Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Andrews and the CFA

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:06 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

eddiesmith wrote:

The ONLY thing the reform did was make the UFU’s workload drastically decrease as they only have to negotiate with one employer, only one commissioner they have to bend over a barrel every few years.

All because they provided very expensive boots on the ground to get Andrews elected in 2014 and risked the safety of all Victorians in the lead up by refusing to work.

And that right there is the nub of the issue.

Any organisational restructure designed to appease a union is guaranteed not to work, so lets see how reality works rather than the ill informed opinions of suburban lefties who have utterly NFI about the bush.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:12 pm

stui magpie wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:

The ONLY thing the reform did was make the UFU’s workload drastically decrease as they only have to negotiate with one employer, only one commissioner they have to bend over a barrel every few years.

All because they provided very expensive boots on the ground to get Andrews elected in 2014 and risked the safety of all Victorians in the lead up by refusing to work.

And that right there is the nub of the issue.

Any organisational restructure designed to appease a union is guaranteed not to work, so lets see how reality works rather than the ill informed opinions of suburban lefties who have utterly NFI about the bush.

Which is another key reason it worked, there are people who live in urban rural fringe that hate the idea that something called the Country Fire Authority exists in their area.

To them it is completely irrelevant or they are just completely unaware that the CFA provides full time, professional firefighters who are at worst as well trained as their MFB cousins, but instead they painted a picture that urban Melbourne was being protected by country volunteers...
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:29 pm

There’s quite a few CFA who welcome the changes from the CFA not just the noisy few who feel outraged.

There needs to be some accountability and having a single fire service is not only a rational act but makes for coherent lines of management and responsibility.

Individual fiefdoms are a relic of the past.

Need to wait a few years for it to be reviewed and assessed. At this point in the proceedings it’s like tasting a cake that hasn’t cooked yet. But I can understand that change is hard to accept despite the obvious overwhelming mandate for change.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:46 am

So where is the single fire service? We have the same amount of fire services we had previously.

Also plenty of people who accepted it or thought were stuck with it and we’ll make it work very quickly changed tune when the reality sunk in that everything the Government told us was a lie.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:24 pm

Thank god the twice elected premier of Victoria the right honourable Daniel Andrews took on the unaccountable fiefdoms of the CFA:

...Members of the Country Fire Authority have raised concerns about derogatory and misogynistic behaviour after a number of offensive videos emerged, including footage of a former lieutenant exposing himself during an online brigade meeting.

Footage seen by The Age shows the former CFA lieutenant, who is wearing a shirt with the organisation’s logo on it, standing up and exposing himself at the end of a brigade meeting held via Zoom last April...

We know there is more than this going on which hasn't made the media (yet)

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/claims-of-misogynistic-culture-at-cfa-after-offensive-footage-emerges-20210317-p57bhw.html

On of the problems is the State Goverment hasn't gone far enough. Volunteers need to be managed & the CFA isn't up to it. A shame as most volunteer fire fighters are genuine but too many live in the 19th century let alone the 21st. Change for anybody is hard enough but change in a conservative male bastion can be harder.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:48 pm

Your desperation to make Dandrews look good knows no bounds. Laughing Laughing
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:29 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Your desperation to make Dandrews look good knows no bounds. Laughing Laughing

Nah, the behaviour of the CFA (as above) do enough on their own; doesn’t need me.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:18 am

I’d like you to explain how removing all career firefighters from the CFA has fixed cultural issues?

Or are you saying the entire problem in CFA is union members and the CFA is better without them?

Because otherwise your posts on this matter show a complete lack of understanding of what has actually happened.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:53 pm

You’re right the changes so far have not gone to cultural change and needs to. There ought to be a root and branch investigation/enquiry not for punishment but to address issues facing the CFA (and the MFB) to (dare I say) move forward & to examine the issues facing fire fighters now and into the future.

There will need to be simple things, practical things like women’s toilets to assist in the recruitment of women etc. let alone an audit of what exists where, how the culture is at every station / area / region.

They also need to address the issues associated with climate change, burn offs etc as noted by the Royal Commission into bushfires (relatively) recently released in NSW and see how this fits to address change.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:04 pm

None of which is happening under Andrew’s reforms.

His reforms you love to trumpet were solely handing complete control of a new fire service to the union so they can make more money and work less.

To achieve that he abolished the MFB, removed career firefighters from the CFA and that’s it. No reforms to the way they operate, other than banning CFA from doing certain functions which has resulted in large delays and criminals walking free. Also removed the ability for career firefighters to respond to bushfires, lucky for him ScoMo fixed the climate so we didn’t have a fire season.

Btw every fire station I’ve ever visited already has female toilets. The only ones who don’t have no toilets at all. But there’s no money from Andrew’s for CFA, it all goes to FRV.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:37 pm

eddiesmith wrote:

Btw every fire station I’ve ever visited already has female toilets. The only ones who don’t have no toilets at all. But there’s no money from Andrew’s for CFA, it all goes to FRV.

The fire season ain’t over yet.

Toilets are a must: it’s a simple measure but one of the biggest impediments to women’s participation in any endeavour.

The other thing is teaching the CFA to remember to put the handbrake on when parked. I still remember the stories in NE Victoria when Handbrake Harry forgot to put it on the brand new truck fundraised in the NE and it rolled off a peak 😉😜😂

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:41 pm

Why do you need separate male and female toilets?

Just have closed off unisex dunny's with a handbasin like every frigging house has.

Office buildings that have shower facilities don't have separate male and female ones, it's just a shower facility.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:05 pm

Actually the fire season is over, the fire danger period is being removed across most of the state and planned burns have been going for weeks.

What they need to teach FRV is to ensure the station doors are actually open before driving out. Been an amazing number of trucks driven into the doors at staffed stations!!!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:18 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Why do you need separate male and female toilets?

Just have closed off unisex dunny's with a handbasin like every frigging house has.

Office buildings that have shower facilities don't have separate male and female ones, it's just a shower facility.

thats all well and good if the penis's aim is accurate

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:38 pm

^

I worked for 6 years in a building that had 2 toilet cubicles for 50 people. 1 Unisex abled and 1 unisex disabled. Since we didn't have any disabled people, both were available and both sexes used them.

Poor aim isn't exclusive to men. You'd reckon women couldn't miss a target they're sitting on, but apparently it's quite possible.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: