Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Ben Brown

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Uncle Jack Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:57 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Presti35 wrote:
^^
Watts should sue Melbourne FC for exploiting him.

Melbourne supporters should sue their club for picking Watts instead of Nic Nat with Pick 1
K 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:00 pm

Uncle Jack wrote:
Melbourne supporters should sue their club for picking Watts instead of Nic Nat with Pick 1

We might have to sue Melbourne FC for not picking Nic Nat, if he pantses Grundy in the elim. final.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:02 pm

NicNat and Gawn just made the AA team... Gee whizz, where would Gawn be if not at Melbourne? Actually, Nic Nat would have been traded to WA in all honesty.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:58 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
I see those most against Brown initially, are now warming too him, i guess they realise finally, after the last few games, our forward line is a potent as a burnt crumpet, and bout as bloody useful. Get Brown. !

You obviously read what's posted rather selectively. That's not what I take from reading the thread at all.

Perhaps you might deal with the objective facts. In particular, despite your recollection that he put us to the sword 2 years back, he actually kicked 0.4 in the pertinent game (actually last year at Docklands) and has kicked just 4.9 in 5 career outings against Collingwood. What that you have seen actually makes him a desirable trade acquisition?

All i recall of that bloody miserable Docklands game was him dominating us, im not sure what he kicked but he sure brought the other North forwards right into the game, they were all over us. Look,he topped the Coleman that year, 60 goals plus, sure he takes a long run up, but if hes on song, hes a long and straight kick, if our bloody centres can extract the digit, and give him some good delivery, and if hes fully fit, who knows what he can do ? Worth a punt in my book. Confused

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:03 am

I also heard today on the grapevine, both the hawks and suns have lost interest in going after Ben, Suns have King they want to develop, and Hawks want to rebuild. So its only us now, according to what i heard, to get Ben, if the price is right, and we can make way for him,with retirements and de listings. So, i guess the ball is now in our court.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:37 am

Piesnchess wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
I see those most against Brown initially, are now warming too him, i guess they realise finally, after the last few games, our forward line is a potent as a burnt crumpet, and bout as bloody useful. Get Brown. !

You obviously read what's posted rather selectively. That's not what I take from reading the thread at all.

Perhaps you might deal with the objective facts. In particular, despite your recollection that he put us to the sword 2 years back, he actually kicked 0.4 in the pertinent game (actually last year at Docklands) and has kicked just 4.9 in 5 career outings against Collingwood. What that you have seen actually makes him a desirable trade acquisition?

All i recall of that bloody miserable Docklands game was him dominating us, im not sure what he kicked but he sure brought the other North forwards right into the game, they were all over us. Look,he topped the Coleman that year, 60 goals plus, sure he takes a long run up, but if hes on song, hes a long and straight kick, if our bloody centres can extract the digit, and give him some good delivery, and if hes fully fit, who knows what he can do ? Worth a punt in my book. Confused

Yes, well, as I posted above, he kicked 0.4 “dominating” us. I suppose he’d fit right in with our forwards but I don’t see him improving us. You don’t want blokes who kick big bags against spud teams, you want blokes that have the ability to kick a solid 3 or 4 (goals) against any opposition.
mattdally 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:56 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Yes, well, as I posted above, he kicked 0.4 “dominating” us. I suppose he’d fit right in with our forwards but I don’t see him improving us. You don’t want blokes who kick big bags against spud teams, you want blokes that have the ability to kick a solid 3 or 4 (goals) against any opposition.

This.
It's why it was extremely disappointing to miss on Tom Lynch.
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:42 am

I have no objections if the price is right. Another big body in the forward line while Stewart develops.

Leigh Brown-esque?
Sicks Bux Sagittarius

Hal 2003-2019

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:54 am

Presti35 wrote:
NicNat and Gawn just made the AA team... Gee whizz, where would Gawn be if not at Melbourne? Actually, Nic Nat would have been traded to WA in all honesty.

So Grundy has fallen behind Nic Nat and Gawn in the pecking order according to the AA selectors. That's disappointing.

derkd 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:05 pm

Lazza wrote:
derkd wrote:
Firstly. THE ONLY reason collingwood would bring in Ben Brown is if they are sure we are in the window for a premership inside the next 2 years.

Using the same rationale, I say bring him in if the club thinks they can have a tilt at the flag over the next two years. Also if this happens, we will be able to send off Pendles with a premiership. It might be an amazing turn of events based on this one act of recruitment genius. I say go for it and see what happens. Take a calculated risk.

If I may put a counter argument. IF we get Brown and it doesn't work...we are for all intents and purposes throwing away the best years of Grundy, Adams, Moore, De Goey and Treloar, Maynard. As we will have to rebuild two years down the track. Although if we do have to do this not all those guys will hang around.

I suspect the club is more of your mindset, as I see we are chasing Gunston.

I think it is a big risk. We have more then key forward issues. I think we need a re-jig in the middle of the ground...and more speed in (what would we give for a Brad Hill type) inthe middle...And as such a younger forward would be a better option to buy time for a mini rebuild if we got it right it would.only take 1 at worst 2 drafts and we could be even more powerful again...in my view.

Anyway, over to Bucks and the club..they are the ones getting paid the big blg dollars. It's thier jobs if it fails.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:37 pm

derkd wrote:
what would we give for a Brad Hill type inthe middle....

Do you see Noble playing as a Brad Hill type?

derkd 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:52 pm

Lazza wrote:
derkd wrote:
what would we give for a Brad Hill type inthe middle....

Do you see Noble playing as a Brad Hill type?

Personally I dont, good honest player he is. He is not a speedster with x-factor that we need.

I get it Bucks doesn't like the jet player that
Also has the odd bad game, but at the same time is capable of turning a match in one act. He want the solid citizen type good trainer dependable.

We lack speed and flare on the middle.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:46 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

By "dominating" i meant our guys were so worried bout him, guarding him, the other North forwards cut us too shreds, he was a good decoy. Look, if we can get him fairly cheaply, i dont see much risk, providing of course, we re sign De Goey, and Moore, before any of this happens. Get him cheaply, who knows ? And look at Swans, they want Joe Daniher and hes injury prone, but u can bet they will land him, they are like that up there. Should we have had a go at Joe, who knows, but one thing is certain, our forward line is at present ineffective, and needs a real shot in the arm. Idea

Sicks Bux Sagittarius

Hal 2003-2019

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:29 am

^Having JDG back in the team and match fit will be a shot in the arm.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:57 am

Piesnchess wrote:
By "dominating" i meant our guys were so worried bout him, guarding him, the other North forwards cut us too shreds, he was a good decoy. Look, if we can get him fairly cheaply, i dont see much risk, providing of course, we re sign De Goey, and Moore, before any of this happens. Get him cheaply, who knows ? And look at Swans, they want Joe Daniher and hes injury prone, but u can bet they will land him, they are like that up there. Should we have had a go at Joe, who knows, but one thing is certain, our forward line is at present ineffective, and needs a real shot in the arm. Idea

So, now he's a "decoy"?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12   

Jump to: