Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

SuperCoach Buckley

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wonka 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:41 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

lihei wrote:
Tm Hafey?

Allan Jeans.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:49 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
Just as there wouldn’t be a coach in history who deserved to be sacked after his last two years took a team deep into Sept.
You would have had Thompson and Hardwick long gone before they became dual premiership coaches for their clubs.
If Collingwood were going to move him on, it should have been 3 years ago. They didn’t and the rest is very recent history.

I’m still waiting on a legitimate replacement ? The general idea in coaching is that when you replace a coach, you have at least a shortlist of better options to go with ( even though there are no guarantees of course )

That’s what we pay the football department the big bucks to do, know the industry and who’s next in line. But the AFL coaching ranks must be might thin if you think no one could do better than Buckley. 10 years, no success but because there isn’t a proven multiple premiership coach waiting in the wings people think we should just stick with him.

Guess Buckley will be coach for life and 2010 will be a distant memory for all Collingwood supporters as we never see another premiership again.
Wonka 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:30 pm

SteveH67 wrote:

I wish Eddie McGuire would go first though.

He is a blight on our club now, taints us badly in the media and with the general public.

He might be willing to go once he has the world record for years as president. How much longer for that?
ThePieMind 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:37 am

No Club Sacks a coach who’s made the GF and PF in successive years after a period of poor seasons. It an absurd proposition by Eddiesmith.

Let’s sack the coach just when things are looking up - just BS Eddiesmith.
BEAMER09 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:00 pm

^ I can name 2 clubs - Richmond and Carlton...
BEAMER09 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:07 pm

make that 3 clubs - + Hawthorn...
ThePieMind 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:07 pm

^ Please tell me which clubs sacked their coach after GF and PF in consecutive years, confirming improvement ) and things looking up) over a previous poor period as is the case I was making with Buckley - your examples don’t fit.
shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:58 pm

The culture at Collingwood under Bucks (not to mention the injury disasters) has been putrid. Lamumba is just the tip of the iceberg.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:16 pm

^ If you and others are going to trot this stuff out, it seems only fair you also explain where he has gone so wrong compared to everyone else before him.
I would prefer fact than an agenda driven opinion though.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:08 pm

Well at the moment there are 6 coaches who know how to coach a premiership team, something Buckley lacks and won’t be changing anytime soon.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:18 am

^ I get it that your hard wired to have the last word.
That’s fine, I just wish it would include an answer to the problem.
All I know is, we have a four page thread called “ sack Buckley “ and not one of the usual suspects is yet to put forward a legitimate replacement.

So far, you’ve come back with “ anyone “. So you’re ok with Bolton, Pyke, McKenna, B Scott and I could go on. They’re all fresh out of the system. Really ! 😂

Then you put forward that we have a football dept whose job it is to look for potential candidates. You’re actually quite correct and that Buckley still continues to be our coach, would suggest that they too, don’t think there are any better candidates at the moment.

I wasn’t against Buckley being moved on three years ago but he wasn’t and the confidence in him has been vindicated. So according to you, we go on to lose a G F by less than a goal in 2018 and he remains a dud. Had we have hung on that day ( yes, I know we didn’t ) then he’s immortalised.
So one kick separates a dud from a hero. I’m going to take a bit more convincing before I believe it’s all as simple as that.

Anyway, I’m done with this thread. Four pages later and not one viable option put forward. That says it all to me.
Cheers.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:13 pm

^ Very well argued Pies2016!
ThePieMind 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:41 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
All I know is, we have a four page thread called “ sack Buckley “ and not one of the usual suspects is yet to put forward a legitimate replacement.

So far, you’ve come back with “ anyone “. So you’re ok with Bolton, Pyke, McKenna, B Scott and I could go on. They’re all fresh out of the system. Really ! 😂

Then you put forward that we have a football dept whose job it is to look for potential candidates. You’re actually quite correct and that Buckley still continues to be our coach, would suggest that they too, don’t think there are any better candidates at the moment.

I wasn’t against Buckley being moved on three years ago but he wasn’t and the confidence in him has been vindicated. So according to you, we go on to lose a G F by less than a goal in 2018 and he remains a dud. Had we have hung on that day ( yes, I know we didn’t ) then he’s immortalised.
So one kick separates a dud from a hero. I’m going to take a bit more convincing before I believe it’s all as simple as that.

Anyway, I’m done with this thread. Four pages later and not one viable option put forward. That says it all to me.
Cheers.

Agree and Eddiesmith is like a broken record.

The fact that he ignores the improvement of the team in that last 2 yrs under Buckley, shows an astonishing bias or immaturity.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:37 pm

Pies2016 wrote:

Cheers.

And what happened on Buckley’s biggest test? He blew it. That was a terrible strategy of trying to protect a 5 goal lead for over 3 qtrs. A strategy he still tries to employ with little success.

I’m sorry if I’m wrong in wanting to see Collingwood be successful, the amount of times people on here have been proud of another honourable loss shows that premierships are not the measure of success but having a red hot go is all that matters, in that case Buckley is a great coach.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:43 pm

ThePieMind wrote:
Please tell me which clubs sacked their coach after GF and PF in consecutive years, confirming improvement ) and things looking up) over a previous poor period as is the case I was making with Buckley - your examples don’t fit.

Collingwood sacked their coach after consecutive Grand Finals (winning one).
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 4 of 39   

Jump to: