Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

List Management Targets

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 82, 83, 84  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:15 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Matt Crouch?
Let’s just chase every players other clubs don’t want!

I would far rather they do this than sit on their arse and do nothing while other clubs improve their lists. The fact is that we have many players that need replacing by better players. It is a must do thing.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:19 pm

Presti35 wrote:
Is it possible we go for two forwards?

Could we trade for Gunston and Brown? Does that work? Will they work together?

At age 28 and 29, we'd need to push for the flag in the next two seasons, otherwise we're back at square one.

Yes, Hawks might trade for Cox given they like to play two rucks, McEvoy and Ceglar swapping between ruck and forward.

McEvoy will be 32 next year.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:20 pm

Heard a Rumor that we might Trade Phillips to Freo for Connor Blakey
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:35 pm

Pick a FF and go for him;

-Joe Daniher (26).
Why? His best is unbelievable. As a free agent, it costs nothing pick/player wise. Why not? His recent injury history is not great. And his paycheck might be too costly. Gut feeling: We're not in his calculations.

-Jeremy Cameron (27).
Why? He's a star. And is a free agent. Why not? His contract is just way too high. Geelong have been linked. Will he leave GWS? Gut feeling: We can't offer a higher offer than other clubs. He'll stay a Giant and if he was to go elsewhere, it won't be Collingwood.

-Ben Brown (27).
Why? Should be an easier trade to make. Kicks straight and capable of kicking 50 a season. Why not? Recent form and injury. Is not a contested marker. Gut feeling: He will be a Collingwood player next year.

-Tom McDonald (28 ).
Why and why not? I really dunno about him. Dees may trade for cheap? Gut feeling: Depends on the price, but I think we'd pass.

-Peter Wright (24).
Why? Could be anything. Can replace Cox. Is really fkn tall. Why not? Is yet to show what he can really do. Gut feeling; Fallen behind others at Suns, we're in this. But whats his price? And is he going to answer our woes? I have doubts.

-Jesse Hogan (25).
Why? Can be a mega star. Why not? Has seemed to lose interest and has off field issues including smoking and lack of commitment. Gut feeling? He wants to stay with Freo and will.

-Jack Gunston (28 ).
Why? He's a certified goal kicker and contested mark. Why not? He isnt what you call a real FF and is getting a bit older now. Gut feeling: This ship sailed three seasons ago. Sounding like he's not a real option and will remain a Hawk.

-Cam McCarthy (25).
Why? An option as a Rookie Draft prospect. Why not? Commitment issues. Gut Feeling: Will not be on an AFL list in 2021.

-Paddy McCartin (24).
Why? Still young and could become anything as a rookie draft prospect. Why not? The health risk for him is far to great. Gut feeling: Will not be on an AFL list in 2021.

-Taylor Walker (30).
Why? A next to nothing trade target. Why not? He's too old and his form is not getting better. Gut feeling: Will play out his career at Adelaide and retire before 2022.

Who knows what to think? Everyone that's available has some kind of baggage or doubt attached. I think I'd prefer Hogan as I believe we're out of the Daniher/Cameron race. Above all, we need to re-sign De Goey, Moore, Mihocek and Daicos. Once they're done we can move on our chosen FF.

Sicks Bux Sagittarius

Hal 2003-2019

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:14 pm

Sicks Bux wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
We should start by trading out Treloar and Adams. They are both past their Collingwood use-by date.

Why do you think they're past their use by dates?

Adams made the All Australian Team. Do you still think he's past his use-by date?

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:43 pm

Yes, of course.

IMO, he lacks skill and, in particular, never does anything special with ball in hand.

I expect him to win the Copeland, too but, IMO, neither he nor Treloar is good enough in their position to help Collingwood win a flag. I consider that they command too much of the ball but do too little with it when they have it and that they are also next to useless defensively when their opponents get the pill in the midfield.

It's just a view. Other people are entitled to a different one.

Hopefully, Adams will suddenly prove me completely wrong and turn into an incisive ball-magnet who cuts the West Coast backline to ribbons, rather than a guy the opposition don't bother tagging because they couldn't care less how much he gets the ball.
Sicks Bux Sagittarius

Hal 2003-2019

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:46 pm

Apparently the All Australian selectors care about how much he gets the ball. Wink
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:39 am

Don't mind Tom McDonald
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:41 pm

https://omny.fm/shows/the-rub/triple-m-trade-tracker-tom-brownes-trade-period-pr
Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:00 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
https://omny.fm/shows/the-rub/triple-m-trade-tracker-tom-brownes-trade-period-pr

* Brisbane Lions leading the chase for Joe Daniher. Essendon expecting an answer mid next week.

* Zac Williams very likely to get to Carlton. Big money deal.

* Gunston will stay at Hawthorn.

* Suspect over Ben Brown form and questions over why North offer a contract and then nothing.

* Nothing on Collingwood other than we're after a forward which could include Ben Brown.

* Zach Merrett won't be traded by Essendon, even if he wants it.

* Adam Saad been offered a deal from Essendon. But he wants success and is frustrated with Essendon.

I stopped listening because they're not telling us anything we dont already know....

Sicks Bux Sagittarius

Hal 2003-2019

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:13 am

Piesnchess wrote:
Fact is, our forward line at present is not worth a burnt piece of toast, and Ben Brown could only spark it up a fair bit. Just saying.

Our forward line would've looked a lot better this year if JDG hadn't got injured. Had that've been the case I wonder if people would still be so keen on Brown?

As an aside I looked at what we gave up to get Adam Treloar. It was pick 7 from the 2015 draft and pick 7 from the 2016 draft. Those picks were eventually used to pick up Jacob Hopper and Jack Scrimshaw.

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:20 pm

Dave The Man wrote:

Longmuir connection. Doesn’t his brother play there (or is that GC)?
Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:30 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

Longmuir connection. Doesn’t his brother play there (or is that GC)?

Ed Phillips plays for the Saints. Ed Langdon used to play for Freo, but now Melbourne.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:52 pm

Brandon Matera has been cut by Fremantle. A genuine goalsneak, crumber, annoying forward line pest in the Milne/Papley mould. I was keen a few years back, before Fremantle grabbed him. By memory he kicked some small bags to start his first season at Fremantle. I think another one of the ‘old school’ forwards who like to kick goals but not chase the other way. Could do worse. I’d take a punt at the right (cheap) price. 28 years old, so doesn’t fit Fremantle’s new youth policy.
K 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:54 pm

Paddy McCartin is ready, willing and able to return to the AFL

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/former-st-kilda-saint-paddy-mccartin-is-ready-willing-and-able-to-return-to-the-afl-20200925-p55z35.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 82, 83, 84  Next
Page 41 of 84   

Jump to: