Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

SuperCoach Buckley

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:28 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave The Man wrote:
Should Be but won't be while Eddie is in Charge

I also get the same feeling while big Ed is around another extension then another then another and all of a sudden we are 20 years without a flag.

We will see next year but don’t think Ed has the balls to sack Bucks despite what he has said.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:42 pm

Lazza wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
Given he will never be successful at Collingwood they should do the right thing and let him go now, he can apply for the North job he was originally destined for and Collingwood can begin the rebuild.

I’ll ask again because I didn’t get an answer the first time I asked this question on Nick’s. Will Collingwood fans have the patience required for a total rebuild? Also means Pendles won’t win another flag before he retires.

We won't win one with the current list either so either way, Pendles won't win another flag unless he moves clubs.
BEAMER09 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:15 pm

Dimwit has 3 premierships and can't coach or not a good one at that and we have a life Coach thanks to Ed...
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:59 pm

I am waiting for someone to remind us that Hardwick was going to get the sack and now he is a triple premiership coach.....
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:44 pm

Presti35 wrote:
Very good OP.

2020 has been a very rough year for every club. I think it's fair to give Bucks the entire 2021 season to get us where we need to be. Obviously winning a flag cannot be guaranteed, but being competitive and giving ourselves every chance to win one is what we can ask for.

Unfortunately, the media will mount a lot of pressure on Bucks before the season even starts. That'll be something we'll have to weather as I'm sure they'll be posters on here that will be ready to sack him before the season even starts.

I have no doubt that when Bucks is finished as Collingwood coach, another club will look to snap him up fairly quickly (Probably North). I think he's very good with his players and staff. But there's questions over the gameplan and the impact of the coaches around him.

Since I've been following the club, there's always been people that want the coach gone. Leigh Matthews was given the arse in what was the biggest mistake the club has made imo. Then they wanted Shaw gone. Then Malthouse gone....

I want a flag as soon as possible. I wish I had a crystal ball that said how this could be done. Keeping the coach, or looking for another, and then who.

The fact that you said North will be the ones who will probabiy snap him up says it all.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:27 am

Malthouse and Matthews were spent at Collingwood. Matthews went on to coach Brisbane to 3 premierships, firstly because he had time on his side and secondly because Brisbane had more potential talent than anybody else. Malthouse went on to coach a team that had little talent, an impatient board stuck in the glory days and as a coach Malthouse was past his best years. Buckley is still in that sweet spot in terms of age, still has the desire and more importantly has the acumen to be a dam good football coach. If we lose him at Collingwood he’ll do a Matthews if he gets to the right team. Any coach looking around, the ideal football team to get to would be Gold Coast.
Cruisinwithdids 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:55 am

Buckley will never get a senior job outside Collingwood. He is not authentic, and his game plan is defensive. Any crap coach can defend. It’s what you do when Menagola kicks the goal with 7 minutes to go when your 16 up. You dare to win, not save the game.
Having the talent and on field extroverted leadership is obviously paramount, but where does that come from?
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:04 am

Johnno75 wrote:
I am waiting for someone to remind us that ....

Hardwick was going to get the sack and now he is a triple premiership coach. Wink
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:25 am

Cruisinwithdids wrote:
Buckley will never get a senior job outside Collingwood. He is not authentic, and his game plan is defensive. Any crap coach can defend. It’s what you do when Menagola kicks the goal with 7 minutes to go when your 16 up. You dare to win, not save the game.
Having the talent and on field extroverted leadership is obviously paramount, but where does that come from?

What you say is contrary to the wisdom of all sporting philosophies and runs counter to all the winning premiership teams over the last 50 years. The boxer Floyd Mayweather at age 40 has never been beaten in a fight and it wasn’t by being an aggressive fighter.
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:04 pm

Bucks probably speaks as well as anyone I have heard. He will probably make a better assistant coach to someone who can manage better.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:25 pm

Johnno75 wrote:
Bucks probably speaks as well as anyone I have heard. He will probably make a better assistant coach to someone who can manage better.

I agree, but his ego won’t let that happen

thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:06 pm

Interestingly Scott hasn’t won a premiership since Buckley has been coaching and he is not under any pressure for his job.

Both have lost a grand final and prelims although Scott has consistently made finals during this time. Scott has lost 4 prelims to Buckley’s 2 during this period.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:07 pm

thebaldfacts wrote:
Interestingly Scott hasn’t won a premiership since Buckley has been coaching and he is not under any pressure for his job.

Both have lost a grand final and prelims although Scott has consistently made finals during this time. Scott has lost 4 prelims to Buckley’s 2 during this period.

But he does at least have one flag. And with the club he's presently at.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:21 pm

thebaldfacts wrote:

Both our teams possess the same problem. Neither has had enough access to top 5 draft talent because under Buckley and Scott neither team has bottomed out. Under Buckley the worst we have done is about 10th or 11th and that's not enough to get you into that zone of top 5 talent.
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:29 pm

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
thebaldfacts wrote:

Both our teams possess the same problem. Neither has had enough access to top 5 draft talent because under Buckley and Scott neither team has bottomed out. Under Buckley the worst we have done is about 10th or 11th and that's not enough to get you into that zone of top 5 talent.

Fair comment. However if you look at Carlton and Melbourne, access to high end draft picks hasn’t helped them either.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 36 of 39   

Jump to: