Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

List Management Targets

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 82, 83, 84  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BenBronx 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:24 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Former Collingwood recruiter Matt Rendell believes the club could bring in contracted Melbourne forward Tom McDonald this trade period, claiming Mason Cox’s future is uncertain.

McDonald has two years to run on a lucrative deal at the Dees, but reports heading into the trade period suggest he is tradable should the club find the right suitor, with Ben Brown’s impending arrival set to make the 28-year-old’s spot in the side even more uncertain.

Speaking on Trade Radio, Rendell said McDonald was firming as an option for the Pies in a move that could free up cap space if Cox were to find a new home.

“My mail is he could end up at the Pies as a replacement for Mason Cox who it sounds like they’re pushing out the door,” he said.

“Cox is on $600,000 roughly next year because they pushed money out to keep their TPP (total player payments) in order. Tom McDonald signed a really good contract in 2018 and has one more year left at $700,000 I think.

“Melbourne probably pay some of McDonald’s salary I think so Collingwood come out of it (paying a bit less). Watch this space - it’s not a fait accompli but just watch this space.”

It looms as a significant trade period for Collingwood as the futures of Adam Treloar, Jaidyn Stephenson, Tom Phillips and Cox are all under clouds despite all having contracts for 2021.
BenBronx 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:25 am

Collingwood are reportedly open to parting with their 2021 first-round draft pick, in another sign the club is set to be one of the most active this trade period.

Foxfooty.com.au has confirmed AFL Media‘s report that the Pies would be willing to deal for its future first-round selection, given the club is set to pickup father-son prodigy Nick Daicos, who could go with pick No.1.

Collingwood are arguably set to be the most intriguing side in the upcoming trade period, not least because of uncertainty surrounding Adam Treloar’s future, despite the 27-year-old being contracted until 2025.

Contracted teammates Tom Phillips and Jaidyn Stephenson are two others who appear to have fallen out of favour with the club in 2020.

Heading into this year’s draft, Collingwood hold picks 16, 38, 41, 74 and 91.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:30 am

Tom McDonald to Collingwood a "watch this space"

https://twitter.com/1116sen/status/1323394343680442368

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:32 pm

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
I’m hearing that Treloar won’t be moved on after all. He’s made it very clear to the club he won’t move interstate and will not take a penny less than his contract states no matter what club he’s at so we might likely be chipping in a too big of chunk to make it worth our while. This has been a disaster from the moment the story broke
But we are still in need of cap space and the rumour I’m hearing is

Sidebottom and pick 14 to Crows
Pick 8 & 20 to us
Crows want some experience in there young midfield group and want outside run. We want to be active in draft and need salary cap relief and we have more than enough to cover his departure

With picks 8 & 20 we might be able to deal with Suns to get pick 5 and some later picks upgraded for us
Suns have made it known pick 5 is available if they get a good player or the right deal so why not get as high up the draft as we can

I’d be happy to do that deal only if Sidebottom was agreeable and wanted the challenge of moving to Adelaide. On Treloar, he’s perfectly entitled to keep Collingwood to the contract he signed with them. This is a totally different situation to the the 1980’s when the club faced bankruptcy. Collingwood’s current situation is totally self inflicted and has nothing to do with Treloar.

The problem with that as an alternative is that we are understood to have Treloar on our books at about $900,000 for another 5 years. Sidebottom apparently renegotiated his contract to run until 2022 to ease our salary cap (see: https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/new-deals-for-sidebottom-and-others-help-pies-salary-cap-20181129-p50j85.html). So, at most, we have him for 2 more years. I have no special knowledge of his salary - but such information as one can find indicates it is around $500,000. That's probably correct, because it was widely reported that the 5-year contract he signed in 2016 would see him paid $2.75 mil over 5 seasons (so, $550,000 per year). If he extended it to ease our cap difficulties, presumably he is paid less, on average, than that. It could be done as well, if that's what's wanted - but it can't be done instead.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:46 pm

mattdally wrote:
The only decent McGovern plays for the Eagles.
The one at the Blues does not know how to play.

The key is that the Carlton McGovern is cheap and we can afford him.

That’s not the key.
Isn’t the key somehow related to being good enough to play AFL football?
Carlton made an obviously bad decision when they recruited him. If he ended up at our club, and played for nothing, then we would still be worse off as he would take the position of an actual AFL level player.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:34 pm
Post subject: Paddy McCartin to the PIES!!!Reply with quote

I'm just getting the topic ready, forget the Blues...
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:35 pm

Oh for crying out loud, one more head knock and he’s retired!!!
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:36 pm

lalalalalala I can't hear you... lalalalalala
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:39 pm

FFS I'm soooooooooo tired of waiting for what our club is 'actually' going to do this trade period its driving me nuts.... I mean ultimately I want us to succeed but not knowing if we're taking the high or low road is a weeee bit frustrating...
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:43 pm

Haha it’ll be like watching Moore play before Dr Hans did his magic, every time he went near the ball I closed my eyes and expected his hammies to go ping! I won’t be able to watch McCartin
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:54 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Haha it’ll be like watching Moore play before Dr Hans did his magic, every time he went near the ball I closed my eyes and expected his hammies to go ping! I won’t be able to watch McCartin
Fair enough dude, but i really do hope him all the best where ever he goes.. I just hope he goes us (cause if all things went well he'd suit us well) and he doen't have any issues - think of him lifting the cup wearing a pies jumper and what that would mean to all of us... anyway dare to dream...
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:02 pm

5 from the wing on debut wrote:
mattdally wrote:

That’s not the key.
Carlton made an obviously bad decision when they recruited him. If he ended up at our club, and played for nothing, then we would still be worse off as he would take the position of an actual AFL level player.

I’ve been watching McGovern at Carlton. He’s a natural back man like his brother. I’ve no idea why Carlton are playing him in the forward line. He wouldn’t be a bad replacement for Reid (as a defender). If we get Tom McDonald, start McDonald in the forward line. Our tall stocks start to look a bit better.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:33 pm

With less than 24 hours until trades start;

My wish list is:
* A top 5 pick (To use on L. McDonald or W. Phillips).
* Enough points for bids on Reef McInnes.
* T. McDonald for a reasonable price.
* Matera (Delisted Free Agent).
* J. Kelly (Crows) for a pick in the 60s.
* Cam McCarthy rookie drafted.
* Jordan Gallucci DFA or rookie drafted. (If he's delisted)

* An unlikely trade for Ed Richards & Dunkley. (That would make my year).
* An unlikely trade for Z Merrett. But willing to wait a year.

* A healthy and fair result in the Treloar saga.
* A fair contract for JDG.
* Keeping Stephenson.

I think T. McDonald will get done and I think we'll walk out of the draft with Reef McInnes. Everything else probably wont.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:53 pm

FWIW Carlton fan on bigfooty claiming our two clubs are working on a deal that would see our pick 16 and 2021 1st round selection traded in exchange for Carlton's pick 8 and 2021 2nd round selection.

I guess the theory is they turn one 1st round selection into two and offer either of them for Saad while we get a selection that should feature before any bid on Reef eventuates and gets points towards a bid on Daicos in 2021.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:06 pm

5 from the wing on debut wrote:
mattdally wrote:

That’s not the key.

I’ve been watching McGovern at Carlton. He’s a natural back man like his brother. I’ve no idea why Carlton are playing him in the forward line. He wouldn’t be a bad replacement for Reid (as a defender). If we get Tom McDonald, start McDonald in the forward line. Our tall stocks start to look a bit better.

Unfortunately, McGovern suffers from a well known medical complaint.
He’s allergic to weight rooms and training cones.
He’s 191cm. I will let you decide if that’s tall or not.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 82, 83, 84  Next
Page 72 of 84   

Jump to: