Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

To the Zillennials: A Warning

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:48 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

^ yes, but normally Carlton are collecting their 5th win around Round 21, not Round 9.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:55 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Carlton are probably now closer than us to a flag, and I expect the difference to grow over the next few years as Carlton have something like 16 Round 1 players on their list.

Bluescum had more NO. 1 and early picks like Gibbs, Murphy, Kruzer etc and got Judd, and still didnt get anywhere, i dont rate their list that much, Casboult will always be a hack, and Betts is near the end, Murphy is a peaheart, as many Blues fans admit, only Cripps and Curnow r real stars.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:01 pm

Another good read; still valid...
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:32 pm

The opening post makes for a depressing read, so I'm not sure I should thank you Cam. Confused

After experiencing first hand our 1970 GF debacle against the filth, I know only too well that Cam speaks the truth.

I have been waiting over 50 years since then to inflict revenge on these phucking rats in a Grannie. Until that happens I will remain forever deeply scarred. Please Pies, bury this mob.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:54 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
The opening post makes for a depressing read, so I'm not sure I should thank you Cam. Confused

After experiencing first hand our 1970 GF debacle against the filth, I know only too well that Cam speaks the truth.

I have been waiting over 50 years since then to inflict revenge on these phucking rats in a Grannie. Until that happens I will remain forever deeply scarred. Please Pies, bury this mob.

I think we'll all be pushing up daises [no pun intended] next time these two teams fight for a GF spot in an 18 team comp.

1970, 1979 and 1981 are scars that will never heal, but the hatred will always linger.

thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:05 pm

piedys wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

I think we'll all be pushing up daises [no pun intended] next time these two teams fight for a GF spot in an 18 team comp.

1970, 1979 and 1981 are scars that will never heal, but the hatred will always linger.

Yes it is true that the scars of 70, 79 and 81 never heal. The fact that we knocked them out in semi finals in 78, 80 and 83 was small consolation, but at least it was something to gloat over them.

This century though has been beautiful and quite frankly I don't care if we ever play them in a GF. To see the Blues win 5 spoons, not playing in a preliminary or GF for over 20 years and to finally edge ahead of them in the head to head count is good enough for me.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:49 pm

You were warned. Apocalypse now. And you thought the pandemic was bad.
duggieboy 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:50 am

That was quick Cam but when I saw they won last night & who they beat, I did wonder if Nicks noticed. Sure enough, you noticed & many of us more vintage ones will have.

It will still be real among the older supporters, but is it still actually "a thing" with the clubs?

Haven't been in Aussie for a long while so not sure......

Doesn't mean I don't care though!!
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:14 am

I don't much care for it - but it's only the 25th of March.
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:30 am

And they still have to add Walsh to that midfield. So so depressing. Couple of my mates have already started. God I hope and prey the wheels fall off the bandwagon and quickly.

They are not playing 4 qtrs yet. And I hope they remain incapable of that throughout the season ……..but I fear it’s only a matter of time.

My wounds are deep enough they never became scars.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:55 am

^ Walsh played last night, so that's one "improvement" they don't have.

I've got to say, I'm sorry we didn't trade Treloar to them - on last night's showing, he would have looked brilliant in a navy blue jumper handballing backwards (he had one of those stat-padding 11 kick, 21 handball games I used to love so much when he was doing it to us) and letting people break through his tackles.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:53 am

Well the upside is Essendon lost their first game. So if one goes up and one goes down I can live with that. Carlton have a head start with their rebuild over us. Even if we beat Adelaide on Saturday we have a lot of catching up to do. McRae isn’t a miracle man. There are still holes in our lineup that Carlton doesn’t have. It still grates with me that we had two dips in the draft before Carlton took Cripps. It’s those sort of things that kill you over the journey.
#26 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:54 am

duggieboy wrote:
That was quick Cam but when I saw they won last night & who they beat, I did wonder if Nicks noticed. Sure enough, you noticed & many of us more vintage ones will have.

It will still be real among the older supporters, but is it still actually "a thing" with the clubs?

Haven't been in Aussie for a long while so not sure......

Doesn't mean I don't care though!!

The current players don't care about Carlton. I've heard numerous players over the past few years say they think it's more of a big deal for the fans than it is for them. I even heard one player say "we get on quite well with the Carlton boys" Of course that could all change if the Blues' supporters get up and about and start giving it to them big time over the fence.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:10 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
^ Walsh played last night, so that's one "improvement" they don't have.

I've got to say, I'm sorry we didn't trade Treloar to them - on last night's showing, he would have looked brilliant in a navy blue jumper handballing backwards (he had one of those stat-padding 11 kick, 21 handball games I used to love so much when he was doing it to us) and letting people break through his tackles.

Players in their best 22 players who were missing, were Cerra and Jack Martin. They’re certainly up and about, even McGovern has found a role.
The good news is, as long as Oscar McDonald is getting a game, you know they still have a bit of work to do.

Last edited by Pies2016 on Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total
uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:36 am

I HATE carlton.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9   

Jump to: