

LOVED beating the boos and not letting them kick a goal for the second half..
If only we could kick STRAIGHT.

So glad to watch young quaynor. Lovely kick and good decision making.
Getting a bit worried about all the head knocks that Mayne is copping. Surely that was worth a free. No??

And the umpiring non decisions were atrocious. That one in the middle in front of the umpire with Cripps just dropping the ball while. tackled ,and then scooping it out...What are they looking at???
Good to see that our second halves are getting stronger but against quality teams, it probably won't be easy at all.
Let's get the score on the board .
Enjoyed the last 5 minutes.. Go Pies

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:52 pm

Sicks Bux wrote:
Jack Crisp 25 disposals, 12 marks, 4 tackles, game high of 495 metres gained.

https://www.afl.com.au/matches/2882#player-stats

FWIW, and I might be mis-remembering his overall game, I said at half time it was the worst game I'd seen him play in defence of him (i.e., because he's usually so reliable). He had a better second half, but the fumbling, ineffectiveness, getting turned, getting beaten in one-on-ones, etc. were noticeable because they were uncharacteristic. But there you go.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:52 pm

shawthing wrote:
Great result. Beating Carlton makes this season worth while. Whatever happens for the rest of the season doesn't matter.

Spot on, i cant see us actually winning the flag, but today makes up for it, long as we beat these swines, makes the whole season worth it for me, too. Very Happy Razz

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:53 pm

ANNODAM wrote:
45 fkn years I have waited to square the ledger with these pricks!

Not quite as long for me. But I've been following it since before you could look it up on the internet. We has that book with all the scores in it that was about 4 million pages thick.

Each loss meant we'd need two wins to get it back. Each win was another win closer. I really can't believe it is square.

We were close around the early 90s, but it got out to around 15 at one point.

I know they always lift for us, but it's amazing that they've only managed 10 wins since the start of 2004.

I'd love to make up for some of those finals wins now.

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:54 pm

And its worth noting a win against the Lions would bring us within one win to tie them too. A tougher task, but doable.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:58 pm

Special mention to Miochek. For anyone who has copped a huge hit and then come back and continue to attack every contest like he always does, is very courageous. Hitting packs like he does isn’t for everyone.
He’s a great pick up and would be even better if we had some KPF quality around him.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:00 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
shawthing wrote:
Great result. Beating Carlton makes this season worth while. Whatever happens for the rest of the season doesn't matter.

Spot on, i cant see us actually winning the flag, but today makes up for it, long as we beat these swines, makes the whole season worth it for me, too. Very Happy Razz

True Piesnchess but now I feel that with injured players returning, we could go deep into the finals if the cards fall our way. Wont win the flag but the finals experience will be beneficial to the younger players. Looking really good for the near future👍🏽

alexjvillani Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:00 pm

Madgens composure is second to none. Big fan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 4 of 12   

Jump to: