Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down Sydney. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:41 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

5 from the wing on debut wrote:
If anyone deserves congratulations its the AFL. Their programming was brilliant. They put on the shit low quality support act first (Pies v Swans) as a warm up for what everyone wanted to see - the fast paced, highly skilled Saints v Suns game. That game actually made me enjoy watching football again.It was amazing. I really rated Dan Butler when he was at Richmond and it kills me to see that the Saints got him for nothing.

Agree 100%. The Suns v Saints game was superb. A great combination of pressure acts and fluid skill execution, the complete opposite to our game but to be fair Sydney are a drag you down team, fortunately they weren't able to drag us down too much more from where we already were.

On Dan Butler, I can't believe we didn't make a play for him, or if we did why didn't we land him. He is EXACTLY what we need, a fast, smart player who knows where the goals are. He is the pickup of the season and it really amazed me that the Tigers couldn't find a way to hold on to him, salary cap pressure probably. Our recruiting just doesn't hit the mark does it? Name me one Collingwood player you can see sprinting hard into the forward line to score a goal on the rebound? We have nobody capable of that.

MONCO: Your life.
Fatui Attata 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:01 pm

I've seen Stevo, Elliott and WHE do that I'm sure. It's a Jack Darling type we need to add to Mihocek and Cameron or Cox. A mobile, strong skilled tall.....who can kick straight.
barrackers 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:11 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Wish they'd get rid of this ridiculous #35 to the 1st selection and give it to Daics

35 was reportedly offered to Daicos in his first year, however he wanted to make his own name. In terms of getting rid of 35 going to our first draftee if it continues we’ll see Nick Daicos wearing 35 in 2022 season. Rendell says he’s a chance of being pick 1 in the 2021 draft.
Rick Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:16 pm

Fatui Attata wrote:
I've seen Stevo, Elliott and WHE do that I'm sure. It's a Jack Darling type we need to add to Mihocek and Cameron or Cox. A mobile, strong skilled tall.....who can kick straight.

I watched a bit of the Saints v Suns game and thought of even a Tim Membrey type.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:02 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
As his confidence grows and he gets physically stronger, we should expect his class to shine more often.

^ Really appreciate your balanced observations Rudeboy Smile
Re young Daics, the first thing I noticed about him after the summer season break was that he had really improved his muscle definition. He surely must have worked hard on the weights and has become stronger as a result. Can only get better as his body matures more. Very Happy
Fatui Attata 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:14 pm

Rick wrote:
Fatui Attata wrote:

I watched a bit of the Saints v Suns game and thought of even a Tim Membrey type.

Spot on Rick.

jatsad 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:27 pm

Fatui Attata wrote:
Rick wrote:
Fatui Attata wrote:

Spot on Rick.

We were going to recruit Membrey in the 2012 draft but were talked out of it by Matt Rendell who wanted Tim Broomhead which completed his 3 Adelaide players. Brodie Grundy and Ben Kennedy were the other 2.

Missed out big time.

23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:02 pm

collingwoods football dept needs to have alot more fitter players they are either not fit enough, they are cooked, their body has simply worn out and just not up to afl standard hence the injuries
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:03 pm

jatsad wrote:
Fatui Attata wrote:
Rick wrote:
Fatui Attata wrote:

Spot on Rick.

We were going to recruit Membrey in the 2012 draft but were talked out of it by Matt Rendell who wanted Tim Broomhead which completed his 3 Adelaide players. Brodie Grundy and Ben Kennedy were the other 2.

Missed out big time.

As true as this may be, I’m disappointed in the process we had in place that allowed a individual decision override a combined decision among the recruiters. Surely the method of madness where the state of origin played the major role was flawed in a major way. A conversation about talent, skill, position vacancy and merit must always take precedence I would have thought.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:07 pm

In a period where we are at present and vagaries in the team’s performance
there have been some pleasing outcomes

The improvement in Jack Magden —dour, not flashy but 100% effort

And the return to 2018 form abiet with more needed is The Bear

Both worked their ring off in an unpretty and scrappy game last night

And that was John Nobles best game since he arrived IMHO

Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:16 pm

Madgen reminds me of Gayfer. Noble’s constant running out of the defence was Shane Morwood like. Yeah I felt the entire team preparation and attitude was different. I suppose this season such vagaries will be a constant given the travel, training, timing of games and the less playing time. Just get the job done and get out must be their game mantra for each game. For once I couldn’t care less about the style of game as long as they bloody win.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:24 pm

I feel with Jack Magden he is not endoured with pace and flexibility in changing direction but more towards running in one direction

Last night it was noticeable to me that once fatigue (Sydney) set in the pace of the game came back to where Jack could use his ample frame against his opponents

And with backline soldiers are dropping he will be very handy

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:25 pm

Monco Matt wrote:
5 from the wing on debut wrote:
If anyone deserves congratulations its the AFL. Their programming was brilliant. They put on the shit low quality support act first (Pies v Swans) as a warm up for what everyone wanted to see - the fast paced, highly skilled Saints v Suns game. That game actually made me enjoy watching football again.It was amazing. I really rated Dan Butler when he was at Richmond and it kills me to see that the Saints got him for nothing.

Agree 100%. The Suns v Saints game was superb. A great combination of pressure acts and fluid skill execution, the complete opposite to our game but to be fair Sydney are a drag you down team, fortunately they weren't able to drag us down too much more from where we already were.

On Dan Butler, I can't believe we didn't make a play for him, or if we did why didn't we land him. He is EXACTLY what we need, a fast, smart player who knows where the goals are. He is the pickup of the season and it really

amazed me that the Tigers couldn't find a way to hold on to him, salary cap pressure probably. Our recruiting just doesn't hit the mark does it? Name me one Collingwood player you can see sprinting hard into the forward line to score a goal on the rebound? We have nobody capable of that.

Stephenson used to do that quite regularly in 2018,but he doesn’t do it anymore,sadly,Maybe it’s a game plan thing,or he’s just not the same player.I don’t know what the problem is.
glasseyevfx 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:26 pm

nevermind
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:30 pm

I don’t think Stevo attacks the game. By that I mean contested play

His first year was offence where he flourished and the role he is playing will not go well till he gains a defensive part to his game

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 9 of 12   

Jump to: