Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies dump Blues. All comments, please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:17 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

A second ✔️ for Josh Thomas and I have to eat humble pie over my thought,s
on the man.

Even when he was being criticised he always hit contest,s with desperation & then finding touch it’s starting to be a benefit to him and us

Stevo is just not a grunt player that’s it but he is valuable in a different way to JT. End this by saying to Josh ,you have kept at it and I hope for all you keep it up

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:30 am

inxs88 wrote:
We are 4-5 players short from challenging but would be great to get this squad onto the field before seasons end. Would naturally make us more competitive.

B: Maynard Roughead Howe
HB: Crisp Moore Quaynor
C: Steele Treloar Daicos
HF: Stevo Mihocek WHE
F: Elliott DeGoey Mason
F: Grundy Pendelbury Adams
ICH: Mayne, T Brown, Noble, Phillips
EMERG: Greenwood, C Brown, Thomas, Broomhead

Thomas has found some touch and confidence, otherwise he wouldn’t be our equal leading goal kicker in the last month ( as pathetic as the numbers are )
When he gets his fifteen odd touches, he usually kicks goals cause he’s a reliable shot on goal. Doesn’t mind the hard ball either.
Right now, Hoskin - Elliot is the complete opposite.

People grossly underestimate the role that confidence plays in a players output. You can see the confidence and surety returning into Thomas game. Hopefully Cox is next.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:41 am

Magpietothemax wrote:
Also really happy how we nullified cripps tonight. I am not sure exactly how we did it, but I think alot needs to be said about our midfield pressure. I thought our mids were great. Tay was a colossus. so also Jamie was fantastic. And I thought Tay Brown also had a magnificent game, and proved why he should be selected. I think we nullified him through a team performance in the midfield. Well done boys! The sleeping Magpie is waking up.

Pendlebury spent a bit of time on him around the middle of the ground.
Just a simple run with role as opposed to hard tag. I liked the move because it makes Cripps also accountable when we have the ball because Pendles is so damaging. By extension, Cripps is then drawn to parts of the ground where he would prefer not to be. It’s all just a bit of cat and mouse on the footy field.
K 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:47 am

Johnno75 wrote:
ANNODAM wrote:
45yrs it has taken me to see us square that ledger.

1981 GF was the last time we were level.

But you age faster if you're a Collingwood supporter.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:34 am

The point on Pendlebury v Cripps is the confidence he had that although he would not be the damaging linking cog he normally puts out for the team flow
credit goes to Adams and Billy to do that job for him

Best one for all & all for one performance in the last half dozen games
Talent comes in many forms and not always skill based

69 years a MAGPIE Libra

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:10 pm

Said last week on another post:
Cox kicked 1 goal, set up 3 and saved 1 = 5 goals and we won by 5 goals
This week:
Cox kicked 2, set up 2 = 4 goals and we won by 4 goals.
We are much better TEAM with Coxy in the side. Let's all the little buggers do their job with much more confidence. Add De Goey and it becomes really scary.

alexjvillani Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:38 pm

69 years a MAGPIE wrote:
Said last week on another post:
Cox kicked 1 goal, set up 3 and saved 1 = 5 goals and we won by 5 goals
This week:
Cox kicked 2, set up 2 = 4 goals and we won by 4 goals.
We are much better TEAM with Coxy in the side. Let's all the little buggers do their job with much more confidence. Add De Goey and it becomes really scary.

Also the team hasn't bought in any new replacements which has made way for the youngsters to get used to the game plan and grow in confidence.

simon tonna 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:39 pm

just watched the replay on AFL.com and god its much more satisfying watching live and loud with the crowd. my daughters were as pumped as i was and the pro collingwood crowd in my opinion was humble but proud.
great from all unfortunately not so for cameron, he was guarded heavily by wetering and jones and simply couldn't contribute in any way apart from some ruck minutes for a tired grundy.
It was a fast paced pressure game and young daicos is right at the top of the tree for controlling his space and awerness all game long. what a sure and sound player who rarely waists a possession.
elliott was fantastic all day as was IQ, jonny noble, thomas and stevo.

LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:53 pm

Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:
JT looks a 1000% better when crumbing to the feet of Cox, there is a level of understanding there that I certainly didn't realise until today.

Been calling for the Tyler to get a run for weeks and you can see why, thought Callum did OK as well, should keep playing both of them.

Cameron, had a pretty quiet one...I'd be inclined to leave him out next week.

Never should have dropped Cox, looked better as the game progressed and we may well rue not playing him earlier in the season....I'm thinking the Dockers game at least.

Daicos is just dead set exciting, great to watch.

Shame about Mayne, hope he is OK...but TBH he never should have been out there, other preferred.

Grundy was massive, cant believe the crap he was copping in the game thread

I echo these sentiments.
Pendles was epic at thimes, smoothest mover I've witnessed in our colours. His positioning at the bounces was a clinic.
Having Tyler Brown in the Centre with him is an important education, Pendles talking to him all game.

Quaynor will benefit from further coaching. He's got all the tools, just needs to make smarter decisions, it'll come but needs another 20 games. His opponent worked off him in the 1st half before he tightened up.

Daicos, our most improved player, and importantly one with the polish we so desperately need. He's Sidey mk2.

Coxy could have had a few more. It's his timing again but not helped when he can't lead at the ball. The comment re Thomas ground ball work is spot on.

Darcy Moore, his dash through the middle was like watching a thoroughbred charging around. Still only 71 games, his best is yet to come.

Phillips, less said the better. Please trade him. The amount of times he just sits back and spectates is damning. Then once with the ball you just want to cover your eyes. We're simply not a better team with him in.

Was great to see them put the sword to The Filth yesterday, their supporters voices were many but drowned out in the 2nd half. I enjoyed singing the song.

Adams, is the heart of this side, Pendles the brains, Sidey the polish, Treloar the dash, JDG the X factor. If we get them all on the field, we can still do some damage come finals time.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:01 pm

We -well me any way talked the Cox and crumb factor

Watch IQ break with ball in hand and with pinpoint accuracy deliver the ball high up right in goal square

Now Cox is hampered but has enough time to tap to JT. Goal

Thing is we must keep it up but signs are good

glasseyevfx 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:16 pm

^ thanks for that on JT.

also the IQ / Betts contest was really entertaining. Betts is an absolute star - I wish we had him; To see IQ battle him the way he did was amazing - it's a shame Eddie is coming to the close of his footy when I think of the years we might have had watching those two hammer it out.

alexjvillani Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:20 pm

Mayne would be out for Greenwood if he's all clear and Ruscoe should be in for Cameron. Don't want to go in too tall against Brisbane.

The only worry is that we have that 5 day break when they had the bye and numerous days before that...

Last edited by alexjvillani on Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:20 pm

Well this week IQ tackled (and had the best of) Eddie Betts

Now IQ may get another little nuisance goal sneak named Charlie Cameron

glasseyevfx 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:34 pm

^ hadn't thought of that - something to look forward to. He's going to be great to watch in years to come.

Hope greenwood does come in - a hard nut on brisbane is always a good idea - should be fresh.

23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:53 pm

The reason we played better in the 4th was that we got ball kick ball type of play. If we can cut out this handballing game and focus on get ball kick ball then we will always play better. And on top of that the players to back themselves a bit of dash and dare would be great ala 2018. To me the 4th quarter was more like the way we played in 2018. But im afraid we play more like we play 2013-2019 minus 2018 more often.
I dont think bucks has a game plan. But hes got amazing faith and belief in his players. I feel it will be good for bucks to just let the players play their game and try not to have a plan allow them to have a free rein will help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 9 of 12   

Jump to: