Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Dandrews' strength of leadership vs. Scotty's dithering

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:22 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave The Man wrote:
IF the Liberals where in Charge in Victoria and other States there be lot more Cases as they would not shut down anything

^ Very likely. The Victorian Liberal Party has been spectacularly bad all the way through this pandemic. Not just advocating policies of naked insanity from time to time, but ignoring and humiliating their leader, fighting amongst themselves, and making public attacks on entirely innocent people not even slightly connected with politics. Disgusting even by their standards.

But let's not forget that there were rapid and effective shutdowns in Tasmania and South Australia. Both are Liberal states. Both have done very well. Both are pretty much open for normal business now, as is Western Australia (a Labor state). Queensland is getting close to recovered.

It is the two most populous states, Victoria and NSW, which have the problems. Victoria has been very well led right through, while NSW has a very spotty record, good in the main but a few horrendous failures, and the NSW Premier has gone completely feral over the last two or three weeks. Pity. She was doing OK up till then.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:27 am

So how's Dan Anthrax's government going now? He is leading.....Victoria is the leader in COVID cases
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:34 am

He needs to get rid of who ever signed off on the hotel deal, or accept the blame himself. Lot of blood and pain on his hands right now

The security guards from the hotel were working as cleaners at the 2 distribution warehouses, that’s right, they were spreading the virus with a cleaning cloth! The miracle is more people didn’t catch it

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:48 am

think positive wrote:
He needs to get rid of who ever signed off on the hotel deal, or accept the blame himself. Lot of blood and pain on his hands right now

The security guards from the hotel were working as cleaners at the 2 distribution warehouses, that’s right, they were spreading the virus with a cleaning cloth! The miracle is more people didn’t catch it

They were also doing security shifts elsewhere and driving ride share. Utter schemozzle

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:00 am

What'sinaname wrote:
So how's Dan Anthrax's government going now? He is leading.....Victoria is the leader in COVID cases

Listen, professor:

1. Aged Care facilities are a Commonwealth responsibility not state responsibility
2. We will wait till September to learn what mistakes were made by whom and when; an independent judicial review will tell us
3. The State Government can’t control individual behaviour no matter how stupid: even Eddiesmith here bragged about lying to authorities by omission and flagrantly disregarded rules the rest of us were required to have followed.

Let’s wait and see.

In the meantime I’d avoid Sky news 😉

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:30 pm

What rules? I’m a regional Victorian, I don’t have to abide by the same stupid rules Melbourne has
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:43 pm

watt price tully wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:

Listen, professor:

1. Aged Care facilities are a Commonwealth responsibility not state responsibility

The feds don't run them, the nursing homes are governed and regulated by federal legislation. The state government actually runs some of the nursing in Vic, Eastern Health has 2 or 3

The Dandemic we're currently in is almost directly related to the hotel qurantine fiasco. I'll be very interested to see how this so called independent review he's arranged works, other than as an excuse to dodge answering questions, since my understanding is it won't have any teeth

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:05 pm

stui magpie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:

Listen, professor:

The feds don't run them, the nursing homes are governed and regulated by federal legislation. The state government actually runs some of the nursing in Vic, Eastern Health has 2 or 3

The Dandemic we're currently in is almost directly related to the hotel qurantine fiasco. I'll be very interested to see how this so called independent review he's arranged works, other than as an excuse to dodge answering questions, since my understanding is it won't have any teeth

The Premier specifically spoke about the issues with respect to private Aged Care facilities where the Commonwealth has jurisdiction. There are some state responsibilities too.

With respect to the Judicial enquiry it merely needs to investigate & the outcomes need to be made public. I haven’t seen any evidence to say it won’t have the power to do just that.

Back to Aged Care: the Coronavirus has shown what the Royal Commission has shown and what we all know which is just how poorly run and underfunded it is (Mostly) and how we as a society have accepted such neglect in the way we treat older people in the community.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:31 pm

Many of the private aged care companies are religious based not for profits who are as greedy for cash and lacking in compassion as a coked up wall street broker.

It's a great lurk. You get people who are only going to get worse and die, like a glorified early stage palliative care site, keep them alive and kicking for minimum cost for as long as you can make a profit on them, then move them on as soon as they become cost negative.

Very few quality staff choose to work there, it's not as sexy as Acute medicine and doesn't pay as well as acute or mental health and to do it well you actually need to have empathy, get your hands dirty , have loads of patience and get used to funerals.

They'll also employ Nurses who may be registered but probably shouldn't be.

Parasitic industry.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:30 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Many of the private aged care companies are religious based not for profits who are as greedy for cash and lacking in compassion as a coked up wall street broker.

It's a great lurk. You get people who are only going to get worse and die, like a glorified early stage palliative care site, keep them alive and kicking for minimum cost for as long as you can make a profit on them, then move them on as soon as they become cost negative.

Very few quality staff choose to work there, it's not as sexy as Acute medicine and doesn't pay as well as acute or mental health and to do it well you actually need to have empathy, get your hands dirty , have loads of patience and get used to funerals.

They'll also employ Nurses who may be registered but probably shouldn't be.

Parasitic industry.

You described the one my mum was st perfectly, the one my dad’s are at ismuch better, the staff for the most part, care. I’ve spent a lot of time there.

When 8 addressed the committee at mums when I put in an official complaint, I called them gods waiting rooms, and the boss said, you know that’s exactly right, and I’m going to share that with the staff.

I couldn’t do it, I take my hat off to the good ones

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:57 pm

Thanks to the strong leadership of the honourable Prime Minister of Australia, Scott Morrison, Australia has emerged from the covid recession with the economy showing growth during the September quarter.

That's despite the Victorian economy acting as a millstone around the neck of the national economy with the Spring St Dandemic and extended lockdown the product of the most incompetant and unaccountable State premier in the country.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-12-02/australia-september-quarter-economic-growth-gdp-figures/12934336

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:30 am

stui magpie wrote:
Thanks to the strong leadership of the honourable Prime Minister of Australia, Scott Morrison, Australia has emerged from the covid recession with the economy showing growth during the September quarter.

That's despite the Victorian economy acting as a millstone around the neck of the national economy with the Spring St Dandemic and extended lockdown the product of the most incompetant and unaccountable State premier in the country.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-12-02/australia-september-quarter-economic-growth-gdp-figures/12934336

We will need to wait to pass judgment on the right honourable happy clappy Scotty from marketing. 50% of the growth came from consumer consumption which in turn was based in large part on job keeper and job seeker (which is good) despite stupidly not funding hospitality, the university sector and the arts: all big employers. However that is being cut to the bone.

The state budget is funding public housing and this was missed by the feds and could have been a game changer.

Yes Scotty from Marketing is showed real leadership when he sacked / forced the resignation of:

Stuart Robert: see Robodebt and the billions wasred and trauma caused
Stuart Robert: see claiming over $100,000 for internet for his family as a tax dodge
Scott Morrison: see Robodebt when he was treasurer
Stuart Robert: see My Gov failure and the waste of millions
Oh wait he is a religious nutter and big fund raiser for the Libs - tick of approval

Alan Tudge: Minister responsible when the feds paid $30 million for land worth $3 million

Angus Taylor: Lying to parliament in his speech when he bragged that he put Naoimi Klein in her place when he was at Oxford: except she wasnt there when he was (They are inteelctual opposites: (She is intellectual and he is opposite)
Angus Taylor: Lying over the Sydney Lord Mayor and a false document coming from his office to falsley assert they claimed millions of dollars for overseas travel when they didn't
Angus Taylor: bypassing environmental laws on family owned properties (when Josh Frydenberg was Minister for the Enviornment)
Angus Taylor: for being a privleged lying cnut

Scotty from Marketing How good is sports rorts? The fact that the Prme minsters Office has not been yet held accountable for billions spent in areas not where an indepent panel stated it should be spent but directed from his office. THis wans't pork barrelingthis was piggery barreling.

Yes the little turd, the right honourable Scotty from marketing needs to be recognised Wink

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:13 pm

Yet your Dear Leader hasn’t sacked anyone over the failed hotel quarantine program that killed 800 Victorians. In fact he’s put one of the ministers who was responsible in charge of version 2.0. What great leadership.

But yea public housing investment sounds amazing by the government , until you hear how little the Andrew’s, Bracks and Brumby governments had given it over the last 21 years. I suppose better late than never! Much like Covid, only 6 months behind the rest of Australia

Btw when did 100 million become billions?
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:48 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
Yet your Dear Leader hasn’t sacked anyone over the failed hotel quarantine program that killed 800 Victorians. In fact he’s put one of the ministers who was responsible in charge of version 2.0. What great leadership.

But yea public housing investment sounds amazing by the government , until you hear how little the Andrew’s, Bracks and Brumby governments had given it over the last 21 years. I suppose better late than never! Much like Covid, only 6 months behind the rest of Australia

Btw when did 100 million become billions?

You still sucking on bitter lemons?

The spending on public housing is marvellous, the public transport spending is also marvellous, the proper pay for nurses, teachers, ambos, police and firees is wonderful by this goverment. The nurse patient:ratio for hospitals is world's best practice. Victoria leads the country in acute health care by this government. Stop ur whining and get real.

Last edited by watt price tully on Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:51 pm; edited 3 times in total
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:46 pm

And are last in the country for pandemic management, let's hope its truly a once in a 100 year event!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 6 of 15   

Jump to: