Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

SuperCoach Buckley

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Millane42 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:49 am
Post subject: SuperCoach BuckleyReply with quote

I really admire how he learned from the narrow loss to GWS in the PF last year and implemented a winning strategy to combat their tactics, oh Wait...

Had to laugh during the week Ben Dixon was on one of the Fox footy shows and said Bucks was the best coach in the league lmfao. Tom Morris looked at him and just said “Alastair Clarkson?” Dixon was quick to backtrack

Bucks2014 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:37 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn’t agree more, I mean if only he could get the players to kick a goal. Fairdinkum how the %$^$%^&%% can you blame Bucks?

We had 6 scoring shots in the last term, we kicked 1 goal 5 they had 2 scoring shots for 2 goals. Totally dominated clearances in the last term. My only laugh is fickle supporters who blame bucks for a loss.

Let’s get some perspective hey, we have drawn with last years grandfinalists a narrow lost to the runners up, we are going okay.

masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:07 am

I think the problem is not the medium or long term strategies or vision.
He has the respect of the players. But to me the problem lies in individual game tactics and sometimes lack of a Plan B.
Clearly Mummy was brought in to nullify Grundy.
Everyone saw that.... but Grundy played the same as the PF. He did not seem to change anything.
Ditto Sidey....Tag Sidey and he disappears from the game ...move him forward or even move him back .... or get plenty of players to continually smash into his tagger.
Overall Bux has proved he can coach.
But he lacks game day tactics IMHO.
daics aka the ruckman 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:18 am

Why does Bucks have to cop it all. The players can change things on the ground and they should take more responsibility to create opportunities and scores.

I thought Grundy did better than the PF last year, but our midfield was still up against a very good midfield of GWS.

As others have said - players kicked 1 goal 5 in the last. Not Bucks fault.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:35 am

I’m always happy to learn from other former AFL coaches what they would have done differently on the day ...... oh, wait
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:03 pm

At least he can have the morning off and go have a nice brekky with his family.

Nothing needs reviewing from last night as it was all reviewed last September and the one before that.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:48 pm

For 9 years the same excuses, you can’t blame the coach for an honourable loss...

If the club has the same attitude as close enough is good enough, it’s no wonder this club is a complete failure these days.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:37 pm

I’m not a Buckley apologist but let’s put the bias aside and talk sense.
There isn’t a coach going around in the AFL who returns a one goal loss goal loss in a G F and then a one goal loss in a prelim and would have his job security questioned by those who do understand football ( particularly in a comp that’s designed to promote equalisation )

Whatever his game plan was in the last quarter last night, was good enough to allow “ us “ six shots on goal. The result was 1 goal - 5 points to their two shots on goal
Yeah, let’s sack the coach because we all know bad kicking is bad coaching 🙄
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:25 pm

And for how many years have we had the same problem and not fixed it?

At some stage the coach needs to be held accountable for the sides deficiencies but instead we celebrate losses because we got close...

The draw again last Richmond looking like yet another missed opportunity

You don’t win flags if you keep choking in the last qtr but I suppose the Buckley apologists don’t care about flags.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:00 pm

Surely now no Buckley supporter could continue to support him if we lose next week!
Lazza 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:12 pm

I need to hear WHO these anti Buckley cretins want instead of Buckley? Clarkson is on a contract, as are nearly if not all of the other current coaches. Of those outside, Roos has consistently said that he doesn't want to coach again, Dermot and Lyon have said that they don't want to coach. Lets talk possible replacement coach names if we do have to discuss this rubbish.
BEAMER09 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:34 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
For 9 years the same excuses, you can’t blame the coach for an honourable loss...

If the club has the same attitude as close enough is good enough, it’s no wonder this club is a complete failure these days.

61 years...

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:19 am

Lazza wrote:
I need to hear WHO these anti Buckley cretins want instead of Buckley? Clarkson is on a contract, as are nearly if not all of the other current coaches. Of those outside, Roos has consistently said that he doesn't want to coach again, Dermot and Lyon have said that they don't want to coach. Lets talk possible replacement coach names if we do have to discuss this rubbish.

Anyone!

Malthouse and Matthews are the only two coaches this century who have won premierships that weren't at their first club and none of them took 10 years to win their first premiership. So we shouldn't be looking at the established coaches anyway, lets find the next premiership coach of the hundreds of assistants out there.

Or is that going to be the answer for the next 10 years of failure? Oh there is no one better, how do we know? Other clubs keep finding better coaches whilst we stick with a coach because he is a favourite son.

That hasn't worked for Collingwood since the 1950's!
BEAMER09 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:26 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
I’m not a Buckley apologist but let’s put the bias aside and talk sense.
There isn’t a coach going around in the AFL who returns a one goal loss goal loss in a GF and then a one goal loss in a prelim and would have his job security questioned by those who do understand football ( particularly in a comp that’s designed to promote equalisation )

Whatever his game plan was in the last quarter last night, was good enough to allow “ us “ six shots on goal. The result was 1 goal - 5 points to their two shots on goal
Yeah, let’s sack the coach because we all know bad kicking is bad coaching 🙄

Nicely put first paragraph but let's be more specific and talk more sense about 2018 GF. 5 goals up on our home ground in front of our 60k+ Collingwood supporters and we blew it. AND those who understand footy and we lose a GF, well I reckon they love it!

Since 2013 to 2019, every interstate team lost the GF to a Victorian team except...........you guessed it.

Why Collingwood? and facts don't lie...

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:55 pm

We’re premiership favourites and people here want the coach to be sacked after a two point loss in round four?Just bizarre.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 1 of 39   

Jump to: