Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies run over Crows. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:46 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed Mayne up forward for a few moments there. But sheesh that se shot was a shocker.

I love Camerons contested marking. That is a huge plus and something we've been missing. However, his set shot needs major work. One was a real supershank in the second quarter. That was really frustrating as Himmleberg kicked one for the Crows not long after.

Mihocek missed a getable goal in the second quarter too.

At half time we were 2.1. With (I think) 2 on the full and (I think) 3 that didnt even make the distance. That is not something we will get away with against the top 8 teams.

It just seemed like we were desperate to get a goal, but there was just nothing or noone inside 50. This was in the first half.

Obviously we ran over them in the second half and finished the game with 7 goal kickers, including JT who finally got one on the board.

Not sure what to think of Grundys game. He wasnt at his best, but I think went into the game knowing Cameron was going to take some of the strain. But that handpass to Wills (I think) in the final quarter was unforgivable.

masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:46 pm

Charlie Oneeye wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:
I liked the game of Ruscoe.It looks like there’s plenty to work with there.

I was thinking the same thing. He seems very unique. Nothing like I expected. I'm not quite sure what he will become.

Seems to be oozing potential, and even though he has hit the scoreboard and done more than I anticipated, he still looks not quite ready, very young and green.

Is he a forward? A very clever reader of play, or will he become a Crisp clone off HB? Or Michael McGuane ? Or Wanganeen ? (Howz that for big calls lol)
Or fall short ?
I like him too. Glad you mentioned him. Plenty to work with.

He got his speed skates on at one stage.
I liked that
Charlie Oneeye Scorpio

charlie oneeye

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:53 pm

Cox or Cameron debate?

Neither is a gun, and right now ...as in the last 4 hours since his birth, Cameron has done enough to support his selection.

And conversely Cox hasn't.

One thing is for sure, If he keeps improving, Cameron will be on our list for many more years than Cox. I'll give him time in the Gym..he is doing ok.

Both handy in the Ruck, either equally bad or good as forwards.

Right now, Cameron plays. If he falls away, Cox comes in.

Bottom line... we just need one to play a decent game.

In future, hopefully, a Jonathon Brown falls out of the sky
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:12 am

Charlie Oneeye wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:
I liked the game of Ruscoe.It looks like there’s plenty to work with there.

I was thinking the same thing. He seems very unique. Nothing like I expected. I'm not quite sure what he will become.

Seems to be oozing potential, and even though he has hit the scoreboard and done more than I anticipated, he still looks not quite ready, very young and green.

Is he a forward? A very clever reader of play, or will he become a Crisp clone off HB? Or Michael McGuane ? Or Wanganeen ? (Howz that for big calls lol)
Or fall short ?

I like him too. Glad you mentioned him. Plenty to work with.

Yeah, sorry i forgot, Ruscoe is another forward who could benefit from a forward line where space can be seized and speed is a premium. This boy is a gem.

JC Hartley Cancer

16 premierships now in the history books. Let's be the first club to 17 premierships.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:45 am

After a diabolical half of footy, Collingwood responded emphatically in the second half to prevail by 4 goals (24 points). The Magpies were finally able to convert forward entries into goals, which was a focus heading into the game, and was executed brilliantly over the last two quarters to not only reclaim control by getting in front, they also claimed the points after they appeared to be out of reach after the first two quarters. The response from the players to correct their errors was very significant, which allowed the team to take charge of the contest and ultimately build a lead on the scoreboard that the Magpies would not relinquish for the remainder of the game.

Collingwood had gains from disposals by +47 (324 - 277), kicks were +27 (185 - 158), handballs were won by +20 (139 - 119), while uncontested possessions had a margin of +50 (214 - 164), and tackles were won by +8 (60 - 52), with a differential of +2 for Tackles Inside 50 (8 - 6). Hit-outs were won by +1 (28 - 27), centre clearances were +4 (9 - 5), +3 for clearances (32 - 29), marks had a differential of +5 (77 - 72), with uncontested marks won by +9 (68 - 59). Inside 50's went Collingwood's way by +12 (42 - 30), with Marks Inside 50 won by +6 (11 - 5). Adelaide got their advantages from contested possessions by +5 (113 - 108), stoppage clearances were +1 (24 - 23), +7 for intercept possessions (61 - 54), and Contested Marks had a differential of +4 (13 - 9).

Taylor Adams (27 disposals @ 56%, 432 metres gained, 16 contested possessions, 11 uncontested possessions, 2 intercept possessions, 16 kicks, 11 handballs, 2 marks, 6 tackles, 3 score involvements, 10 clearances, 4 centre clearances, 6 stoppage clearances, 5 Inside 50s & 2 Rebound 50s) continued his strong run of form with his contested ball work in the packs standing out like a beacon. Generated movement from within packs on numerous occasions to not only avert threats from the Crows, he was able to provide territory in the forward arc as well.

Tom Phillips (22 disposals @ 64%, 420 metres gained, 8 contested possessions, 14 uncontested possessions, 4 intercept possessions, 15 kicks, 7 handballs, 6 marks & 2 Inside 50s) contributed with his marking and kicking traits, yet he didn't generate enough forays ahead of the ball. Ball use can be better, Tom.

Steele Sidebottom (22 disposals @ 64%, 296 metres gained, 8 contested possessions, 14 uncontested possessions, 4 intercept possessions, 13 kicks, 9 handballs, 3 clearances, 2 stoppage clearances, 7 Inside 50s & 2 Rebound 50s) had a quiet first half, before lifting with a strong second half, mirroring that performance of his team as the game progressed and eventuated.

Rupert Wills (20 disposals @ 85%, 6 contested possessions, 14 uncontested possessions, 3 intercept possessions,5 kicks, 15 handballs, 6 tackles, 2 score involvements & 2 Rebound 50s) applied tackling pressure, and dished off a lot of handpasses to teammates who could kick the ball. Next step for Wills, is to get kicks away from clearances, otherwise he'll be sticking to his limitations.

Brayden Sier (16 disposals @ 75%, 143 metres gained, 6 contested possessions, 10 uncontested possessions, 3 kicks, 13 handballs, 5 tackles, 4 score involvements, 5 clearances, 3 centre clearances & 2 stoppage clearances) won the ball in the clinches, and did a bit more damage than Rupert Wills to impact the scoreboard. Both of them need to find more kicks, which would allow the side to score more goals.

Josh Daicos (15 disposals @ 93%, 126 metres gained, 3 contested possessions, 12 uncontested possessions, 3 intercept possessions, 5 kicks, 10 handballs, 5 marks, 2 score involvements & 1 goal) made an impact early with a crucial goal, before getting closed down after that. The Crows did not allow him to kick the ball very often despite taking 5 marks.

Jack Crisp (22 disposals @ 77%, 459 metres gained, 3 contested possessions, 19 uncontested possessions, 5 intercept possessions, 17 kicks, 5 handballs, 4 marks, 3 tackles, 2 goal assists, 4 score involvements, 3 clearances, 3 stoppage clearances, 6 Inside 50s & 2 Rebound 50s) had an excellent second half with a host of piercing kicks in the last quarter to forwards that resulted in three shots at goal, with 2 goals converted. This was Crisp's most clinical game in almost two months.

Brayden Maynard (21 disposals @ 81%, 420 metres gained, 2 contested possessions, 19 uncontested possessions, 6 intercept possessions, 17 kicks, 4 handballs, 7 marks, 4 tackles & 5 Rebound 50s) demonstrated his ability to penetrate kicks from defence which gave the side enormous confidence whenever he won the ball.

John Noble (20 disposals @ 95%, 332 metres gained, 3 contested possessions, 17 uncontested possessions, 3 intercept possessions, 11 kicks, 9 handballs, 3 marks, 2 Inside 50s & 3 Rebound 50s) provided plenty of dash off half-back, with his speed allowing him time and space to deliver the ball effectively and properly.

Jack Madgen (13 disposals @ 85%, 103 metres gained, 3 contested possessions, 10 uncontested possessions, 5 intercept possessions, 8 kicks, 5 handballs, 6 marks, 2 tackles & 3 Rebound 50s) had a solid game in totality. A little bit shaky in the first half, before an improved second half saw him play his role with aplomb.

Lynden Dunn (10 disposals @ 90%, 194 metres gained, 9 uncontested possessions, 7 kicks, 3 handballs, 4 marks, 2 tackles, 2 Rebound 50s & 1 goal) made a successful return to AFL level by getting through the entire game unscathed, and kicked a very important goal against the run of play in the second term which lifted the whole side.

Callum Brown (17 disposals @ 59%, 212 metres gained, 8 contested possessions, 9 uncontested possessions, 4 intercept possessions, 10 kicks, 7 handballs, 2 marks, 2 tackles, 5 score involvements & 3 Inside 50s) did not kick any goals, but he worked exceptionally hard across half-forward to be involved in the contest. Looked to kick the ball a bit more in this game compared to recent games during the season thus far.

Darcy Cameron (15 disposals @ 60%, 181 metres gained, 9 contested possessions, 6 uncontested possessions, 4 hit-outs, 12 kicks, 3 handballs, 9 marks, 5 Contested Marks, 4 Marks Inside 50, 3 score involvements, 2 clearances, 2 stoppage clearances, 2 Inside 50s & 2 goals) recovered from an appalling start to compile a strong half of footy where he kicked 2 goals (1 each in the 3rd & 4th terms), in what was his best performance for the club to date.

Josh Thomas (14 disposals @ 71%, 156 metres gained, 5 contested possessions, 9 uncontested possessions, 9 kicks, 5 handballs, 6 marks, 2 score involvements, 3 clearances, 3 stoppage clearances, 2 Inside 50s & 1 goal) had a solid game without playing brilliantly. Stood up in the final term with a decisive goal to restore the team's 17-point lead after the Crows got to within 11 points. Once he kicked that goal, all of the momentum for Adelaide would diminish and vanish into the night without the points.

Brody Mihocek (13 disposals @ 77%, 144 metres gained, 7 contested possessions, 6 uncontested possessions, 7 kicks, 6 handballs, 5 marks, 2 Marks Inside 50, 4 tackles, 3 Tackles Inside 50, 3 score involvements & 1 goal) picked up his game as the game went longer to provide a target alongside Darcy Cameron.

Trey Ruscoe (6 disposals @ 50%, 146 metres gained, 5 uncontested possessions, 6 kicks, 3 marks, 2 tackles, 3 score involvements & 2 goals) backed up his debut game with 3 shots for 2 goals. His previous game included his first goal, before kicking 3 behinds. This time, he was considerably better on the scoreboard, despite fumbling a loose ball in the goal square which he would recover to convert over the line. His third term was electrifying.

Jaidyn Stephenson (4 disposals @ 100%, 2 contested possessions, 2 uncontested possessions, 2 intercept possessions, 3 kicks, 3 score involvements & 2 goals) gave his side momentum with two crucial goals in the third term. Stephenson was able to make the Crows pay with his intercepts resulting in majors.

Collingwood's next game will be against Melbourne on August 15 at the Gabba. Execute the game plan for four quarters against the Demons to leave them with demons in their heads!

jatsad 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:47 am

I cannot believe that people are still pushing for Cox ahead of Cameron. He played very well tonight with 9 marks and 15 possies as well as 2 goals. If he had kicked better, could have had a least 3.

He is a footballer unlike Cox who is a learner. He has way more footy smarts and is more agile.

It's his position to lose right now.

And those thinking both should play in the forward line, please.

tbaker 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:47 am

swoop42 wrote:
Haven't seen the game but we picked a bloody good week to kick straight it would appear.

The scoreboard at half time belied our true effort in front of goal. As Presti35 mentioned we had at least 4 shots at goal from inside 50 in the first half, with one or two out of bounds (Checkers) and others failing to make the distance from 40 metre set shot marks (Cameron and Mayne, and ?)

It was a great win in the end, considering how undermanned we were, and how Adelaide were up for this and were going all out for their first win.

I loved the despondency in the commentators' voices when we piled on those goals in the last quarter and killed off the crows chances of an upset victory. You could feel their deflated spirits. Didn't stop Reiwoldt getting stuck into us after the game - did he realise that we had most of our guns out?

And did others hear Dunstall (?, or perhaps it was Ruciutto) scoff almost every time we received a free kick in the 2nd half?

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:08 am

What'sinaname wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
A match of two halves. Got the 4 points, not too many injured.

All matches are of two halves.

You don’t say; Next time I’ll put quotation marks around the two halves 😉😜

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:15 am

Magpietothemax wrote:
masoncox wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:
Cameron has passed Cox by after a handful of games.
Four years younger, better footy smarts and has an appetite that Cox seems to have lost.
Slowly getting better with every game. Just leave him there this season and let him develop both his support rucking and forward craft ( unless he goes backwards of course )

I disagree

Is it possible to play both Cameron and Cox in the same team?

I would like to think so, Cox can ruck, and Grundy really needs help in the ruck dept, i dont want him to burn out. Idea

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:16 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
Remarkably, we’d be outright third if we didn’t sh!t the bed vs Fremantle.

THIRD!

Anyway, as it stands, just 0.6% behind Richmond (in a year where percentage seemingly once didn’t count for us ... hahaha, amazing right?).

4-day break vs the 6-day Melbourne break doesn’t bode well, but Melbourne are junk. If we somehow manage to defeat Melbourne, we get a 10 day break before North and, pending Cunnington’s fitness, could set ourselves up for a bizarre finals campaign.

It isn't right, though. It can't be necessary to give the opposition extra days to recover, week after week and make us fly across the country and back and across again in such a short space of games. I think that, match-fitness wise, the 'pies are barely hanging in there.

Listening to Adams being interviewed about the first quarter indicated the tiredness: Adams said he felt heavy on the ground in the first qtr. Some of the players must be absolutely stuffed.
I think we forget just how taxing the schedule is.

Jpies 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:20 am

glasseyevfx wrote:

I think I agree with Dunstall in that our delivery into 50 is perhaps as much a problem as a dysfunctional forward line. Crisp seemed one of the few that could find a target and it was rarely uncluttered.

This is 100% accurate. I've thought it all year. Even those games where we kicked big scores in the first quarter, we (and usually Stephenson!) were often taking set shots from outside the boundary line, or very difficult angles. We hardly ever seemed to deliver the ball to a spot where our forwards could take an easy shot. And for all the talk of our inaccuracy over the past few weeks, I actually think our forwards were having the best go they could with poor opportunities.

Buckley acknowledged this tonight in the press conference. He said the the first entry into forward 50 is the most important, as it becomes congested when the other side gets numbers back. He said it had been a problem for a few weeks, that we hadn't used our first entry effectively.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:39 am

watt price tully wrote:

Listening to Adams being interviewed about the first quarter indicated the tiredness: Adams said he felt heavy on the ground in the first qtr. Some of the players must be absolutely stuffed.
I think we forget just how taxing the schedule is.

Agree. That is why so many of our guys could not kick the ball far. You cannot judge their ability based on such an unfair season where players are forced to play 2 afl games within 4 days of each other. Tony Armstrong says hello.
Tay Adams has been an absolute hero. Tonight he held the midfield together, like a captain.
Darcy Cameron has an agility, an athleticism, and a positive attitude that we need to harness. Loved the way he did not allow an early failure to divert him from his energetic attack on the ball.
There were many positives from this game. There are many possible permutations and combinations that we can create against the Demons. I am very heartened by the performance tonight. Our guys are still well and truly committed to playing finals.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:49 am

And while i am on a stream of consciousness, just wanted also to acknowledge John Noble. I liked this young guy from the beginning, his flair, his passion, his speed and his attack on the ball. He is cementing his place in the team off hb. Love watching him burst through packs, no fear, and take possession of the ball. Absolute gem.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:18 am

jatsad wrote:
I cannot believe that people are still pushing for Cox ahead of Cameron. He played very well tonight with 9 marks and 15 possies as well as 2 goals. If he had kicked better, could have had a least 3.

He is a footballer unlike Cox who is a learner. He has way more footy smarts and is more agile.

It's his position to lose right now.

And those thinking both should play in the forward line, please.

Agree 100%.

I'm glad someone else shares the same observations as I do on this topic.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:19 am

Grundy needs a rest now, hes buggered, why not rest him for the Deeees game, and bring Cox into ruck, he and Cameron can spell each other, resting at full forward.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10   

Jump to: