Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies lose to Bombers. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:34 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Raw Hammer wrote:
Jezza wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
Some genuine from and centre players would be nice, oh, and some cultural diversity, especially inside F50. That would be handy. No secret that nearly every premiership team (or premiership fancy) over the past decade or so has had at least one (or even a flock) of indigenous or ethnic talent lurking inside F50.

Didak, Leon, Krakeuer, Puopolo, Rioli, Liam Ryan, Stokes, Costagna, Pickett, Cameron, Betts...

Not us under Buckley. We’re as bland and white bread as you could imagine, and play accordingly so.

Are you for real?

Just recruit the best players and win a premiership. I don't care about their ethnic origins or race. If we start recruiting players to fulfill some diversity quota, then I'm done with the club.

Yeah, I am. Every team but us can recognise indigenous talent??? How is that even remotely possible? The law of averages suggests we should have drafted at least ONE talented indigenous player since Leon Davis left. We’re so ahead of the game that we can always identify players who, in our eyes, are better than every indigenous talent who happens to be on the table at our selection time at every draft. Right. Looks like that strategy is working so well for us. You think this has anything to do with a diversity quota??? It has EVERYTHING to do with talent, and we appear to blinkered or ‘ahead of the game’ to recognise it.

Quarnar says hello. Pick him now. Idea

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Streak Pisces

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:42 am

Disappointing game. When we were on, we were breathing fire. Unfortunately, we only turned in one quarter (most of the first and part of the fourth).

With minutes to go, I had the thought, 'We can win this', immediately followed by the thought, 'We don't deserve to.' I don't want to think that again.

I'm not too gloomy about it. I think we will do much better next week, once our inclusions have had a game to adjust to the strangeness of lockdown footy. I still expect good things from us this season, but one win from four games is a poor showing for this team. I expect a big fightback next week, and a spirited response can bring cohesion, and light a spark that will sustain us for a while.

I thought the selection decisions were OK - it's not easy to see who you'd replace any of the debutants with (with the exception, perhaps, of Varcoe). Two more kicks go our way against the Bombers (+1 against Richmond, +1 against GWS), and our football department look like geniuses. But, that's footy.

We had some decent players tonight. Not enough, but some. Honestly, the player whose game I was most impressed with was Tipungwuti. If I were a coach at Collingwood, I'd be showing footage of his game to the players - his ferocious, fearless, relentless attack on the football - and making it clear that THAT is the commitment that's required.
Larabee 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:20 am

Magpietothemax wrote:
overall, I am really devastated. Essendon had pretty much a second rate team available, no bellchambers, no heppell, no merrett, no mckenna, and we had sidey out and howe. We really missed Howe. Just totally lacked the spring and energy off half back.
Essendon's pace off halfback was really difficult for us to handle. But I think their ability to rebound with such energy is at least partly due to our ultra defensive gameplan.

Nailed it here. Bombers were very good. I thought they had run out of petrol in the last quarter and we kicked a couple of goals and got within 3 points, but alas they found a way to win.

Maynard was a colossus tonight but for the rest of the team (including Pendlebury) unforced errors in the wet killed the Pies. Howe’s injury has left a gigantic hole in the team.

Anyways onto the Dawks and hopefully we can this thing around and snag a win. Might have to find some effective forwards first or at least hit JDG with a cattle prod or something. He really is poor at the moment.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:35 am

GWS put them under pressure and they reverted to that uncohesive and poor disposal game of four seasons ago

Last night another side must have taken that aspect of their game and gave them a second dose

How a side can look great for 15 minutes then be hunted and succumb is a real worry

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:37 am

Piesnchess wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
Jezza wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
Some genuine from and centre players would be nice, oh, and some cultural diversity, especially inside F50. That would be handy. No secret that nearly every premiership team (or premiership fancy) over the past decade or so has had at least one (or even a flock) of indigenous or ethnic talent lurking inside F50.

Didak, Leon, Krakeuer, Puopolo, Rioli, Liam Ryan, Stokes, Costagna, Pickett, Cameron, Betts...

Not us under Buckley. We’re as bland and white bread as you could imagine, and play accordingly so.

Are you for real?

Just recruit the best players and win a premiership. I don't care about their ethnic origins or race. If we start recruiting players to fulfill some diversity quota, then I'm done with the club.

Yeah, I am. Every team but us can recognise indigenous talent??? How is that even remotely possible? The law of averages suggests we should have drafted at least ONE talented indigenous player since Leon Davis left. We’re so ahead of the game that we can always identify players who, in our eyes, are better than every indigenous talent who happens to be on the table at our selection time at every draft. Right. Looks like that strategy is working so well for us. You think this has anything to do with a diversity quota??? It has EVERYTHING to do with talent, and we appear to blinkered or ‘ahead of the game’ to recognise it.

Quarnar says hello. Pick him now. Idea

He’s not indigenous.
He’s not a crumbing forward.

think better 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:50 am

What was good about Maynard last night showed up what was so poor from a number of others.

I reckon there was at least three occasions where Maynard beat 2/3 Essendon players to win the ball. While this is great it shouldn't happen as often as it did.

In the modern game one player should never be in the position were he is one out against 2/3 others with no team mates coming in to help. Leigh Matthews always talks about the number of players around the ball as the best indicator of the work the team is putting in. Last night Essendon simply worked harder to get to the ball and then battled harder on the ground to get it out.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:53 am

T.B Summed up perfect—-
Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:06 am

watt price tully wrote:
Adz wrote:
Phillips destroyed Grundy.

Rubbish. He competed well. Their midfield smashed us not Phillips

Mate don’t buy in to that commentary rubbish. Grundy smashes Phillips. Phillips did ok to not get absolutely mauled but wasn’t in the best 15 players, Grundy top 3.

slangman 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:32 am

Piesnchess wrote:
slangman wrote:
ANNODAM wrote:
Let it go guys, this year’s done...

I have a friend who has been religiously following the Pies since the late 70’s.
Hasn’t missed many matches in 40 years but decided to not watch tonight’s game.
He’s had enough of the utter crap that this team consistently dishes out.
The Stephenson drama last year nearly broke him....and I think this weeks Sidey stupidity has done it.

Sadly, I’m not far behind him!!!!

40+ fu**ing years to put up with a skilful team that has no spine, desire, heart and fight.

There have been many less talented Collingwood teams, but geez, none that I’ve had less faith in when the going got tough.
Give me the unfashionable 2002 side!!!!

I’ve pretty much given up hope on this team.
A premiership cannot be won without heart.
This team doesn’t have any!!!

You seriously need to talk to Saints and Deeeees fans, saints one flag in bloody 150 yrs, the Deeees no flags since the Beatles came to australia, when i was a young boy. How would u like to be their fans ?? Rolling Eyes Surprised

But I’m not a Saints or Demons fan....and neither am I a Hawks, Bombers, Blues, Tigers, Brisbane or Geelong fan.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:16 am

The players should payback the other half of our membership after that, I don’t mind losing if we are not good enough, but a piss poor effort like that is a slap in the face. Obviously tosome its a pay cheque, nothing more.

Stop telling these guys they are awesome, they are not hard done by in any way, pampered, spoilt, the6 don’t behave because they believe their own press, well **** em, 2 weeks running they threw the game in the toilet. **** the Tatts and the haircuts, **** having a drink in season, **** gambling, grow up Boys and earn your overpaid salaries. Jerks

Maynard and Grundy you busted your arse whileothers just quit. JDG. Don’t believe it, your not there yet, you need to nail the money shot. Otherwise your yesterdays news.

I’m glad the club publicly supported Sidey, I hopein reality they make him watch that game over and over.

Just end this hell season now.

And umpire you %$^%$£$%, that was a goal,

5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:43 am

Buckley should take something from basketball and make the team play as if there was a shot clock. Perhaps that would make them move the ball forward quickly rather than fiddling around going backwards, sideways and backwards again. It may also make them worth watching as they are a bloody painful team to watch at the moment.
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:51 am

think positive wrote:
The players should payback the other half of our membership after that, I don’t mind losing if we are not good enough, but a piss poor effort like that is a slap in the face. Obviously tosome its a pay cheque, nothing more.

Stop telling these guys they are awesome, they are not hard done by in any way, pampered, spoilt, the6 don’t behave because they believe their own press, well **** em, 2 weeks running they threw the game in the toilet. **** the Tatts and the haircuts, **** having a drink in season, **** gambling, grow up Boys and earn your overpaid salaries. Jerks

Maynard and Grundy you busted your arse whileothers just quit. JDG. Don’t believe it, your not there yet, you need to nail the money shot. Otherwise your yesterdays news.

I’m glad the club publicly supported Sidey, I hopein reality they make him watch that game over and over.

Just end this hell season now.

And umpire you %$^%$�$%, that was a goal,

You don't usually fire up that way TP.

We are getting more frees at the moment because the opposition are continually scragging us.
De Goey is over rated full stop.
Lacks any consistent 4 quarter game unlike Pendles.
Too many players are ordinary.
Statistically Varcoe is finished has been for 2 years.
A few others like Elliot are going the same way.
OUR forward line isn't Afl standard and our midfield are beaten regularly in clereances.
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:02 am

PyreneesPie wrote:

it seems we have become so regimented in playing to structures, that we can't play risky or hard ball footy anymore.

I think this explains everything about our Buckley led football team. He has these guys wound up so tight to play a robotic, precision passing game style at all times, in any conditions against any opponent that they just cannot adapt when an opposition walks up and punches them square in the nose.

When the game starts to get out of hand I feel like that is when the players say 'stuff this bullshit game plan, let's just play' and we start to score and look good but all in vain because it is just not a part of our nature. A team of robots can be switched off very easily, it doesn't know how to combat hard, tough, chaos football.

MONCO: Your life.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:11 am

MM. The more you chip & hand pass across the field the more chance
A. Opponent will eventually get close and create a turnover

B If one or maybe two chips / hanballs then a team mate locates to the fifty meter paddock with no close opponent they won’t have time to flood back and clog defensive fifty

Mr Burns 17 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:18 am

De Goey was good. Trouble is our midfield is so poor we have to play him there to extract the ball then expect him to also be a key forward. Dump Wills. Not good enough. Do not bring in Sier. Also not good enough. Pies draft kids and rarely play them. The press tells us how good our mids are. Treloar is a butcher, just hacks it forward. Should have sent him to Gold Coast. Adams terrific. Pendles maybe time to reinvent on the back flank.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 8 of 12   

Jump to: