Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Coronavirus II : The Virus Strikes Back

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 200, 201, 202  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:53 am
Post subject: Coronavirus II : The Virus Strikes BackReply with quote

In the previous thread, Sicks Bux wrote:
Now Bolsenaro has tested positive. I hope it knocks the shit out of him so he finally starts to take it seriously.

David wrote:
Or else so much that somebody else has to.

This is one individual for whom there is absolutely nothing good to be said. He has, through selfishness, deliberate willful ignorance, greed, and inaction effectively murdered tens of thousands of his own citizens. This is the barstard who parades around with troops saying that a military dictatorship, with him running it, would be a great move.

No, I don't wish him a speedy recovery. In fact I don't wish him a recovery at all. The damage is already done and Brazil is one of the very worst-hit countries in the world because of Bolsanaro, but at least they could then start working on recovery.

EDIT: link to previous thread: https://nick.magpies.net/bb/viewtopic.php?t=86949

Last edited by Tannin on Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:05 am
Post subject: Re: Coronavirus II : The Virus Strikes BackReply with quote

This morning's Age wrote:
More than 65,000 Brazilians so far have died from COVID-19 and more than 1.5 million have been infected. Both numbers are the world's second-highest totals behind the US, and are considered to be undercounts due to the lack of widespread testing.

The President has often appeared in public to shake hands with supporters and mingle with crowds, at times without a mask. He has said that his history as an athlete would protect him from the virus, and that it would be nothing more than a "little flu" were he to contract it.

Over the weekend, Bolsonaro attended several events and was in close contact with the US ambassador to Brazil during July 4 celebrations. Pictures of the event showed neither wearing a mask.

Bolsonaro could be seen coughing during a broadcast on his social networks on Thursday, when he sat next to six other people, none of whom wore a mask. Officials who were present included Regional Development Minister Rogerio Marinho and the chief executive officer of state-owned bank Caixa Economica Federal, Pedro Guimaraes. Since then, he has also mingled with members of his administration and the general public.

(Edited for length)

It will be interesting to see what changes ensue from his infection. My tip: none. Like Boris Johnson, he will absolutely refuse to learn from even a near-death experience.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:06 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugger, I was hoping for Kung Floo Fighting - the sequel.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:33 am

Tannin wrote:
In the previous thread, Sicks Bux wrote:
Now Bolsenaro has tested positive. I hope it knocks the shit out of him so he finally starts to take it seriously.

David wrote:
Or else so much that somebody else has to.

This is one individual for whom there is absolutely nothing good to be said. He has, through selfishness, deliberate willful ignorance, greed, and inaction effectively murdered tens of thousands of his own citizens. This is the barstard who parades around with troops saying that a military dictatorship, with him running it, would be a great move.

No, I don't wish him a speedy recovery. In fact I don't wish him a recovery at all. The damage is already done and Brazil is one of the very worst-hit countries in the world because of Bolsanaro, but at least they could then start working on recovery.

I have to say, I'm torn between my normal humanist inclinations (that we should wish harm on no-one, etc.) and the objective fact that the world would be a better place right now if he died.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:18 am

That's a terrible thing to say David.

I wish Bolsanaro well & hope he immediately has a closed face to face meeting with Donald Trump without masks.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:25 am

^ Jimmy boy! Yeeees! Nuffin but net.
Sicks Bux Sagittarius

Hal 2003-2019

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:07 pm

Note to self: Bolsonaro.
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:01 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Bugger, I was hoping for Kung Floo Fighting - the sequel.

Laughing Laughing Got my vote!!

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:13 pm

I don’t know where I should put this so I’ll park it here ( feel free to move)

US to leave WHO next July after Donald Trump criticism of coronavirus response

The United States will leave the World Health Organization (WHO) next July, the United Nations says.

More at: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-08/us-president-donald-trump-withdrawal-from-who-coronavirus/12432814

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:20 pm

As good a place as any. But they won't actually leave because Trump won't be in charge by then.

Biden may well institute a review of US participation, however, as - let's be honest here - the WHO has been very much China's errand boy, disgracefully so, and it needs a good clean out.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:23 pm

Yeah but what will Kanye do?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:28 pm

reading the last page of the last page, see thats why i wanted popcorn last night!!

so i spoke to my sister last night, and She said there was indeed problems getting food to the residents. Seems a lot live from week to week and some literally had no food, (some of its poor money management, some, well other reasons) She said its a pretty bad situation for cops and residents, most were good just a few squeaky wheels. apparently a bunch if fire trucks roared up with their sirens on, the cops were like, uh oh, but they came to help distribute food, and then they proceeded to put on white suits, so she pointed out the sirens and suits were probably a little startling to the folks looking down!

on a brighter note she just agreed on a price on a small apartment a stone throw from the MCG, with pool and gym. I LOVE my sister!!! they are not selling the farm, its just hard because they both work in the city.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:57 pm

Tannin wrote:
Biden may well institute a review of US participation, however, as - let's be honest here - the WHO has been very much China's errand boy, disgracefully so, and it needs a good clean out.

Yes Biden has said he will reverse it if he gets in. I fully support the principles and aims of the WHO but those in charge have increasingly become more interested in the perks - cocktail parties, fancy offices and first class travel FFS and beholden to China ( I am more peeved at the endorsement of TCM than the virus TBH) - they have a responsibly to not only support but really promote evidence-based practice IMHO. And I am vehemently opposed to Tedros - he is a corrupt despot and lacking the skills to lead WHO!!

Maybe it is just what happens in global organisations such as these - everyone aboard the gravy train Rolling Eyes

It’s a long time ago but my couple of tours with MSF completely changed my perspective of the UN - like all their agencies that seem to be infected with the same power/greed bug.

They need significant reform if they are remain relevant and actually go anyway towards being true to their philosophy and achieving their stated aims.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:50 pm

Victoria

Confirmed Cases:
- 1). Hume = 284
- 2). Melbourne = 199
- 3). Brimbank = 189
- 4). Wyndham = 189
- 5). Moreland = 143
- 6). Moonee Valley = 134
- 7). Casey = 129
- 8]. Stonnington = 110
- 9). Banyule = 108
- 10). Whittlesea = 95

Active Cases:
- 1). Hume = 150
- 2). Wyndham = 120
- 3). Melbourne = 108
- 4). Brimbank = 75
- 5). Moonee Valley = 63
- 6). Moreland = 44
- 7). Whittlesea = 39
- 8]. Maribyrnong = 24
- 9). Casey = 21
- 10). Melton = 21

New Cases Today:
- 1). Wyndham = 18
- 2). Melbourne = 14
- 3). Moonee Valley = 14
- 4). Hume = 8
- 5). Moreland = 7
- 6). Whittlesea = 6
- 7). Casey = 4
- 8]. Stonnington = 4
- 9). Banyule = 4
- 10). Monash = 4

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:37 pm

So the cases are still on one side of Melbourne, so why does everyone have to suffer?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 200, 201, 202  Next
Page 1 of 202   

Jump to: