Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies lose to Bombers. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:25 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Shouldn’t need to put a rocket under them, they should know what is required.
Just like any job, people can get comfortable or rest on their laurels.

And sometimes no matter what you do, things just turn to crap.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:25 pm

Can we least be a bit more sensible about any criticism of Treloar.
Badly underdone preseason, two consecutive soft tissue injuries and a new born kid and just been told he’s leaving home for a month.
The Bombers pressure was very good and it was a wet night and yes, he butchered it a few times amongst the THIRTY times he managed to get the ball.
I would have thought we should be focussing our attention on those who can’t get near it, rather than those who have a legitimate excuse for only disposing of it thirty times in a shortened game.
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:32 pm

Just saw the disgusting tweet someone wrote last night about Cox and Varcoe.

I understand people are disappointed about the loss, but seriously some people need to take a good hard look at themselves 😡

scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:57 pm

Fino wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
Who would want to play for us? The horrible media and public attention, 10X worse for similar off field errors. Much blame has to lie with Eddie. Seriously, can we please get a new figurehead who doesn’t attract the horrible scrutiny and vile hate that his attachment to our club seems to bring? In today’s social media world, I would f***ing loathe it.

I’d vote for anyone who would run against him. Problem is, no one can or does.

And hawks win flags coz Kennett is such a nice guy

Coz they all know they can’t do a better job.
Yes it was all Eddie’s fault last night
Blah blah blah. Same crap after every loss
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:01 pm

SteveH67 wrote:
Please tell me the rumours of Stevenson wanting out, are false.

This would set us back, if the young stars coming through want to go elsewhere.

What have you heard?I’d be surprised and disappointed if he did want to leave the club,He’s one of the few exciting young players on our list,I don’t think we can afford to let him go.
Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:07 pm

The more I think about this the more I think the reluctance to move the calm quickly (assume this is Bucks game plan) and the inclusion of Wills is our biggest issue. He can’t kick so hand balls adding to the mess.
Drop him, take some risks and we will be fine.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:15 pm

scoobydoo wrote:
Fino wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
Who would want to play for us? The horrible media and public attention, 10X worse for similar off field errors. Much blame has to lie with Eddie. Seriously, can we please get a new figurehead who doesn’t attract the horrible scrutiny and vile hate that his attachment to our club seems to bring? In today’s social media world, I would f***ing loathe it.

You don't get it. The Sidey issue (which let's assume has distracted and affected the players) was a bigger issue because of Eddie than the incident itself. The issue was over in 1 day the next two days were all about Eddie's reaction / Ed's double standards etc.

That's the issue with Ed. Any problem we have is magnified because of him. This HAS to have a destabilising impact on the team.
Wonka 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:18 pm

scoobydoo wrote:
Fino wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:

How many football gaffes does Kennett make?
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:43 pm

What'sinaname wrote:

You don't get it. The Sidey issue (which let's assume has distracted and affected the players) was a bigger issue because of Eddie than the incident itself. The issue was over in 1 day the next two days were all about Eddie's reaction / Ed's double standards etc.

That's the issue with Ed. Any problem we have is magnified because of him. This HAS to have a destabilising impact on the team.

Agree entirely.The media is now resurfacing footage of Eddie declaring mid April that any player found to be breaking COVID protocols should be banned for a year and fined $100000. This issue, just keeps going, because of Eddie's loud, provocative and unthinking
media commentary. He never stops to consider the possible future consequences of his words. He is one of the driving factors of unwanted media attention focussed on us. I would love to see us appoint another President.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:48 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
scoobydoo wrote:
Fino wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:

Exactly. Perfectly said.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:51 pm

Pretty sure in mid-2018 he was overseas for a few weeks, and he had a great run (maybe around that Queen’s Birthday part of the season). He was out of sight, out of mind, and the club had its own identity. For most of his reign, he’s been bigger than our players and the club, and I’m over it. It’s just not fun anymore, magnified and exacerbated even more so with social media. No thanks.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:52 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
scoobydoo wrote:
Fino wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:

Totally agree mate. I love Eddie, but he’s an excuse for the media to continually blow our issues into front page news.

Re: Stephenson, is he carrying an injury? Or is it attitude? That little ball toss in the air was bullshit. We know he has pace so why was he chasing the opposition half-assed like he was out for a light jog?
Wonka 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:55 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:

This issue, just keeps going, because of Eddie's loud, provocative and unthinking media commentary. He never stops to consider the possible future consequences of his words. He is one of the driving factors of unwanted media attention focussed on us. I would love to see us appoint another President.

It's cos he made his fortune being loud, provocative and unthinking, so he thinks that works in the real world, not just TV land.
ThePieMind 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:01 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
Jezza wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
Some genuine from and centre players would be nice, oh, and some cultural diversity, especially inside F50. That would be handy. No secret that nearly every premiership team (or premiership fancy) over the past decade or so has had at least one (or even a flock) of indigenous or ethnic talent lurking inside F50.

Didak, Leon, Krakeuer, Puopolo, Rioli, Liam Ryan, Stokes, Costagna, Pickett, Cameron, Betts...

Not us under Buckley. We’re as bland and white bread as you could imagine, and play accordingly so.

Are you for real?

Just recruit the best players and win a premiership. I don't care about their ethnic origins or race. If we start recruiting players to fulfill some diversity quota, then I'm done with the club.

Yeah, I am. Every team but us can recognise indigenous talent??? How is that even remotely possible? The law of averages suggests we should have drafted at least ONE talented indigenous player since Leon Davis left. We’re so ahead of the game that we can always identify players who, in our eyes, are better than every indigenous talent who happens to be on the table at our selection time at every draft. Right. Looks like that strategy is working so well for us. You think this has anything to do with a diversity quota??? It has EVERYTHING to do with talent, and we appear to blinkered or ‘ahead of the game’ to recognise it.

Your bias blinds you to the facts - Yagmoor, Wells, Kirby, Krakouer, Armstrong, Dick, Varcoe, Quanor - and that's not counting ethnics ( your words) all at or post LD. And guess what Wellingham played in our last flag. You have NFI.

Last edited by ThePieMind on Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
ThePieMind 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:06 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
Jezza wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
Some genuine from and centre players would be nice, oh, and some cultural diversity, especially inside F50. That would be handy. No secret that nearly every premiership team (or premiership fancy) over the past decade or so has had at least one (or even a flock) of indigenous or ethnic talent lurking inside F50.

Didak, Leon, Krakeuer, Puopolo, Rioli, Liam Ryan, Stokes, Costagna, Pickett, Cameron, Betts...

Not us under Buckley. We’re as bland and white bread as you could imagine, and play accordingly so.

Are you for real?

Just recruit the best players and win a premiership. I don't care about their ethnic origins or race. If we start recruiting players to fulfill some diversity quota, then I'm done with the club.

Yeah, I am. Every team but us can recognise indigenous talent??? How is that even remotely possible? The law of averages suggests we should have drafted at least ONE talented indigenous player since Leon Davis left. We’re so ahead of the game that we can always identify players who, in our eyes, are better than every indigenous talent who happens to be on the table at our selection time at every draft. Right. Looks like that strategy is working so well for us. You think this has anything to do with a diversity quota??? It has EVERYTHING to do with talent, and we appear to blinkered or ‘ahead of the game’ to recognise it.

Quarnar says hello. Pick him now. Idea

He’s not indigenous.
He’s not a crumbing forward.

What aboriginal tribe is Castagna and Puopolo from , who appear in your list.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12   

Jump to: