Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down Sydney. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tbaker 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:29 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Piesnchess wrote:

The thing with Cox, is, hes so big he demands two Opp players on him, which leaves one of our forwards free, all he has to do is tap it down to one of our crumbing forwards, aka Daicos , and give Grundy a spell in the ruck ,which he can do pretty well. Idea

Yes! He takes 2 defenders - with them more often than not trying suspect tactics to take him out of the contest (usually either tunnelling or chopping his arms)

jatsad 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:30 am

Can someone please take Taylor Adams aside and teach him how to kick. His lollipop passes will get someone killed one day.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:31 am

jatsad wrote:
Can someone please take Taylor Adams aside and teach him how to kick. His lollipop passes will get someone killed one day.

he has a double handed ball drop. There is no hope for him.

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:18 am

Raw Hammer wrote:
A blend of plastic and metal screw ins? A disgrace. And the AFL
don’t check boots before the game? That’s a lawsuit, Gil. Straight up tore IQ’s leg apart. If people have weak stomachs, do not look at the photo of IQ’s leg. It is HORRIFIC.

I just saw the photo.Yikes!It looks like he’s been bitten by a shark,honestly.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:11 am

Gee that was hard to watch
We should have been 40+ up at half time if we could do the fundamentals well like kicking the damn ball straight
Our dominance early was good but our kicking was deplorable and our decision making equally bad
Players just don’t seem to know how to straighten up when attacking
Cox straightens us up and brings the ball to ground
Since he’s been out we’ve looked worse in attack
I get his slow and people expect more from him but sometimes the structural stuff is equally important for the outcome
I like Ben Reid he’s always been a fav of mine but OMG he’s so slow now
I can only think Buckley wanted some more experience in the forward line because he wasn’t there for any other reason I can see
The elephant in the room for mine again is how Sidey was murdered in the first half. At half fine had 2 effective disposals
Was moved to the forward line and did a few good things in second half but his inability to be able to have a influence under pressure is becoming worse by the week. Too easy shut down again

Personally I think all these positional changes has confused players
Stephenson forward back wing ?
Crisp back mid wing ?
Just decide where they play there best football and leave them there

Injury curse is on again
IQ could be ok this week. Few stitches and wear a hockey shin guard and he could play unless the wound isnt very wide
Had a bad shin slash myself years ago 20 stitches wore a old soccer guard over it played the next week
Treloar is becoming another soft tissue victim
WHE bone bruising unlikely to go this week I would assume

Depending on injuries could be a few changes again
We got the ugly 4 points but 4 points is 4 points
Next 3 weeks are must win games against opposition we should best on exposed form
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:36 am

Lazza wrote:
.............ward the club, Buckley and the fans. We have a poor record of being inpatient with the coach who doesn’t succeed under the definition of success only equaling a flag. 1 out of 18 chances each season. Tough.

What do you mean we have a poor record of being inpatient? We have the fewest number of coach appointments of all of the teams that entered the league in 1896.

Weideman and Cahill are the only coaches not to have at least 4 years since 1950.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:00 am

If anyone deserves congratulations its the AFL. Their programming was brilliant. They put on the shit low quality support act first (Pies v Swans) as a warm up for what everyone wanted to see - the fast paced, highly skilled Saints v Suns game. That game actually made me enjoy watching football again.It was amazing. I really rated Dan Butler when he was at Richmond and it kills me to see that the Saints got him for nothing.
glasseyevfx 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:06 am

Great win guys - JT had a better game and we get to have unearthed another player. Ruscoe didn't look out of place and had a good dip.
Shame about the injuries. I wonder if they have been sharping their studs like Ballantine (?) used to do.

I also think we have missed CBrowns intensity - good to have him back

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:18 am

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Gee that was hard to watch
We should have been 40+ up at half time if we could do the fundamentals well like kicking the damn ball straight
Our dominance early was good but our kicking was deplorable and our decision making equally bad
Players just don’t seem to know how to straighten up when attacking
Cox straightens us up and brings the ball to ground
Since he’s been out we’ve looked worse in attack
I get his slow and people expect more from him but sometimes the structural stuff is equally important for the outcome
I like Ben Reid he’s always been a fav of mine but OMG he’s so slow now
I can only think Buckley wanted some more experience in the forward line because he wasn’t there for any other reason I can see
The elephant in the room for mine again is how Sidey was murdered in the first half. At half fine had 2 effective disposals
Was moved to the forward line and did a few good things in second half but his inability to be able to have a influence under pressure is becoming worse by the week. Too easy shut down again

Personally I think all these positional changes has confused players
Stephenson forward back wing ?
Crisp back mid wing ?
Just decide where they play there best football and leave them there

Injury curse is on again
IQ could be ok this week. Few stitches and wear a hockey shin guard and he could play unless the wound isnt very wide
Had a bad shin slash myself years ago 20 stitches wore a old soccer guard over it played the next week
Treloar is becoming another soft tissue victim
WHE bone bruising unlikely to go this week I would assume

Depending on injuries could be a few changes again
We got the ugly 4 points but 4 points is 4 points
Next 3 weeks are must win games against opposition we should best on exposed form

Take a look at IQ’s leg. Looks like a shark attack. He’ll be lucky to play again this season.

masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:20 am

glasseyevfx wrote:
Great win guys - JT had a better game and we get to have unearthed another player. Ruscoe didn't look out of place and had a good dip.
Shame about the injuries. I wonder if they have been sharping their studs like Ballantine (?) used to do.

I also think we have missed CBrowns intensity - good to have him back

This programming is very interesting.
Footy every night is great.
I wonder if the AFL is looking to increasing the amount of footy games being played with shortened quarters in the future
Great for money and T V ratings.
There is a buck here.
Alex 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:21 am

^ It looks disgusting but it isnt a major injury, i would be extremely surprised if he doesn't play at all again this season, but I guess we just have to wait for the injury report.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:21 am

What'sinaname wrote:
Lazza wrote:
.............ward the club, Buckley and the fans. We have a poor record of being inpatient with the coach who doesn’t succeed under the definition of success only equaling a flag. 1 out of 18 chances each season. Tough.

What do you mean we have a poor record of being inpatient? We have the fewest number of coach appointments of all of the teams that entered the league in 1896.

Weideman and Cahill are the only coaches not to have at least 4 years since 1950.

I guess this depends on How you see posts by fans here rather than actual action taken by the club. I was not referring to the definition of measuring impatience by relating to the length of a coaches stay. I was referring to the impatience shown towards the current coach who has his detractors here mainly based on his non attainment of a flag during his time. There are fans who want Buckley replaced and that’s a right they have to make a comment espousing that view. I just happen to strongly disagree for the reasons I mentioned. This doesn’t mean that I’m right. Maybe the anti Buckley posters are totally correct in their views. I have always admired Buckley and Eddy and what they have achieved without the “ultimate success’” of winning us a flag in Buckley’s case. If that is the ultimate measure of success, Buckley has failed. If other achievements are part of the measurement, Buckley has had a lot of success eg. clearing out those whose social life interfered with their professional duties at the club.
There are always two or more sides to every story but in general terms, one side is mentioned consistently while the other view is not. This is an attempt to balance the view.

jatsad 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:41 am

Raw Hammer wrote:
jatsad wrote:

he has a double handed ball drop. There is no hope for him.

He can be retrained.
If Casboult can do it, anyone can.

masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:49 am

This programming is very interesting.
Footy every night is great.
I wonder if the AFL is looking to increasing the amount of footy games being played with shortened quarters in the future
Great for money and T V ratings.
There is a buck here.[/quote]
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:36 am

Given we went into this game missing Pendles, De Goey and Howe and then lost Hoskin-Elliott, Treloar and Quaynor, I thought it was a magnificent and gutsy victory.

Our main problem seems to be the lack of a genuine power forward. Cox never improved as we all had hoped, Cameron is a back up player and Reid is about to retire. I actually thought young Ruscoe played pretty well and I was especially impressed by his toughness. He's a goer.

Stephenson's poor form continues, but he has all the talent, so he'll eventually find form again. We desperately need De Goey back.

Our midfield is obviously suffering from the absence of our best player and captain. Without Pendles, our ball movement is rather shambolic. I'm not yet convinced of Callum Brown's worth, but at least the kid has some speed and burrows in. Unfortunately, his disposals lack the necessary polish we desperately need.

It's great to see Daicos improve this year, as I was beginning to think he might be delisted at season's end. As his confidence grows and he gets physically stronger, we should expect his class to shine more often.

Sier was pretty good too and should only improve.

Grundy is phenomenal. I can't say any more about him.

Anyway, our cupboard must be almost bare, but we will need replacements for 3 players now. At least we should have Mayne and Varcoe available and I'd expect Broomhead to get a recall.

Our season's still in the balance, so all is not lost. We are still in it and should improve from here. Go Pies!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 8 of 12   

Jump to: