Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

SuperCoach Buckley

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:56 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

swoop42 wrote:
... While Hocking was effectively demoted to the role of VFL coach after just 2 seasons we also lost our best assistant and potentially best coach period in Longmuir. Now I’m not certain if we looked to replace him with someone of equal calibre and were rebuked but I can’t recall any media talk of such a thing taking place. On the surface at least this smelled to me like a club falling back into some of the bad habits identified by the Murphy review and we to easily took a she’ll be right attitude to the loss of Longmuir.

Personally I’m of the opinion that it’s time for one or both of Harvey and Sanderson to depart and we seek out a suitable candidate from a club currently setting the standard like a Richmond or we go after the person considered to be next in line for a senior coaching position.

Too late. If there were any brains in the Richmond coaching box, they all belonged to Caracella, who has already been poached by Essendon, with so far not great results (possible because, as Ross Lyon suggested, Essendon players are so stupid that they cannot learn a new game plan over a whole summer).

There isn't any good reason to believe that Dimma is any more than a Dimwit. Same for his assistants.

Some bottom clubs really should poach Richmond's fitness and medical staff, though. That's their real strength.
scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:18 pm

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
Presti35 wrote:
Wrong Way, Go Back...

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/collingwood-cuts-former-cat-great-hocking-from-coaching-panel-20200929-p560gn.html

I'm actually shocked by this. He has a great footy brain and I was very happy he was with us. Now he may help another club.

Look obviously I'm not in the know on what's going on with the internals at the club but imo, its a huge mistake.

And having an opinion when your not in the know is like asking your
cat/dog/budgie what bucks should do.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:26 pm

scoobydoo wrote:
Presti35 wrote:
Wrong Way, Go Back...

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/collingwood-cuts-former-cat-great-hocking-from-coaching-panel-20200929-p560gn.html

I'm actually shocked by this. He has a great footy brain and I was very happy he was with us. Now he may help another club.

Look obviously I'm not in the know on what's going on with the internals at the club but imo, its a huge mistake.

And having an opinion when your not in the know is like asking your
cat/dog/budgie what bucks should do.

Possibly, but I still feel like its a blunder on our part. Time will tell.

BEAMER09 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:01 pm

K wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
... While Hocking was effectively demoted to the role of VFL coach after just 2 seasons we also lost our best assistant and potentially best coach period in Longmuir. Now I’m not certain if we looked to replace him with someone of equal calibre and were rebuked but I can’t recall any media talk of such a thing taking place. On the surface at least this smelled to me like a club falling back into some of the bad habits identified by the Murphy review and we to easily took a she’ll be right attitude to the loss of Longmuir.

Personally I’m of the opinion that it’s time for one or both of Harvey and Sanderson to depart and we seek out a suitable candidate from a club currently setting the standard like a Richmond or we go after the person considered to be next in line for a senior coaching position.

Too late. If there were any brains in the Richmond coaching box, they all belonged to Caracella, who has already been poached by Essendon, with so far not great results (possible because, as Ross Lyon suggested, Essendon players are so stupid that they cannot learn a new game plan over a whole summer).

There isn't any good reason to believe that Dimma is any more than a Dimwit. Same for his assistants.

Some bottom clubs really should poach Richmond's fitness and medical staff, though. That's their real strength.

Geez, I wish we had a Dimwit.
2 of 3 GF win's and beaten by a Cox in-between.

K 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:29 pm

BEAMER09 wrote:
Geez, I wish we had a Dimwit.
2 of 3 GF win's and beaten by a Cox in-between.

Nothing to do with Dimwit. If we had him and everything else was the same, the results would be worse than now.

It was Caracella's game plan (not that it was hard to come up with). Dimma had 6 or 7 years to come up with a good game plan for himself and failed.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:27 pm

This reminds me of 2010 when some peanuts claimed it was Buckley that turned things around and made Mick change his ways and Buckley’s effect that won the flag.

How wrong that has proven to be over the last 9 years...
duggieboy 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:45 am

Eddiesmith, In my view, with hindsight, malthouse was a magician, a very clever mind & great coach who understood much about the game.

I always felt with him, we could potentially win any game.

I know things fell apart relationally at the end, but on a purely coaching basis he was a 'great'.

I only say this now, in reference to our last 9 years of football at Collingwood, because I just find it an interesting comparison or barometer as to how we're going now.

Interested how others view this now, in the light of Buckley's tenure?
duggieboy 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:46 am

Eddiesmith, In my view, with hindsight, malthouse was a magician, a very clever mind & great coach who understood much about the game.

I always felt with him, we could potentially win any game.

I know things fell apart relationally at the end, but on a purely coaching basis he was a 'great'.

I only say this now, in reference to our last 9 years of football at Collingwood, because I just find it an interesting comparison or barometer as to how we're going now.

Interested how others view this now, in the light of Buckley's tenure?
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:40 pm

Bucks gets another year. Full stop.
partypie 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:41 pm

Brilliant coaching tonight without two superstars Sidebottom and Howe
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:44 pm

Sidey would be handy now....can’t believe we couldn’t find a way to get him up to QLD.
Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:45 pm

I had jumped off the bucks bandwagon. I called out constantly how bad Grundy was and he goes to Cameron who competed that last ruck. Such a brave move and I have to say I was wrong. Grundy is in my sights now though.
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:50 pm

1 more year
partypie 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:51 pm

Johnno75 wrote:
Sidey would be handy now....can’t believe we couldn’t find a way to get him up to QLD.

Surely with 2 weeks quarantining requirements something could be worked out. Who would you drop? It was an even performance tonight
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:52 pm

partypie wrote:
Johnno75 wrote:

Surely with 2 weeks quarantining requirements something could be worked out. Who would you drop? It was an even performance tonight

I'm sure his partner needs him more than us right now...

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 25 of 39   

Jump to: