Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies Destroy Hawks. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:35 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

IQ reminded me of a slicker version of a go who used to guy alright and kicked a memorable goal in the 2010 GF. Hopefully no mushrooms for him though.

Atu reminded me of a non-fumble version of Varcoe. Very exciting to watch that kid doing his stuff.

Kelly looks the goods, could have sworn i saw his hand hanging off and had the gag reflex. If it's just a disclocation... well good and bad, breaks possibly heal faster unless they are Nathan Brown of the Tigers style ew.

As good a game as I've seen from Treloar.

I thought Hawthorn threw more filth at us than the bombers did, cheap shots, niggles, but we stood up and smashed them in the packs like a line in the sand game. Much better than when we were second to the ball last week.

Last edited by Cam on Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:42 am; edited 1 time in total
BJ Aquarius

Harry C - The champion of the Harrys

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:41 am

Disgusting effort by the pies. How can we seriously consider ourselves as contenders when we fail to beat an undermanned Hawthorn team by less than 100 points. I am for one embarrassed by that shit effort
Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:00 am

BJ wrote:
Disgusting effort by the pies. How can we seriously consider ourselves as contenders when we fail to beat an undermanned Hawthorn team by less than 100 points. I am for one embarrassed by that shit effort

^ We were a bit more undermanned

Much better footy by the boys tonight. Much much better.

Looking forward to seeing more of Kelly and Atu. IQ was great.

Atu, IQ, Stevenson, Treloar, Crisp, Maynard, Varcoe. That's a fair bit of run right there. And Kelly and Moore are athletic for big men too. Add Flip and Sidey for endurance. Grundy too... WHE once he get's a wind up. JDG and Elliott are quick off the mark. Cal Brown too (I'll reserve my judgement on him til he's played his first 80 games)

There's 15 players right there with athleticism to keep the opponents on their toes. Not the lard arsed wombats of yesteryear, that's for sure.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:17 am

Brody “Quadzilla” Mihocek currently leads the Coleman Medal race.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:53 am

BJ wrote:

YOU just have to be related to Eddiesmith, two glass half empty drones who find no joy in life. Rolling Eyes

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:19 am

Piesnchess wrote:
BJ wrote:

YOU just have to be related to Eddiesmith, two glass half empty drones who find no joy in life. Rolling Eyes

I think there was a hint of sarcasm in that post.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:50 am

What a great win
Watched the game again this morning and noticed a few things I missed last night
1. Brodie M is a very under estimated player. Not only does he compete at all contests he gets too he also applies massive pressure. But tonight when Frawley and Sicily started there niggle on AB and kelly early he was guy who took it back to them (cox as well)
2. I wondered about the inclusions and how it would work. Well paint me green and call me Kermit. AB just looks like a gem (3rd term on the wing 3 bounces kicks it 45m to top of square to Cox no goal but smart play to lower his eyes instead on just having a ping) IQ looks so assured and his kicking WOW, kelly looks every part of the footballer we hoped he would be
3. Buckley use of Stephenson tonight was interesting. He rotated our quick players through the midfield all night and made the hawks look slow. He constantly changed our look so they couldn’t settle into a plan to stop us
4. Darcy Moore is a AA CHB in the making. Geez he’s impressive
5. Anyone who doubted Scharenberg class as footballer you need to watch this game again. His ability to read play is unbelievable. We all knew his foot skills were very good. He has slotted straight I to the backilne filling in for Howe and hasn’t missed a beat. If he can string games together he’s really going to make us stronger
6. Wills finally came of age IMO. He’s teased us before but tonight he played at a high level for 4 quarters.

Overall we played decent but I see massive growth still in this team
Getting games into AB IQ now and hopefully Rantall soon is only going to pay dividends later in the season
Add Sidey and JDG to this group and our running ability and that extra bit of flair the sky is the limit
We need to run the cats off there legs next week
I’m a happy magpie today
thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:20 am

I really enjoyed Bosenavulagi's debut last night.
He showed pace, tackling pressure and his hands were good in close.
More please.
TassiePie1990 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:44 am

Brodie Mihocek is an example of a mature player who has had to work hard for it and appreciates the pies giving him a shot. Best value for money player collingwood has had for a long time. (Has some highlights but keeps it simple and plays good tough football.)

Quaynor was a fantastic inclusion. He has similar speed to Noble but where Noble goes sideways, slows it down and is more calculated. IQ’s penetration in his kicking opens us up (especially important with the loss of Howe.)
The young players are likely to make mistakes playing aggressive football, but I think if we want to get back to that scoring machine of 2018, run and dare is the go.
I’m hoping Atu can turn into that pressure machine that has the opposition defence panicky when he is in the vicinity
Clifton Hill-Billy 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:42 am

Great to have a victory against a team and coach that have had our measure for so long, but it was really only the first quarter, Checkers and Moore that made the difference. We should have iced the game in the second quarter but didn't and faded away in the third even though we kicked the only goal. Good signs from Atu and IQ, particularly the latter who has real dash and massive penetration with his kicking off HB, we need this. He's faster than Noble and a better, more damaging kick. Cox and Brown were the low lights.
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:53 am

I have been critical of Varcoe in the last 2 years.
But his game last night was excellent.
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:25 am

got frustrated in the second half where we were handpass happy. it doesn't work against teams when their in your face defending every step you take. its the contested ball congesting trap we get caught in seemingly every week. bucks looks frustrated by it I reckon. it took treloar to finally evade a few dorks while holding onto it then kick the god dam thing in which created our last goal in which WHE scored. other than the horrible handpass fumbling that oppo can cause us it was great to see a rejuvenated output. Ill bag us all season if we keep winning and eat that beautiful humble pie.
geebung by lots next week.

masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:48 am

masoncox wrote:

On the flip side I thought Brown wasn't too flash.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:18 pm

TassiePie1990 wrote:
Brodie Mihocek is an example of a mature player who has had to work hard for it and appreciates the pies giving him a shot. Best value for money player collingwood has had for a long time. (Has some highlights but keeps it simple and plays good tough football.)

Quaynor was a fantastic inclusion. He has similar speed to Noble but where Noble goes sideways, slows it down and is more calculated. IQ’s penetration in his kicking opens us up (especially important with the loss of Howe.)
The young players are likely to make mistakes playing aggressive football, but I think if we want to get back to that scoring machine of 2018, run and dare is the go.
I’m hoping Atu can turn into that pressure machine that has the opposition defence panicky when he is in the vicinity

Good post.

Quaynor instantly makes our defence better.
We’ve been solid at stopping the opposition from scoring but poor at launching scoring chains from our back half.
Quaynor improves us in this area. He also has good body strength, something that Noble is sadly lacking.

As for Atu, I was shocked at how well a 20 year old rugby convert could handle the the ball on debut. Early days but it looks like another very astute late pick from Hine.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:21 pm

masoncox wrote:
masoncox wrote:

On the flip side I thought Brown wasn't too flash.

Yep, Brown had a shocker in terms of decision making and ball handling.
It’s a tick for the haters but in truth its nothing more than part of the learning curve.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10   

Jump to: