Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Magpie hating Jon Ralph

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
inxs88 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:12 pm
Post subject: Magpie hating Jon RalphReply with quote

So in the 7th instalment in 7 days of Magpie hating journalism, big ears Ralph is reporting a bidding plunge on Reef McInnes is expected at the National Draft next month. This dolt is becoming a gross liability to everything we try and do. Get stuffed!
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:22 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Sounds like Ralph would do pretty well in the WH right now, helping the Donald dream up conspiracy theories ?

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:58 pm

Taking ambulance chasers out of this for a minute, you could argue, the earlier McInnes goes, the better he is rated by ( at least one other ) opposition club.
The club will know where he will be called out give or take a couple positions and with all the picks we will likely have, it won’t be difficult to slip inside with a pick or two ( depending on trades ) before he’s called out.

Twomey recently had him at # 19 which was relevant because that was his first list after all the Combine testing had been done.
He’s no Emma Quayle but he generally gets the first round pretty close to the mark.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:09 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
Taking ambulance chasers out of this for a minute, you could argue, the earlier McInnes goes, the better he is rated by ( at least one other ) opposition club.
The club will know where he will be called out give or take a couple positions and with all the picks we will likely have, it won’t be difficult to slip inside with a pick or two ( depending on trades ) before he’s called out.

Twomey recently had him at # 19 which was relevant because that was his first list after all the Combine testing had been done.
He’s no Emma Quayle but he generally gets the first round pretty close to the mark.

True but I'm still haunted by Danny Roach

warburton lad 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:28 am

I never pay much credence to anything that Ralph writes- nothing personal- just business.

The recruiters of every AFL club do not hang on his every word before they prioritise their order of picks.

If we acquire picks 11 (Stevo) and do a swap of this and next year's first rounders with the Dogs (pick 14) we will have Picks 11, 14 & 16 before McInnes gets called out.

Twomey (who I rate as a very fair and balanced observer of the prospective talents coming through) has Reef McInnes at 19.

Personally, I would be filthy if we lost Stephenson- Treloar, in my view, is a very good chance to stay with the Magpies- I am heartened by the news that his hamstrings are in A1 condition...

SteveH67 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:24 am

Ralph hates Eddie moreso I think. Probably jealous of the success Eddie has had.
Kill for Collingwood 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:31 am
Post subject: Treloar, Stevenson and BuckleyReply with quote

That these 2 players are “lost” is Buckley’s doing to save his skin.
I’ve lost all respect for him. He’s failed badly at coaching, can’t accept it and should be chucked out; afforded the same disrespect he’s shown them. And Maguire is at least as bad and culpable for condoning his performance.
I am bloody disgusted.

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:47 am

^^ or, here’s a unique thought, the “two” players showed no respect to the coaches and club and acted like prima donnas. Can spin it both ways when you don’t have the facts.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:08 am

Mr Miyagi wrote:
^^ or, here’s a unique thought, the “two” players showed no respect to the coaches and club and acted like prima donnas. Can spin it both ways when you don’t have the facts.

No-one has ever suggested that Treloar has played up or been disrespectful. He may be 'high maintenance' because he can suffer from some anxiety issues - which he has bravely publicly acknowledged - but he is a great role model of professionalism around our club. That is a fact.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:30 am

Mr Miyagi wrote:

Then why don't you spin it the way that the facts indicate it should be spun, at least as Treloar is concerned? From a playing perspective it doesn't concern me that Treloar may be traded out, as long as we get the appropriate picks in return. That's a very different thing from the character assassination that appears to be taking place though.

Buckley knew him and coached him as a 17 year old. He regarded him so highly we paid two first rounders to get him. Once we had him we liked him so much we gave him a long term contract on higher remuneration. He injured his hamstrings then worked hard to overcome those injuries and to return to the team in good shape.

So how does someone go from not being a prima donna from the ages of 17 to 26, then miraculously turn into one? It sounds like BS to me.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:36 pm

Magpie hating Jon Ralph?

Jon Ralph hating Magpie forum; works both ways...

all is fair in hate and war....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: