Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Game On! Pies v. Bombers. Updates, Comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:21 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies4shaw wrote:
The last time we played Hawthorn when it mattered: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wP9sD50hQJA

Yes great win, we should have won the GF the following week. And, lets not forget, the dawks went on to win bloody 3 flag in a row, after losing that PF, like, why cant we win flags after losing PFs ? Maybe this year ? Maybe. Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:27 pm

They were taken out by the Swans first. Remember, they were supposed to win 2012.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:27 pm

Late change in :will kelly out :cox
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:33 pm

I expected us to take the conservative route and select Madgen so it's pleasing we've gone with Scharenberg.

Alongside the injured Langdon he represents our best chance of replacing some of what Howe brings to the team.

The unfortunate injury to Howe has opened up a great opportunity for Scharenberg so I hope he takes full advantage of it. Must be more creative with his ball use by foot.

Fantastic to have Treloar return it's just bloody annoying he only provides cover for the loss of Sidebottom now in our midfield instead of adding to it alongside him.

Noble pretty stiff IMO as I don't feel any of his opponents have really got a hold of him and he's been doing a solid defensive job.

Not sold on the Varcoe inclusion after an interrupted preseason due to injury. His output has been diminishing year on year as a forward and I'm not really a fan of him as a defensive option week on week. He's certainly not the future and may not be the present either.

Quaynor as a small defender or trialing Noble with his speed as a pressure forward if that's what we're after could have been options instead.

Phillips managed to scrap himself a couple of goals last week which was good but this time last year he was regularly gathering himself twice as many possessions. Needs to be moved to his best position out on wing or moved out of the 22.

Fair to say we need far more from all of our forwards tonight and beyond if we're to give this season a shake.

I'd be looking to ramp up the forward time of de Goey tonight and see if snagging a few can ignite his season. At present he's not kicking goals or winning big numbers through the midfield so let's focus on the area of the ground he's done the most damage to date in his career

Stephenson needs to will himself to more contests and keep his energy levels up across 4 quarters as he's been basically a non factor outside the first quarters of his previous 2 games. We need more consistency out of Elliott and Mihocek and for Hoskin-Elliott and Cox to start holding more of the marking opportunities that present.

23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:36 pm

We did have a win in the scratch match v essendon too all went well stand outs were reid ( he ran out the whole match too he kicked 3 or 4) and it was a good all round performance by the team. Pies won by 29 points i think.
Good hit out by the young ones and the players that are getting back from injury too.
I feel for the main match maybe its cox out with cameron back in.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:38 pm

90 nice wrote:
Late change in :will kelly out :cox

Will Kelly is not an emergency

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:49 pm

[quote="swoop42"]
Noble pretty stiff IMO as I don't feel any of his opponents have really got a hold of him and he's been doing a solid defensive job.

or trialing Noble with his speed as a pressure forward if that's what we're after could have been options instead./[quote]

I agree with you regarding Noble. I thought that he goes in really hard, often gets us possession of the ball as a result, and is super fast. I love Varcoe, so was happy to see him in, but yes, was not expecting Noble to lose his position based on his performances as I have judged them.
Noble does remind me of Sinclair, and I remember us trialling him out as a forward. It was never successful, mainly because of how injury prone Sinkers was. Noble is not injury prone (it seems so at the moment), so it might be possible to see if he could be more effective as another small forward. He certainly has the tackling ability, the speed, and the quality kicking necessary for that role.
He probably would need some practice up forward in a scratch match though before we considered such a possiblity.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:53 pm

Confirmed just now on AFL web-site - no late changes.
SteveH67 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:59 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:

So Will Kelly misses out after all Laughing

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:02 pm

Along with Sier, who was rather curiously named as an emergency in place of Noble on the Collingwood site last evening. Maybe 90 nice had a third version of the team lineup in which Kelly was an emergency??? Shocked Shocked Shocked
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:21 pm

Pies to win 27 points but will be scrappy at the start before we pull away
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:36 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
They were taken out by the Swans first. Remember, they were supposed to win 2012.

Just as well, as our four iin a row Premierships would have gone for sure. Surprised

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:36 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:

I was secretly hoping Cox would be a late withdrawal.

He couldn't hold a mark last week, and with today's conditions it'll only get worse I suspect. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:38 pm

90 nice wrote:
Pies to win 27 points but will be scrappy at the start before we pull away

Yeh, we should pull away for that type of win, if Carlton can beat em, we sure as hell can, and will. Smile

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:40 pm

Our reserves side beat the Essendon reserves team by 20 points.

https://twitter.com/CollingwoodFC/status/1278953368602284037?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1278953368602284037%7Ctwgr%5E&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2F2%2Ftwitter.min.html1278953368602284037

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 3 of 29   

Jump to: