Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Ben Brown

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:49 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Sicks Bux wrote:
^Not if it squeezes Moore or JDG out.

BUT assuming we lose bout 8 players, aka, Reid, Varks, Thomas, maybe Mayne, all retired , and some de listings, like Dunn, Shazza, Lynch, whatever, wont we then have room in our Cap ? Confused

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:17 pm

K wrote:
Ben Brown told to look for a new home

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/ben-brown-told-to-look-for-a-new-home-20200923-p55yj7.html

"Sources close to Brown's negotiations with North Melbourne have told The Age he was offered a three-year contract at the start of 2020 worth upwards of $750,000 per season.

Brown and his management rejected that offer, wanting a longer-term deal.

North Melbourne are no longer willing to renegotiate and have advised Brown and his management to look elsewhere.

Brown's manager, former Essendon premiership player Adam Ramanauskas, has reached out to Hawthorn, Collingwood and Gold Coast.

Hawthorn confirmed to The Age that they're not interested.

Collingwood's salary cap remains reasonably tight and the Magpies are concentrating on re-signing All-Australian squad member Darcy Moore and star mid/forward Jordan De Goey."

He’s manager is an idiot, 3 yrs @ $700k for a 28 y.o with a bad knee
and he knocked it back. He’d be lucky to get 500k now.
Sicks Bux Sagittarius

Hal 2003-2019

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:22 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Sicks Bux wrote:
^Not if it squeezes Moore or JDG out.

BUT assuming we lose bout 8 players, aka, Reid, Varks, Thomas, maybe Mayne, all retired , and some de listings, like Dunn, Shazza, Lynch, whatever, wont we then have room in our Cap ? Confused

I hope so. But we really have to get Moore and JDG to sign ASAP. Because if their contract negotiations are drawn out it's going to stuff us for the trade period.

Last edited by Sicks Bux on Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:29 pm

Offically out of North:

https://twitter.com/NMFCOfficial/status/1308708404551008256

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:57 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Offically out of North:

https://twitter.com/NMFCOfficial/status/1308708404551008256

We'll that's a dahhhhh

He'll 100% be wearing other colors next year.. maybe 50/50 ours

Leggie Aries

Bucks for PM.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:17 pm

Welcome Benny Boy. Welcome
Sicks Bux Sagittarius

Hal 2003-2019

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:42 pm

I guess if Mayne leaves well need to get Brown in to play the vegan role.
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:37 am

Happy to trade him for Elliott and Cox. Providing we get Rance, Jong, Brown, and Myers.
Uncle Jack Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:45 am

Malthouse lost confidence in Sav's knee and passed him on to North to enjoy a whole new career. Hopefully North returns the favour.
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:10 am

Piesnchess wrote:
IF we can get Ben Brown at a reasonable price, i say do it. Look, ok he had a lousy year, as did North, but two yrs ago, at Docklands, i saw him tear us apart, as did his team

His team tore us apart with their pressure and attack at the ball. Like Essendon did earlier this year. Ben was the recipient of the benefit, not a participant. My head will explode if I have to watch his stupid runup every week instead of only 1-2 games a year

Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:10 am

For BB to be successful at the pies we would need to drastically change our game plan. Not sure we have the skill to hit up a leading forward also. Personally I think it’s a bridge to far.
blackmissionary Cancer

Lurker King

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:24 am

Pretty much. Most of his deal is taking marks on the lead, which means creating space for said lead. At the moment our style is slow, low quality entries inside 50, and relying on smaller forwards to keep the ball in the forward line.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:38 am

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
IF we can get Ben Brown at a reasonable price, i say do it. Look, ok he had a lousy year, as did North, but two yrs ago, at Docklands, i saw him tear us apart, as did his team

His team tore us apart with their pressure and attack at the ball. Like Essendon did earlier this year. Ben was the recipient of the benefit, not a participant. My head will explode if I have to watch his stupid runup every week instead of only 1-2 games a year

It isn't difficult to check to see whether our memories of past games might be a little wobbly in some respects.

Ben Brown has kicked just 4 goals 9 in 5 career games against Collingwood.

Five years ago, he kicked 0.2 from 3 marks and 9 disposals against us in a game at the MCG won by us by about 3 goals. His team had more inside 50s than Collingwood - but it was Elliot with 5.2 at the other end of the ground who was the difference in the forward line. Swanny's 32 disposals and 2 goals didn't hurt, either.

Four years ago, he kicked 2 goals from 1 mark and 11 disposals against us in a game at Docklands in which his team had 61 inside 50s (12 more than us), 10 more scoring shots and won by 40 points. At the other end, Jarryd Blair had 14 disposals and 2 marks, kicked 2 goals and laid 9 tackles.

Three years ago, he kicked 2 behinds against Collingwood in a match at Docklands where his team was thrashed by 9 goals. He had 6 disposals. He took 1 mark inside 50. At the other end of the ground our dominant tall forward, Jarryd Blair, kicked 3 goals, had 16 disposals and took 2 marks inside 50.

Two years ago, he played Collingwood at the MCG. He kicked 2.1 in a team that was thrashed by 11 goals. Both his goals came in a 5-minute stretch in the second quarter. At halftime, Collingwood led 13.3 to 5.6.

Last year, at Docklands (which may be the match PnC is actually referring to - because Brown flattered to deceive that day), he kicked 4 behinds only and had no goal assists. He did take 3 contested marks and 4 marks inside 50. North won very easily. North had 66 inside 50s to our 36. Ziebell kicked 3 of North's 11 goals and got 2 Brownlow votes. Cunnington got the 3 and Robbie Tarrant, playing back, got the 1. That game was played at a particularly low Collingwood ebb, during which we struggled to find enough fit players to field a defence (hence Scharenberg came into the team for his first game of the season, Langdon and Howe both being injured and Madgen having been tried and found wanting - at that stage - earlier in the year).

If we were making a fair assessment, would we want to bring that player into our team, especially on the back of a year ruined by injury and/or poor form, in which he has managed just 8 goals from 9 matches, after kicking 60+ in the previous 3 seasons?
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:17 am

He’ll be 29 next year
mattdally 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:13 pm

I don't think he makes us a better team.
The issue is and has been our ball movement and delivery into 50.
Could have Ablett Snr and Lockett in there and we would still stuff around with backwards possession.

We need better coaching and connection between mids - forwards.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 9 of 12   

Jump to: