Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

To the Zillennials: A Warning

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:43 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate playing Carlton. I feel sick every time I'm walking to the ground. We've all been there when their song kicks in after they've won. There will always be many people looking for trouble too.

Knowing the pain they caused my Dad and many others in the 70's and 80's, I could never like them. I could never go for them in a big game or really any game. Never. (edit; sometimes I'd prefer they beat Essendon, but thats about it).

I cant imagine what it would be like to knock them off in a Grannie... That would be the ultimate thing that could possibly happen in football. For me anyway.

Sicks Bux Sagittarius

Hal 2003-2019

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:51 pm

Jezza wrote:
Magpiefan3 wrote:
What is the overall head to head count between Carlton and Collingwood?

Played: 257

Won: 126
Draw: 4
Lost: 127

Need 2 more wins to surpass them.

Probably one of the things that makes Eddie stay on as President is wanting to be there when we overtake Carlton in the head to head to count. Have we ever been ahead of Carlton in the head to head count? If so when was the last time we were?
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:14 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
David wrote:
I hope this won't get me "cancelled", but I actually don't mind Carlton and find myself barracking for them most weeks in neutral matches – the underdog effect, I guess. It's been a long time since I've felt any hatred for them; I did when I was a kid, but that was, what, late '90s/2000?

Of course if they become a powerhouse again it'll be a different story, and they'd better not make it to flag 17 before we do. Evil or Very Mad

You deserve to be tag team turkey slapped by Laurence Angwin and Stephen Kernahan.

While Sticks is drunkenly singing "Stand by your man". Make it happen. Laughing Laughing

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:37 pm

David wrote:
I hope this won't get me "cancelled", but I actually don't mind Carlton and find myself barracking for them most weeks in neutral matches – the underdog effect, I guess. It's been a long time since I've felt any hatred for them; I did when I was a kid, but that was, what, late '90s/2000?

Of course if they become a powerhouse again it'll be a different story, and they'd better not make it to flag 17 before we do. Evil or Very Mad

i always said if i wasnt black and white id be carlton, the only other team worthy of my dying devotion - probably something to do with the universal hate from other teams and supporters,

although i will never forgive Wayne harmes!!!

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:26 pm

Sicks Bux wrote:
Probably one of the things that makes Eddie stay on as President is wanting to be there when we overtake Carlton in the head to head to count. Have we ever been ahead of Carlton in the head to head count? If so when was the last time we were?

Yes we've been ahead of them. The last time it happened was in 1981.

Carlton were ahead of us by 14 wins in 2002, and 13 wins in 2005 so at least we're catching up now.

stui magpie wrote:
While Sticks is drunkenly singing "Stand by your man". Make it happen. Laughing Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzA2nFklDo4

Magpiefan3 Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:35 pm

Jezza wrote:
Sicks Bux wrote:

Yes we've been ahead of them. The last time it happened was in 1981.

Carlton were ahead of us by 14 wins in 2002, and 13 wins in 2005 so at least we're catching up now.

stui magpie wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzA2nFklDo4

I think we would have been in front of the head to head if in:
2012 (Did not lose both matches)
2016 (Lost once I think)
2017 (Lost for our anniversary match)

Please Collingwood beat Carlton this year to equal the head to head!

2017-2019 Player Sponsor for Lynden Dunn
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:39 pm

David, TP and Derkd; you should all hang your collective heads in shame (if not a mask)

Shame, shame, shame.

AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:15 am

David wrote:
I hope this won't get me "cancelled", but I actually don't mind Carlton and find myself barracking for them most weeks in neutral matches...

WTF!? I can’t believe I’m reading this. That’s worse than Sidey getting pissed in season.

Look do the right thing and give yourself a yellow, otherwise you lose all credibility.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:02 am

think positive wrote:
David wrote:

i always said if i wasnt black and white id be carlton, the only other team worthy of my dying devotion - probably something to do with the universal hate from other teams and supporters,

Bit before your time i think T P, but if you knew the pain an utter devastation of losing the 1970 GF, near 8 goals up against these bastards, and we lost, you would loathe them with every ounce of your being, l cried my eyes out that night, thankfully i was not there. add to that the horrors of 79 GF, and slob Harmes, and 81, and our century game, and our 125 anniversery game, nah, i hate their guts and always will. Im actually quite surprised you say that, my hate them above any other team, even the dopers and tigers, i always love it when they lose. Shocked Razz

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:26 am

stui magpie wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
David wrote:

You deserve to be tag team turkey slapped by Laurence Angwin and Stephen Kernahan.

I want to work Jon Doretich in there too.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:27 am

watt price tully wrote:
David, TP and Derkd; you should all hang your collective heads in shame (if not a mask)

Shame, shame, shame.

Cue John Hurt’s chest exploding and a small, voracious Wayne Johnston sticking his head up.
Sicks Bux Sagittarius

Hal 2003-2019

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:29 am

think positive wrote:
David wrote:

I'd barrack for Port Adelaide if I didn't barrack for Collingwood.
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:10 pm

If Collingwood only win two games in a year and the are against the scum then that year was not wasted.
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:38 pm

I couldn't care less if we are 100 games ahead head-to-head while we're still 1 flag behind
npalm 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:53 pm

^ We are level on 15 flags apiece.

I suspect you are making the common mistake of counting the 1995 flag for Carlton. In the righteous universe the cheating scum were stripped of this flag after they were caught deliberately breaking the salary cap.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9   

Jump to: